- Project Execution | Hardware/Software Management | Production Support
- Project manager with extensive information technology experience in the financial and banking industry.
- Strong leadership skills managing multiple projects and motivating project team members to address customers’ business requirements.
- Recognized for building positive relationships with customers and co - workers to successfully meet client expectations.
- Successfully managed the conversion of a Check Processing System from the unsupported Confidential V-Series mainframe to the more advanced LIBRA system with no missed SLAs or disruption in service, including migrating 25 support applications.
- Project Management Waterfall and Agile
- Team Building
- Issue Resolution
- Team Development
- Mainframe & Distributed System Management
- Relationship Management
- Research & Development
- Business Case Development
- Use case Development
Confidential, Livonia, MI
Information System Technical Manager
- Managed the implementation of hardware and software of financial information technology.
- Provided leadership and direction to a team of IT professionals to plan, deliver, maintain, and upgrade current technologies as well as install new information.
- Worked closely with network security and Internet services to ensure all requirements and IT security measures were met.
- Act as the liaison between the organization’s top management and IT specialists.
- Assign and manage the work of other IT professionals such as, computer engineers, systems analysts, data security specialists and computer support specialists.
- High integrity, energetic leader known for ability to envision and create successful outcomes in complex situations.
- Diverse functional expertise with a strong commitment to driving for positive results, compliance, and profit and market-share growth.
- Led global team in developing a distributed system replacing hardware and software.
- The platform utilized enterprise-wide Printing, Faxing, and Copying. Including departmental charged back controls which were sent to and received from Confidential located in Japan. Utilized corporate communications department and tools for broadcasting and scheduled deployments.
- Provided analysis tools for department heads that helped reduce the overall printing costs by 10%
- As part of the Sterling Bank acquisition I led the migration and conversion of seven years of check images (millions of images) from an obsolete system to the company’s standard image archive; improved client experience by removing an extra system. Streamlined the process for statement reprint and image printing.
- Removed the need for application and OS support for 14 servers.
- Led a team of professional resources that supported national check processing system using the Confidential Check Processing platform.
- Prioritized and planned projects, upgrades, enhancements, and supported day to day 24x7 Image Item Capture, extract, and image storage (7 years for each image) and retrieval.
- My team was responsible for over a third of the input to posting which allowed the bank to open the next day.
- We were the platform that all ATM processing would through for validation.
Information System Project Leader
- Managed multiple projects through the project management lifecycle; implementing all aspects of business solutions including business processes,, performance testing, application development, infrastructure, and systems engineering.
- Led the seamless integration of item processing systems of other acquired financial institutions.
- Led the installation of Active Directory and DNS upgrade.
- This project replaced multiple Confidential logons with a single sign-on system.
- This conversion included process flows for Mail systems, file access and migration rights, User and group migration, Network security, LDAP Services, Internet Services, and Replication., cut over and production support was conducted by region across the country.
- Installed and maintained Check Fraud detection system that reduced fraudulent check cashing and saved over 2M the first year of operations.
- Planning for cut over included collecting and storing a database of check information for each customer for a period of six months of history.
- By provided a link with the teller platform and the HOGAN posting database, the system was able to provide Realtime verification for tellers.
- Designed, Developed, installed, and supported custom application to verify and build data base of valid check transaction codes.
- Including CICS screens to add, update and delete transaction codes in database.
- Designed a complete workflow of COBOL batch processing programs that would verify data integrity prior to posting transaction to related accounts reducing rejects by %25.