A skilled IT developer with years of experience developing, supporting computer applications and training users for different companies. 7+ years of SAPBusiness Objects experience including Data Warehouse development, creating Universes and Web Intelligence reports, Crystal Reports, Xcelsius and Confidential Dashboards.10+ years supporting FOCUS, Mainframe applications.
REPORTING SKILLS: BUSINESS OBJECTS WEB INTELLIGENCE, CRYSTAL REPORTS, XCELSIUS DASHBOARDS,QUERY AS A WEB SERVICE (QAAWS), MS ACCESS, CRYSTAL REPORTS, FOCUS
MICROSOFT: VISUAL BASIC, ACCESS, MS OFFICE, SQL SERVER, VISUAL INTERDEV, VISUAL SOURCESAFE, MS EXCEL
WEB DESIGN: HTML, ACTIVE SERVER PAGES, VBSCRIPTING
MAINFRAME: FOCUS, DB2, SQL, IMS, COBOL, TSO/ISPF, JCL, CICS, VSAM, ENDEVOR
OTHER SKILLS: ORACLE, SQL
Confidential, VIENNA, VA
Business Objects Developer
- Working with a team of developers to create new Reports, make customer requested changes to existing reports in order to provide timely access to data to Human Resources functional areas such as Benefits, Payroll, Case Management as well as Confidential HQ users and Airport field personnel.
- Meeting with customers to discuss report requirements.
- Working with other teams to coordinate Internal testing, User Acceptance testing and deployment of reports to Production.
Skills Utilized: BUSINESS OBJECTS XI 4.1 / Web Intelligence, MS EXCEL, MS ACCESS
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Working with a team of developers to create new Dashboards, update and maintain current Dashboards created using Confidential ’s Data Visualization Tool.
- Updating webpage that allows users to access more federal resources, added more sites, descriptions and access instructions.
- Adding functionality to dashboards to improve navigation between dashboards. Maintaining values selected by users between dashboards, giving them more options for filtering data that is returned in dashboards.
- Researching and documenting consistency issues throughout the Dashboard as part of an effort to make sure that the different Dashboards handle data in the same manner.
Confidential, Rosslyn, VA
Business Objects Developer
- Review, document and update the Confidential (Global Finance Management System ( Confidential ) Universe to improve performance and run times for reports accessing the Universe that were previously extremely slow. Improved performance by as much as 50%.
- Building Crystal Xcelsius dashboards for Vendor Claims and Weekly Incoming Invoices using QaaWs to connect directly to the Confidential Data/Universes.
- Creating, maintaining and updating Crystal reports that access the Momentum Financial System Data Warehouse for Regional and Global Financial Management Systems.
Skills Utilized: BUSINESS OBJECTS XI R2 / Web Intelligence, XCELSUIS, QUERY AS A WEB SERVICE (QAAWS), CRYSTAL REPORTS XI R2,MS EXCEL
Confidential, Manassas, VA
Business Objects Developer
- Designed and developed a reporting interface using Business Objects for the JointSpectrumCenter to allow military personnel to track radio antenna, transmitter and receiver equipment.Icreated a Universe (metadata) for a complex Equipment Location Certification Information Database (ELCID) with 94 relational tables.
- I created advanced queries/reports from the ELCID Universe. I worked with Quality Assurance Team to test the Universes and conduct training sessions for Users.
- Maintained and updated the Human Resources Universe in the Enterprise Data Warehouse using Business Objects.
- I managed biweekly transfer of Pay Period data from the National Finance Center Legacy databases in New Orleans, LAas part of the ETL process to load Confidential Patent & Trademark Corporate Data Warehouse in Alexandria, VA.
- I managed and supported data retrieval and reporting from the Data Warehouse using Business Objects Web Intelligence and Desktop Intelligence for numerous users. Ialso worked with the technical support team to meet customers’ day - to-day needs.
Skills Utilized: BUSINESS OBJECTS 5I /Web Intelligence, ORACLE SQL, MS ACCESS, and ENTERPRISEDATA WAREHOUSE, IBM Mainframe MVS, TSO/ISPF, FOCUS
Confidential, Windsor, CT
- Worked with the Warehouse Management team to support existing COBOL/DB2/IMS Legacy Systems.
- Developed new COBOL programs, made changes to existing programs, created new Jobs and prepared JCL to run them through the production scheduler.
- Set up customers requiring access to secured Allocation system. Assisted in elimination of outdated application systems
- Created adhoc DB2 reports for customers to allow to do data analysis.
- Maintained SAP/ABAP applications as part of ERP support team.
- Developed Cost Estimation tool with MS Access/VBA for Engineering Tubes and Brackets team that allowed them to estimate costs for parts used in engines.
Skills Utilized:IBM Mainframe MVS, TSO/ISPF, COBOL, DB2, SQL, QMF, JCL, FTP, ENDEVOR, EXPEDITOR, MS ACCESS, SAP/ABAP, REMEDY
Confidential, Wallingford, CT
Programmer/Web Developer/Customer Support
- Worked on company’s website www.cduniverse.com adding functionality to web pages and repairing broken processes
- Implemented and tested new web pages
- Supported back end processing maintained on another website
- Supported customer service requests to address and fix problems experienced by people accessing website
- Supervised data entry of customer information into company database.