Excellent Data Modeling and Analytical skills. Excellent Performance and Tuning skills. Extensive Database Administrator and SQL writing and tuning using Sybase, MS SQL Server and Oracle. Also, replication on both, as well as DR and HA architecture. Java developer, Python and Business analytic tools
SOFTWARE: ErWin, Powerdesigner, sql server; oracle, Java, Maven, Spring, Toad, unix shell and perl scripting, Autosys, Red Gate products; Sybase (4.9.2 - > 15), Sybase Replication Server, and tools; MS SQLServer 2000->2012; MS and lightspeed Replication; 3i from Precise (Indepth, Inform); MySQL (5.0) ; Oracle (9,10,11); DBArtisian; SVN, GIT, CVS; SCCS; cron; DB2/SQL Mainframe, ISPF/PDF, TSO, OS/MVS; JCL; CLISTS;
Data Analyst consultant
- Prime Brokerage Margins and Risk Technology
- Data modeler for new and existing applications using Powerdesigner.
- Performance and Tuning of sql queries. Analyzed statistical information in database to determine root cause of performance issues. Composed sql statements for adhoc or stored procedure usages. Queries utilized quantitative mathematical algorithms.
- SSRS reporting services for business analytics. Also SQL Developer,SSMS and TOAD tool to analyze data and save to excel spreadsheets
- Troubleshooting production issues including SSRS reports failing and analyzing the ExecutionLog2 table information
- Analyzed deadlock xml and made recommendations on sql and index changes
- Release management for sqlserver and oracle for approx 200 developers and staff using redgate tools to ensure releases were correctly applied to all qa and uat databases
Lead Database Engineer and Data Analyst
- Managed File Transfer Services
- Reversed engineered all Oracle MFTS databases including 3rd Party Axway's Secure Transport into Erwin and Powerdesigner
- Planned, tested and implemented Oracle RAC migration to new hardware.
- Release manager responsible for planning and project managing releases for all MFTS applications with emphasis on performance queries
- Java development using Eclipse, Maven, Spring, Springboot, SOAP and TOAD, JSON and xml.
- Created classes to be used for business analytic functions.
- Queries utilized quantitative mathematical algorithms. SSMS
- Reviewed SQL for MFTS application to request new ST route setups. Recommended index rebuilds and Confidential changes
VP Database Architect and Data Analyst
- Sybase and SQLserver dba architect supporting Global Stock Loan Prime Brokerage trading desk applications as part of Prime Brokerage area.
- Security master - analyzed and recoded app to import published info on Equity and Fixed income assets to support trading desk, including COB pricing and dividend information. Coded in stored procedures with a Python/Quartz front end. Code was derived from Algorithms provided by the trading desk and incorporated into the codeline.
- SQL Performance and tuning - use Precise’s indepth to discover poorly written code and help developers write more efficient code. Worked closely with production support to analyze all database issues.
- Confidential: reverse engineered existing tables and designed newly needed tables using PowerDesigner
- Desk research for quantitative information such as trend analysis, historical reviews and compliance requests, both internal and external.
- ETL, SSIS to move and filter the data. SSRS and SSAS to analyze data
- Reviews of data volatility, archive strategies and architecture to support compliance needs.
- Capacity planning for disks and machines; close interactions with DBA teams, OS support, archive teams.
- Supported release mgmt. qa and prod support teams.
- MySql DBA and perl scripting developer.
- Total Cost Analysis of trades and quantitative analysis information were the end products to many large clients.
Developer and DBA
- Wrote perl scripts to import client data, standardize the information based on loosely defined specs from business analysts.
- Incorporated calls to Quantitative Analysts information for front end for flexible views.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts to analyze client trade information.
- Optimized code for performance with index analysis
- Development was sometimes on a 24x7 basis as well.
- Loaded Security and daily statistic, including splits and dividend information into MySql
- Worked closely with Quant people on analytical information.
Senior Developer and DBA
- MS SQLServer developer and dba supporting versions 2000 and 2005 with replication and log shipping in production.
- Extensive use of Quest tools to manage servers.
- Supported applications for Total Cost Analysis of trades.
Developer and DBA
- Developed MS SSIS package to import and validate NAV Fund accounting spreadsheets for use in pivots
- Developed SSIS package to filter last 45 days of Portfolio data for scaled down database for dev and UAT
- Used SSRS and SSAS to analyze data
- Developed workarounds for LiteSpeed LogShipping due to bugs
- Supported MS SQL Server with log shipping to DR
- Maintained and monitored a MS Replication and replicated server as well
- Configured DBA Health reports using Quest Performance Analysis tool
- Reviewed Quest Spotlight tool to manage alerts and adverse conditions
- Backups used Quest LiteSpeed for compression (waiting for MS 2008 to replace)
- Supported Log Shipping using LiteSpeed and Native
- Lead DBA responsible for all aspects of database administration., from installations and customizations, data modeling, performance and tuning and production support.
- Applications included multi trader online trading systems and logged IM applications.
- Developed Architecture for version choice, upgrade plan, swing servers, upgrades in place.
- Developed uniform monitoring and maintenance architectures, and testing architectures.
- PowerDesigner to reverse engineer models for existing databases and new models for new structures
- Index review for existing structures
- Mentored developers to help them develop better code and pick better structures and indices
- Reverse engineered replication definitions and subscriptions
- Worked with Oracle developers before training since relational databases have so much the same
- Sybase, Oracle, and MySQL servers in production.
- 24x7 oncall support. Sole on call for many months.
- Fortunately, a usually quiet on call
- Replication servers maintenance of warm standbys and standard replication elements.
- Diagnosed Performance and Tuning issues on ASE and Rep servers.
- Data modeling using Erwin for risk management reports of trading system data. Migrated a severely spaghetti model into a coherent working structure.
- Performance and tuning of queries in all application including PeopleSoft.
- Training SQL to young business people.
- Capacity plan growth captured in both database and table level growths.
- Set up replication heartbeats to measure latency to warm standby.
- Installed InDepth (part of i3 package offered by Symantec/Veritas) and analyzed information, making recommendations on coding or index changes.
- Oversaw architecture for adding a QA environment to meet with Risk Managements guidelines.
- Analyzed deadlocks, reviewed code and made recommendations to coding changes to minimize deadlocks.
Sr. DBA (Consultant)
- Various projects support application development and testing areas.
- Reversed engineered existing databases into Erwin.
- Index recommendations.
- Table design reviews with change recommendations.
- Upgrade scheduling coordination and subsequent regression testing.
- Testing area setups and monitors.
- SQL review with 302/310 traces for application development areas.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Replication setup and maintenance.
Production Support DBA
- 24x7 rotation with excellent team
- Production support troubleshooting including replication issues
- BAU (business as usual) maintenance of index recreation for fragmentation, DBCC and
- Update statistics.
- Monitor environments for blocks, long running transactions, log suspend issues, checkpoint sleep deadlocks, replication latency issues, down servers, etc.
- Reversed Engineered existing databases into Erwin.
- Worked with business analysts and developers to create new models and maintain existing ones
- Worked with outside audit company to review models.
- Installed Sybase 12.0 with HA feature. Modified all appropriate files.
- Recommended and participated in many test cases to ensure High Availability with failover and failback success.
- Built a warm standby server. Also built a normal replication replicating 4 databases.
- Rep Defs and Subscriptions built for all tables.
- Installed and managed all servers in development,2 qa environments, staging and production environment.
- Set up all cron jobs to dump databases, dump transaction logs, update statistics, and dbccs.
- Shell scripting using ksh and bash to setup cron jobs as well as database releases
- Supported 2 production servers using SQL Server 6.5
- Installed SQL Server 6.5 for QA environment and development environment
- OpenSwitch introduction and implementation plan including management demos and technical training and support of product.
- Mentored 2 employees at both clients, assigning the work and supporting them through.
- Informal Development Manager on some application projects
- Requested status reports from each member of team
- Reversed engineered existing databases to a model for several Sybase clients.
- Interviewed developers to help with the relationship information
- Instructed and encouraged all new requirements that have data structure changes to be designed, and implemented by the database team, as part of application lifecycle.
- Upgraded all existing development servers to Sybase 11.9.2 with latest ebfs.
- Team built new sets of servers with multiple databases in each with production copies.
- Removed sa privileges from developers and replaced with support from dba team.
- Implemented formal change control releases with release packaging. Scripts given to production dbas for production integration.
- Database Architecture and Planning team organized and implemented standard release process. Adhered to existing standards at client.
- Teamed with developers to write better sql.
- Tech Support for various issues as OpenClient libraries.
- All dba scripts were written using unix shell scripts
- Implemented OpenSwitch as production application management for server rollovers.
- Recommended coding standards to include error handling and deadlock retry.
- Presented several topics of HA, OpenSwitch, an any requested topic.
- Created a demo with 2 application developers to demo server rollover with various degrees of seamlessness.
- Trained in replication server 11.5 and 12 versions.
- Sybase, MS SQL Server and DB2 DBA for a several production and development applications. using Sybase, DB2, ERwin 2.1, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Mail.
- Reviewed logical model with Data Administrators
- Designed physical databases with developers per specifications of app
- Recommended support schedule for backups and dbccs with Sybase sytem’s group
- Resolved performance problems on transactions identified by developers to be problem areas
- Advocated volume and stress testing for all applications
- Managed and implemented database changes
- Supported 2 other sybase dbas with their applications including performance analysis and covering for them on days requested.
- Wrote unix shell scripts in ksh and csh.
- Supported a very large development team with 1 other DBA, using Sybase 10.0.1.2, 10.0.1.3, Sun Solaris 2.4, ERwin 2.1, Lotus Notes, CC Mail, and PVCS.
- Responsibilities included database administration, Unix administration, reviewing high level and detail design specs and performance analysis.
- Modeled database for performance and tuned for SQL statements required to be executed.
- Ran a support desk to help programmers understand data concerns including constraints.
- Trained junior programmers in SQL, stored procedures, transactions and datatypes.
- Sybase Database Administrator and Manager for a Confidential Financing system and a hardware Leasing system using Sybase 4.9.2 and 10, HP UNIX 9.0, ERwin 2.0 and Powerbuilder version 2.0 and 3.0, and DBArtisian, Windows 3.1, Platinum (the order entry system), Lotus Notes, and SCCS.
- Responsibilities included managing a 2 member team, (including interviewing, training, and performance evaluations) and evaluating new software