- Experienced Software QA Engineer with 8 years of work in technologically diverse, complex environments.
- Practical knowledge of various tools and techniques, used to perform end - to-end, black box, white box, user acceptance, implementation, and regression testing.
- Proficiency in test data preparation, creating and executing test cases, defect reporting and tracking.
- Hands-on experience in creating various technical specifications, reports, and other deliverables.
- Diligence and responsibility, strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to multi-task while staying focused on priorities.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), agile and waterfall methodologies, experience of work in CMMI Level 3 environment;
- Hands-on experience in creating Test Cases, Test Case Specifications, Requirements Traceability Matrix and other deliverables, updating Test Plans including business flow diagrams and schedules of sprint activities;
- Practical knowledge of data preparation for manual and automation testing to support positive, negative, and boundary testing;
- Expertise in functional Black Box and White Box testing of applications, performing Integration, Regression, End-to-End, System Compatibility Testing, and UAT;
- Ability to effectively manage test results, including defects logging, tracking, and reporting; experience of collaborating with business analysts and developers on identifying the nature of defects;
- Experience of active participation in scrum meetings with multiple working groups in order to coordinate test activities for the current sprint; creating meeting minutes and updating daily status testing progress
TESTING TOOLS: ALM (former Quality Center), JIRA, CrossbBrowserTesting Tool, Altova XMLSpy, JAWS, SoapUI Pro, XSD Diagram testing Tool, Selenium IDE, WinSCP, PuTTY
SOFTWARE: Oracle, MarcLogic, Java, PL/SQL, HTML, XML
OFFICE ENVIRONMENT: Lotus Notes, Office 365, SharePoint, Outlook Express, CALT (CMS collaboration network), Tortoise SVN, MS Office (including MS Project and MS Visio), Serena Dimensions RM, Rational Quality Manager
Senior Software Consultant
- Assist in developing repeatable software application testing processes, creating test artifacts and test process metrics;
- Perform sprint gap analysis and test feasibility reviews, participate in requirement reviews, coordinate and update schedules at sprint and release levels,
- Develop and maintain automation testing scripts and test cases, update Test plan;
- Perform functional, regression, and integration testing to validate data hub functionality. Create test data (sets of XML files) for different test scenarios, load files into the database using SoapUI Pro, run the files to validate system's request and response;
- Prepare Test summary reports, Test execution reports, Root cause reports, and Defect traceability matrix;
- Assist in developing and improving testing processes, participate in peer reviews on QA deliverables
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Prepared complete sets of test scripts based on the business requirements and use cases, identified and managed defects, suggested the ways of resolving issues and enhancing functionality of the systems.
- Created and executed SQL queries to validate dataflow and functionality of the application on the backend;
- Performed testing of all the aspects of the systems' functionality including role assignment, data upload and search; periodically conducted regression testing.
- Performed Compatibility testing of NIH public web site with different operating systems, browsers and hardware, including various mobile devices.
- Performed full functional, end-to-end, negative, user acceptance, and regression testing of the systems
Senior QA/Test Engineer
- Worked with business analysts and developers to identify testing strategy, designed test scenarios based on business requirements and technical specifications;
- Created test scripts, maintained them in Quality Center, updated Test Case Specifications and RTMs;
- Prepared test data, including creating sets of XML files, SQL statements, loaded XML files in database, ran reports and validated data;
- Performed functional, integration, negative, and end-to-end testing of various reports, based on Cognos and Powerbuilder platforms, and Java applications. Executed PL/SQL procedures to move data on backend, wrote and executed queries to verify data flow and calculations, ran reports to validate report layout and data;
- Performed Smoke testing and complete Regression Testing of the system after new build deployment;
- Extensively used Quality Center for test case execution, logged and managed defects, triaged V&V findings, and produced status reports;
- Participated in peer-to-peer reviews, Lessons Learned discussions with business analysts and developers in order to resolve issues and identify process improvement opportunities.
Quality Assurance Test Engineer
- Worked in partnership with the project teams to analyze Product Technical Specifications (PTS) and testing needs in order to develop a test strategy;
- Created and executed SQL queries to validate backend functionality of the application;
- Actively participated in strategic sessions and walkthroughs with business analysts and developers to analyze requirements and prevent any possible issues at early stages of SDLC;
- Prepared detailed test cases based on PTS and Use Cases, evaluated and created test data;
- Identified, logged and managed defects using JIRA, identified possible causes of issues (environmental, data, or coding problems), and assigned the defects to proper individuals;
- Submitted test results in a form of Defect reports and Test Summary reports