- Twenty years of successes realized automating Data Centers, designing and deploying several Infrastructure - as-a-Code (IaaC), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environments, writing/enforcing security policies/procedures, and maintaining compliance standards within highly-regulated business sectors (banking, finance, and insurance).
- Analytical, highly adaptable professional providing high-level support with extensive project management experience developing, installing and evaluating systems aimed at improving quality and efficiency.
- Skilled in scripting (bash and PowerShell) and aligning end-user needs with long-term resolutions to complex IT challenges. Track record of success.
- Keenly adept troubleshooter continually focused on identifying, isolating and resolving technical issues.
- Strong knowledge and comfort within Microsoft-based server environments, along with all peripheral processes.
- Accomplished communicator skilled in building and strengthening relationships with all levels of staff across functions to drive cohesive, strategic operations.
- Software Engineering - Management - Data Center Automation - Project Management
- BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management (CLM) Certification
- BMC BladeLogic Server Automation Certification (BSA)
- Infrastructure Design and Automation
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Troubleshooting & Resolution
- Software Requirements
- VMWare ESX 3.5 to vSphere 5.5
- Quality Assurance
- Testing Methodologies
- Test Plan Design
- Server Optimization
- Cross-Team Collaboration
Protocols: ISO/OSI layers, Ethernet (802.2), T1/T3, FDDI, ATM, ISDN, Frame Relay, X.25, SONET
Operating Systems / Software: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Linux RedHat, Windows .Net, PowerShell, IIS, XML, HTML, Cisco Works, DNS, Apple software
Hardware: Sun workstations, Cisco PIX Firewalls, Cisco 12000, 7500, 3000, 2600 Routers and Cisco 65000, 3500, 2900, 5000 Switches, Intel
- Solutions strategist and visionary for IT processes for multiple environments within the enterprise.
- Manage over 15,000 servers utilizing BMC BladeLogic Server Automation.
- Integral participant in cross-functional troubleshooting of complex systems, software, applications and programs; deliver recommendations for solutions and improvement.
- Deployed, upgraded and manage BMC BladeLogic Service Automation installations creating and documenting administrative and operational policies and procedures.
- Created and documented cross-platform and cross-team policies and procedures.
- Enabled software deployment and server configuration packages for the automation and enforcement of server configuration standards and inventory; developed and provisioned BladeLogic packages for application installation, compliance/remediation creating compliance and audit jobs to report/enforce server and application configurations to standards; troubleshoot Linux and Microsoft Windows issues and create patching policies to remediate.
Confidential, Portland, Oregon
Infrastructure Management Manager
- Reduced security and compliance violations to zero over a three-month period; increased system availability to over 99.93% and service availability to 100% (i.e. no unplanned service outage).
- Developed, documented and implemented policies and procedures for client BladeLogic administration and operation; created and provisioned BladeLogic packages for application installation, compliance and remediation employing compliance and audit staff to report/enforce application configurations to standards.
- Troubleshot Microsoft Windows patching policies 5,000 plus servers worldwide.
- Saved over $150,000 in Operating Systems patching costs; reduced costs of server build by an average of 72% for Windows and Linux servers.
- Upgraded the DNS and Active Director infrastructure for a mid-sized, national real estate company as well as the Active Directory infrastructure for a resume services organization.
- BladeLogic SME. Planned and executed Role-Based Access Control and Lifecycle Management for BMC BladeLogic Server Automation deployment for large insurance company with 12,000 plus servers worldwide.
- Deployed and configured BMC CLM 1.01 and 2.1 for a large Federal contractor, created and deployed Virtual Guest Packages, and created BladeLogic Packages for Linus kernel remediation.
Confidential, Columbia, South Carolina
Consultant (Senior IT Analyst)
- Oversaw the network diagrams of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) enclave.
- Led the migration from predominantly Windows 2000-based physical systems to predominantly Windows 2003-based VMware ESX virtual servers and SAN storage.
Confidential, Melville, New York
- Evaluated and designed the global DNS and IP Address Management infrastructure, policies and procedures.
- Designed and launched InfoBlox DNS appliances worldwide suggesting InfoBlox support of SNMPv3 and DNS Anycast utilizing BGP; designed and implemented operational policies and procedures deploying Quest/NetPro software suite of tools for Microsoft Active Directory security and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) compliance project; centralized management and audit of ~200 Cisco ASA and Nokia Checkpoint firewalls worldwide.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Led selection process, design and installation of BMC automation software for server configuration, compliance and administration for ITIL and utility computing initiative; design of high-availability BladeLogic architecture; deployment of BladeLogic as patching device for 700 plus Windows, UNIX (AIX) and Linux (RedHat) servers; design and administration of DHCP architecture and BIND and Active Directory-integrated DNS implementing multi-zone Active Directory-integrated DNS infrastructure utilizing custom DNS application zones in support of international organization and security concerns.
- Evaluated DNS solutions (InfoBlox, BlueCat Networks, and Men and Mice); planned and implemented the redesign, consolidation, migration and upgrade of Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 Active Directory.