- 8+ Years of IT experience with strong background in Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience as an administrator from an infrastructure perspective supporting multiple Business Objects versions (SAP BI 4.1, SAP BI 4.0 sp6, BusinessObjects 3.1 and 3.6 environments).
- Responsible for Upgrade of Business objects 3.1 and 3.6 versions to SAP BI 4.0sp2
- Solid experience in development, installation, administration, migration, configuration, technical support, troubleshooting, maintenance and overall health of the BusinessObjects implementations.
- Expertise in Administering of SAP Business Objects 4.0 sp6, Business Objects 3.6, 3.1 and XI R1/XIR2 Enterprise suite using Central Configuration Manager, Central Management Console, Life Cycle Manager, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence reporting, live office, Publisher and Crystal Reports, Mobile technology.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using BusinessObjects Data Integrator XI (BODI), Data - services xi3.2, 4.0,4.1(BODS)
- Expertise in Migration of universes and reports to SAP BI 4.0 from previous versions and conversions of Reports using Upgrade management tool, Import Wizard and Report conversion tool.
- Expertise in file and security administration in SAP Business Objects 4.1, 4.0, XI 3.1, XI 3.0, XIR1 and XIR2 environments.
- Expertise in building clustered Business Objects Application services.
- Expertise in single sign on and LDAP configuration.
- Experience in server sizing and capacity planning of Business Objects environments.
- Member of BI infrastructure team at Confidential, Confidential, Confidential and Confidential and looking into administration of different BI tools.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery of Business Objects Universes and Reports from BIAR backups.
- Expertise in use of Query Builder and Instance Manager to support Audit functions of the Business Objects Application
- Expertise in BI 4.0 migrations using Promotion manager.
- Experience of Installation and administration of Business Objects Data Services client tools.
- Creating Users, Installing client software on local machines, Creating Profile server, Configuring Web administrators, creating users to monitor Jobs on CMC of ETL tool BO Data Integrator.
- Experience in creating Repositories, designing and developing Universes, Full Client/Web I reports, publishing and scheduling using Broadcast Agent for publisher and scheduler.
- Experience in user trainings and gathering user requirements.
- Tracking of application issues with Issue tracker.
- Working with executives and providing technical support to users by directly interacting with Business Objects technical support team.
- Extensive knowledge in software testing methodology and developing Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Case Design and Execution, Modification Requests.
- Unique ability to understand long-term project development issues at all levels, from interpersonal relationships to the details of coding scripts. A strong team member with good Communication and Analytical skills.
Business Objects Versions: SAP BI 4.1 SP1, SAP BI 4.0 sp6, Business Objects 3.1, 3.6 and Business Objects XI R1 and XI R2 environments.
ETL: SAP Business Objects Data Services 4.1sp1, BODS 12.2.2, BODI 11.2
SAP Tools: SAP Solution Manager 7.1, Vertex O Series Sales & Consumer Tax 4.1/6.0, Ancile uPerform 4.1/4.31/4.51
Operating Systems: Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2003, Unix, SUSE Linux, IBM AIX, Windows 2000.
Databases: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, MS: SQL Server.
Other Tools: SQL*Plus, SSH, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, BMC Remedy
Web Servers: IBM Web Sphere, Microsoft IIS, Apache Web Server.
Change Management Tools: Life Cycle Manager, Promotion Management, CVS
Business Objects Enterprise Consultant
Environment: Business Objects 4.1, BusinessObjects 4.0 sp6, BusinessObjects 3.1, AIX 6.1, Oracle 11g, Windows 2008 R2 server, Windows 2003, Crystal 2011, SAP Dashboard Designer, Xcelsius 2011 and SAP Live Office, SAP Business Objects Mobile 4.0
- Hands on experience with implementation on large installations on Unix/windows environment
- Prototypes of the approach along with documentation describing requirement, limitations, and future plans
- Worked as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Business Objects
- Review an Architecture Assessment Analysis (Sizing Analysis).
- Review and discuss and assess the current Security Model.
- Discuss Integration and Road mapping for future SAP BusinessObjects products.
- Having experience on all BusinessObjects product suites.
- I have expertise in BusinessObjects 4.0 software installation, configuration, tuning, performance monitoring, issues resolution and user assistance
- Installed SAP business objects mobile client and server to view reports from Ipads.
- The Mobile client application enables access to Web intelligence and provides users with document rendering, refresh, snapshot sharing, and navigation options.
- Implemented BusinessObjects on multiple servers performing load balancing and clustering in order to have high availability all the time to the clients.
- Upgraded BusinessObjects XI 3.1 Sp3 to BusinessObjects 4.0 and BusinessObjects 4.0 to 4.1
- Clustered multiple Business Objects servers together for load balancing
- Used SAP security authentication in BusinessObjects 4.0
- Did the Administrative Tasks like setting up new Users, Groups and assigning security at Folder level and I did LDAP/AD authentication for the business objects
- Trouble shouted the environment related issues by looking the Business Objects logs and Event logs and also worked with SAP Technical support to resolve multiple issues.
- Worked with DBA to back up the entire environment on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Having extensive knowledge on audit reviewing, advanced troubleshooting and experience to provide solutions (or) suggest solutions
- Deployed single sign on BusinessObjects Enterprise and its other Reporting tools
- Knowledge transfer sessions with IT team responsible for taking it over and maintaining it
- Having good knowledge on Central Management Console (CMC), Info view (BI)
- Experience installing configuring BO Lifecycle Manager (LCM)/Promotional Management & creating promotion jobs
- Experienced in promoting SAP BusinessObjects environments through development, QA, UAT, DR and production using LCM (Life Cycle Management)/Promotion Management/ Import wizard
- Perform environment refreshes, and apply software patches and fixes.
- Clustered the servers successfully by distributing the Business Objects Services effectively between all the servers to make the Business Objects Environment Highly available and get the " FAILOVER" to work efficiently.
- Experienced in scheduling the reports, programs in CMC
- Involved in day to day BusinessObjects Server maintenance
- Experience in scheduling of repository backup and tuning the Business Objects servers for a better performance.
- Customization of Business Objects Enterprise using SDK
- Developed Web service to generate text files (events),
- Scheduled jobs through TWS based on File based events
- Responsible for the Administration of the tools such as CMC, LCM. Administering BOBJ Security settings and setting up user, user groups and application security
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated commitment to production of high quality documentation
- Completed capacity planning for Business Objects to support large number of End-users
- Expert in using Custom Access list for user and group management in Business Objects XI 3.1
- Working on Business Objects 4.1 upgrade from 4.0 by performing analysis on resolved ADAPT numbers and also based on use of new improved functionalities.
- Installed SAP GUI on BusinessObjects servers for SAP connectivity worked with SAP BI team to Import SAP transport required for SAP integration
- Enabled SAP authentication through CMC
- Imported SAP users and Roles
- Configured SIA for Secured Network Communication (SNC) on BusinessObjects servers
- Configured SNC setting on CMC
- Configured program ID, Gateway Host and Gateway service parameter on registry of BW publisher service worked with BI team to configure RFC destination and Create BusinessObjects enterprise definition on SAP BI servers
Business Objects Data Services Administrator
Environment: SAP BusinessObjects Data Services 4.1 SP1, BODS 12.2.2, SAP BI 7.1, AIX 6.1, BMC Remedy 7.5, MKS Integrity 2009
- Expertise in providing guidance in the design, development and implementation of business intelligence capabilities with emphasis on products offered by BusinessObjects Data Services
- Experience with Data Integrator for ETL (Extraction, Transformation, and Loading) of data from multiple sources database systems to Data Warehouses.
- Upgraded Data Services 12.2.2 to 4.1
- Created Global variables to read the files from the shared location from the BODS Designer Also worked on the FTP process to put & get the files on the data-exchange servers.
- Migrated all the Projects of the team from DEV TO TEST TO PS TO PROD, & scheduled the jobs as part of the Administrator.
- Worked on all the standards & guidelines Best practices Documentation, and also the functional & Technical design specification documentation.
- Experience maintaining and monitoring connections and extractions between Data Services and multiple source systems
- Provided the technical guidance & knowledge transfer of effectively using BODS4.0
- Created user based repositories through Data Services Repository Manager
- Scheduled BODS batch jobs through IBM TWS on daily basis
- Installed the client tools on all the developer machines created their local repositories and added them to central repository. Involved in the Check in, Check out, get operations with other local repositories from Central Repositories.
- Daily Health check performed to analysis on SAP RFC Steps count, Jobs execution time, Datastores connections
- Implementation of Training and Mock systems for users, providing technical & system documentation for Business owners and users.
SAP BusinessObjects Developer/Administrator
Technical Environment: Business Objects XI 3.1/ XI R2, Crystal Reports XI, Infoview, Web Intelligence, SQL Server 2000, Windows XP, BODI, Xcelsius, CMC, CMS.
- Involved in the design and implementation of Universe using the BusinessObjects Designer
- Used the CMC to manage the XI R2 system by creating users and groups and assigning them appropriate access rights for various BO Applications as well as documents and universes
- Performed Migration of data using Import Wizard tool from BusinessObjects 6.5 to Business Objects XI R2
- Designed and developed universes in the designer, connection to the database, Classes, objects and defined joins, cardinality between tables, and predefined conditions
- Set object level and row level restrictions, to restrict sensitive client information to concerned departments only
- Used @functions like @prompt, @where, @select to create duplicate objects in the process of building the universes
- Created financial reports, charts using Universes as the main data provider. Reports such as Quarterly variance, Regional and Actual vs. Forecast were developed
- Created custom hierarchies while designing universe
- Created a corporate dashboard to monitor the key metrics using Performance Management tools
- Used Sliders, Pie charts, column charts, Gauges, Dials, maps and other features in Xcelsius
- Extensively used selectors, single values etc. and used dynamic display in the dashboards
- Created reports using Crystal Reports XI
- Vendor interaction via SAP Marketplace and with Technical Quality Manager on technical issues and problems requiring vendor support.
- Scheduled the Web Intelligence Reports using CMC
- Assisted in the analysis, design, coding and development of building a new schema
- Managed the report development process for accurate and timely delivery of the report
- Created master detail, cross tab reports with drill down/up, slice and dice features to analyze data, set variables, alerts and group values in the reports
- Developed various kinds of Control Flows, Tasks, and Jobs using BODI ETL tool
- Merged data from different sources like raw file, flat file using BODI
- Involved in documentation and end-user training
- Day-to-day operations of the reporting environments. Respond to and resolve assigned Level 3 tickets on Business Objects issues in production, test and development environments within defined SLA’s.
Technical Environment: Business Objects XI R2/6.5, Infoview, Web Intelligence, SQL Server 2005,Windows XP, Xcelsius, CMC, SSIS, BCA Publisher, Auditor, Teradata, Crystal Reports, Oracle 9i, DB2, PL/SQL.
- Identified and road mapped the Business Requirements (functional & technical) with the Business users, which acted as a base for the project initiation and implementation
- Developed Alpha reports which were solely for those working in the hedge fund industry
- Developed premium reports for various industries with coverage on Alternative Investments, Money Management, Pension Funds, Banking and Brokerage
- Involved in creating the ranking criteria for the top CEO and CFO for various firms by sector and location
- Created standard BusinessObjects templates to be used for various surveys which help project managers to take effective decisions in choosing the breakouts for revenue and regions
- Resolved loops, chasm and fan trap using contexts, aliases and integrity checks
- Created Repository for BusinessObjects development and distributed Domains
- Involved in Ongoing maintenance of developed applications, and handling the change requests
- Developed design and Hierarchy Building for Data Analysis and apply conditions in Objects
- Ability to tune queries in a Teradata environment
- Uploaded Master and Transactional data from flat files
- Extensive data extraction from numerous Teradata data tables
- Involved in creating crystal reports with complicated Queries, Document Centricity, Calculations, Variables, Breaks, Sorting, Drill down, Slice and Dice, Alerts, and Formatting Presentation Styles
- Created Web based reports using Web Intelligence and Scheduling and timely refresh of documents through Broadcast agent
- Providing user support and training in using Report Designer for creating AD Hoc reports
- Provided 24-hour on-call support for all systems with on-rotation pager.