Accomplished Information Technology professional with a strong background in design, development, and implementation of business applications. Experienced in designing, planning, developing, testing, directing, implementing, and reporting on projects; consistently delivering results on time and within budget constraints. Strong business background, able to work closely with end - users to develop system applications which effectively answer their needs. Dedicated, analytical, leader; highly technical.
HARDWARE: IBM Mainframe and IBM PC compatible
DATABASE: DB2, Teradata, VSAM, MS Access and Oracle
LANGUAGE: COBOL, Confidential Command Level, Assembler (Mainframe), MVS and ZOS JCL, Visual Basic, VB.NET, XML, HTML, CrystalReport, Microsoft Access, SQL, IBM Message Queuing, RFHUITIL
OPERATING SYSTEMS: ZOS, MVS, Windows, and MS-DOS
SOFTWARE: MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TSO SPF, Visio, File-Aid, ABEND-AID, FTP, QMF, IDCAMS, SPUFI, ODBC, Query Man, SMS Installer, Intertest, Expediter, IBM Debug, TOAD, Control-M, Hummingbird / Exceed, ChangeMan and Endevor
- I worked on enhancing the order entry system to fulfill the gaps between Lagasse Care line of business and the existing order entry system.
- My responsibilities included requirements gathering, system analysis, physical design, development, test plan, and testing.
- I developed several new Confidential screens, enhanced existing Confidential transactions, developed several new batch programs with EXCI to Confidential utilizing IBM Message Queuing, containers, and DB2 on the IBM ZOS mainframe.
- I worked on streamlining the FEP claim processing of Confidential Chip system.
- The project consisted of migrating some components of the eligibility and adjudication system from mainframe.
- I worked on various components of the eligibility, adjudication and patient share components of Confidential Chip claim processing system in support of 5010 and ICD10 projects.
- My responsibilities included requirements gathering, use case creation and /or review, system analysis, logical design, physical design, development, integration, implementation, test plan, testing, progress and status reporting, production implementation and post implementation support.
- The systems consisted of Confidential COBOL with IBM Message Queuing, containers, DB2 and VSAM database on the IBM ZOS mainframe.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
- I worked on numerous major enterprise level and application level projects in Quantum Leap financial systems. Quantum Leap financial systems enhancements involved gathering information from various claim processing systems (Mail Order, Point of Sale, Paper Claim, Alternately Adjudicated systems), processing billing, and invoicing.
- The system provided load files and application interfaces to all other enterprise systems such as: data warehouse, SAP, claim processing systems, eligibility, pharmacy payment, Medicare-B, and Medicare-D as well as providing electronic data to Confidential ’s clients.
- The system utilized batch and Confidential COBOL with DB2 database, COBOL with IBM Message Queuing, VSAM on the IBM ZOS mainframe.
Confidential, Northfield, IL
- I enhanced and maintained the collaborative demand forecast system.
- The system receives purchase orders and promotions from retailers and distributors, schedules the shipment plan from the appropriate mixing center to the respective warehouse, and forecasts the future demand.
- The system utilizes batch COBOL with DB2 database on the IBM zOS mainframe, Oracle database with PL/SQL procedures and packages, Korn Shells on the UNIX AIX system, and Manugistics software.
- Enhanced and maintained the GMAP application which maintains the customer database and the selection criteria for various forecast and MRP systems. The system was developed using DB2 and VB.NET.
Confidential, Elgin, IL
Consultant/System Analyst /Senior Programmer Analyst
- Performed requirements gathering, design, development, and implementation of financial interfaces between various policy administration systems and SAP.
- The interfaces consisted of formatting the interface files into a common format, balancing, and validation.
- I also designed, developed, and implemented a client/server application to allow the Financial Operation staff to correct the records.
- The system was developed using COBOL, VSAM, VB.NET and Teradata.
- Designed, developed, and implemented the electronic fund transfer for commission paid to agents. The system maintained EFT information for agents, extracted the data from the commission system and transmitted it to the bank.
- The system received the confirmation of the amount from the bank and provided the transactions on an intranet site. The system was developed using COBOL, VB.NET, ASP.NET and DB2.
- I also performed the development and on-going maintenance of ETL for Data Warehouse system using COBOL and Teradata utilities.
- Led a team of four in the design, development, and implementation of print system for property and casualty insurance lines of business that printed the policy contract, customer bill, audit report, cancellation memo, re-instatement memo, and rating worksheet. The customer packet is automatically stuffed into a mailing envelope using Gunter machines. The system was developed using COBOL, DB2, and VSAM.
- Converted several critical Command Level Confidential applications with VSAM files to Command Level Confidential applications with DB2 as the database.
- Designed, developed, and implemented the rate maintenance for the commercial property and casualty insurance line of business using Visual Basic and DB2.
- Designed and implemented the Agency Interface System that captured and loaded the insurance policy application into the personal lines policy database. The system was developed using COBOL, Confidential, and VSAM.
- Developed and maintained numerous Command Level Assembler, COBOL Confidential transactions, and COBOL batch programs for Insurance Policy Management System for personal and commercial lines of business.
Confidential, Rolling Meadows, ILConsultant/System Analyst /Senior Programmer Analyst
- Designed and developed various Command Level COBOL Confidential transactions and batch Assembler and COBOL programs for inventory control, order entry, invoicing, and accounting systems.