- Senior Business Analyst with over ten years of experience in health care.
- Expert in the Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) framework, gathering and defining requirements, developing and documenting system design and project documentation; facilitating client status, requirement, and design meetings; and mentoring and training peers. Motivated, detail oriented, self - starter with excellent customer-facing, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Medicaid Policy
- Business Analysis
- System Development Life Cycle (Agile and Waterfall)
- Configuration Management
- Project Management Documentation and Procedures
- Call Center Operations
- Customer Service
- Training and Mentoring
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Access)
- Online meeting and communication tools (Skype, GoToMeeting, WebEX)
Confidential, Lansing, Michigan
Professional Services Senior Analyst
- Research and curate instructional materials for new and existing employees.
- Provide project support in the member management business area.
Confidential, Lansing, Michigan
Senior Business Analyst
- Identify and define project scope and objectives.
- Communicate project goals and objectives to development team.
- Create and maintain application design documentation and project deliverables, including requirement specification documents, use cases, and requirement traceability matrices.
- Identify areas of opportunity through research and interpretation of data.
- Interact and communicate with a diverse group of individuals including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Facilitate, organize, and coordinate customer-facing meetings including requirements gathering sessions, joint application design sessions, status meetings, and change control meetings.
- Provide status updates on project activities for project stakeholders.
- Engage cross-functional teams to discuss requirements and design solutions.
- Facilitate release planning with client and project team members.
- Develop training materials and conduct internal and external training sessions.
- Mentor new hires and college interns by establishing goals and ensuring that established goals were met.
- Coordinate peer and quality review activities.
- Support regression, system, user acceptance and unit testing.
- Prepared project deliverable documents including training and risk and issues management plans, gap analysis, state self-assessments, and MITA road maps.
- Interview business process owners.
- Identified client “as-is” and “to-be” business processes.
- Make recommendations for process improvement based on interviews with customers, industry standards, and best practices.
- Coordinated and facilitated customer-facing meetings including MITA sessions, requirement gathering sessions, and status meetings.
- Conducted daily, weekly, and monthly audits to ensure quality measures and organizational best practices were met.
- Developed operational policies, procedures, and process flows.
- Provided feedback and guidance to staff regarding federal and company quality measures and policies.
- Suggested process improvements based on quality audits.
- Provided excellent customer service to internal and external customers, including healthcare providers..
- Researched and resolved escalated issues.