- Over 25 years of experience in Information Technology with strong work experience as Business Objects Developer and Business Analyst.
- Expertise in development of Business Objects enterprise Products (Universe Designer, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, InfoView, CMS, CMC & CCM) .
- Expertise in identification of Business and Data requirements and converting them into conceptual and logical data models.
- Requirements gathering, business, functional and design document creation.
- Excellent data - analysis skills and ability to translate specifications into a working report.
- Experienced in Training & Supporting end-user reporting needs and development skills.
- Strong database experience in using Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 , MS Access, DB2.
- Good understanding of Data Warehousing Design Methodology, Data Warehouse Concepts, Database design/architecture including both OLAP & OLTP data.
- Participated in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC (Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Documentation).
- Possess excellent communication, decision-making, Problem Solving, Analytical, and Interpersonal skills. Capable of working as a Team Member or Individually with minimum supervision.
Business Objects Tools: Business Objects 6.5 to XI R4.1, Web Intelligence XI R2 to XI R4.1, Universe Designer XI R2 to XI R4.1, Desktop Intelligence, InfoView, CMC, Import wizard, Report Conversion Tool, Xcelsius 2008 to Dashboard Design XI R4.1, Query as a Web Services (QaaWS), Live Office and Crystal Reports 2008 to 2013.
Tableau: Dashboard development version 9.3
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i/8.0, MS SQL Server 2013/2008/2005 , DB2, MS Access, Sybase, Informix and Vertica.
Data warehousing: Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflakes Modeling, Fact and dimensional tables.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003/2000/NT, Windows Vista/ XP/ME/98/95, DOS, UNIX/Linux.
Windows Utility: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project
Programming Languages: SQL, C, C++, Cobol
Dimensional Data Modeling Tools: Dimensional data modeling using Erwin modeling (Erwin 4.1/4.0/3.5.5/3.5.2 ), Physical & Logical Data Modeling, multidimensional modeling, Snowflake Schema/ Star Schema modeling (Normalization / De-Normalization Techniques), Erwin and Visio.
Business Objects Developer
- Business Objects developer role in building universes with contexts and hierarchies in BOBJ 4.1 for Sybase and Vertica relational databases.
- CMC Administration for Auditing and CMS database setup, security administration of users, groups, applications, access levels and Promotion Management
- Creation of complex WebIntelligence reporting for major client capturing network performance information.
- Training and demonstration of Business Objects navigation and report building to executive and end user staff.
Business Objects Developer
- SAP Crystal report development using Commercial Real Estate financial data housed in Oracle databases.
Tableau and Business Objects Developer
- Tableau dashboard development for Commercial Real Estate data
- Business Objects universe and report development and maintenance for similar Commercial Real Estate data.
Business Intelligence/Business Objects
- Project Management role for small cloud product rollout. Maintained MS Project tasks, issues, risks and weekly status meetings with strict adherence to company documentation submissions and approvals. Agile and Waterfall methodologies practiced to include user stories and use cases.
- Business Objects suite of tools development and support including Universe Designer, WebIntelligence with SAP BW BEX queries and universes, Crystal Reports, and Xcelsius Dashboards up through version 4.1.
- SQL script writing in IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server and Sybase. Connectivity to other various data source types includes SAP ECC and BW/Hana, Relational, OLAP and Data Warehousing with dimensional modeling concepts.
- Gathered and documented user report requirements. Testing and support through migrations to production environment.
- Assisted with CMC administration for security, publications, scheduling, server configuration and other miscellaneous configurations.
- BI Assessments identifying duplicate reporting, user and group configurations, universe designs and basic reporting practices.
Senior Consultant - Crystal Reports/BOBJ Developer
- Business Objects Enterprise XIR2-XI4 installation and product development.
- Administration and Security configurations, Universe Design, Crystal Reports, WebIntelligence, Dashboards and Explorer development using AS/400 DB2, SQL Server and Oracle relational, operational and data warehouse databases.
- Dashboard development using Live Office and QAAWS connectivity and advanced Excel formulas.
- Advanced Crystal Reporting with DB2 database originated universe and queried DB2 databases.
- Crystal Reports 2013 development includes complex charts, business views, crosstabs, subreports, multi-pass reporting with powerful grouping and sorts. Also drill-downs, advanced formatting and formula creations.
- Integrated Xcelsius flash objects into Crystal Reporting passing data parameters embedded from report.
- Advanced SQL writing skills.
- JIRA usage for Project Management activities.
Business Objects Developer
- Creation and maintenance of reports using Desktop Intelligence and Crystal to include Business Views.
- Provides Business Objects XIR2 and XIR3.1 support and development for commercial real estate cliental.
- Universe development and maintenance with table joins, designing complex derived tables, contexts, aliases, adding basic and complex objects and filters against AS/400 DB2 database.
- Business Objects System Administration training, support and client specific documentation to provide recommended security configuration.
- Research and resolution of client support issues.
- Understanding and exposure to various ETL concepts and processes.
Business Objects Developer
- Business Objects development from XIR2 to XIR3.1 in Universe Design, WebIntelligence, Crystal Reports and Publications to Xcelsius dashboards using Live Office.
- Strongly supported internal and external business units in ad-hoc reporting, development and troubleshooting using Business Objects suite of tools.
- Originally developed Dashboards in R2 using the Performance Management portion of Enterprise and then began developing dashboards using Xcelsius 2008.
- Interviewed users to gather and document requirements and then development and delivery of those requirements along with creation of other major project related documentation.
- Worked with clinical and call center data.
- Exposure to Dimensional Data modeling, Star Schema modeling and Snowflake modeling.
- Strong SQL skills using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008.
- As part of the BICC (Business Intelligence Competency Center) team, we evangelized the Business Objects suite of projects through training, performing demonstrations of products during annual user summits, newsletter article distributions across the IT user population and one-on-one sessions.
Senior Business Analyst
- Development and support to major external clients on Business Objects tools including Universe design, WebIntelligence, Desktop Intelligence and Crystal reporting for version 6.1B and XIR2.
- Strong skills configuring and troubleshooting Business Objects security performance and reporting issues.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Business Objects desktop and server products.
- Provides solutions to manage data using AS/400 commands, Iseries Client Access and other miscellaneous data transfer tools.
- Firm knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2000 Server operations and AS/400 DB2 database in maintaining Business Objects reporting over ODS, Data warehouse and DB2 database structures.
- Created and ran complex database sequel queries to resolve and report over data in DB2 and SQL Server databases.
- Trained System Administration of Commercial Property Management application (CTI) that provides Accounting and Financial components on IBM AS/400 for major REIT and non-REIT Property Management cliental.
- Instructed clients in creating reports on proprietary tool using AS/400 DB2 structured query language.
- Assisted in the manipulation of AS/400 DB2 data into miscellaneous formats for client requirements.
- Consulted in the development of DB2 database file structure into Business Objects Universes.
- Extensively used various features like Joins, Alias and Contexts in Universe designer to overcome various traps (Chasm, Fan) and Loops.
- Supported project teams in development of new product and custom software programs, applications, processes, tools and techniques.
- Maintained client interaction with support of requirements definition and documentation, program development and testing, system implementation and general customer support.
- Debugged and programmed using COBOL and C with Informix and Sybase databases on UNIX, NT and Stratus Operating systems.
- Maintained and increased current industry knowledge of E-commerce applications including electronic banking/payments, healthcare transaction process and customer relationship management system for healthcare, retail financial services and travel industries.
User Liaison/Business Analyst
- Performed liaison role between Engineering Development group and department users to examine and determine in-house application issues and proposed resolutions.
- Promoted to Business Analyst working with users in researching, evaluation and documenting Business Functional and Design requirements for major re-platforming project.
- Project was based on re-platforming from a DOS/Btrieve environment to a UNIX/Sybase environment with NT Client workstations.
System Support Analyst
- Proposed and implemented solutions to technical problems as identified in Client or internal projects.
- Post-installation support of company application including debugging, research, programming maintenance, database support and testing on UNIX based systems.
- Database Administration for Sybase SQL Server.
- Programming support with COBOL, C and C++ on UNIX systems.
- Also supported problem resolution on application developed for Stratus VOS systems.