Confidential brings extensive experience as a delivery manager for large teams to ensure expected functionality is delivered successfully and on budget. Confidential meets challenges head on with a realistic, quality conscious approach and excels in timely project completions by paying close attention to quick issue resolution and scope management. Confidential is able to partner effectively to ensure that everything moves forward smoothly without losing sight of the people and team dynamics
- Organized, hands - on approach to success - goal focused
- Creative issue resolution for people, business and technical issues
- Superior planning skills - believes in doing it right the first time
- Comprehensive “big picture” decision making
- Ability to handle and adapt to dynamic situations very well
- Excels in developing relationships with team members
- Strong technical skills
- Communicates easily at all levels
- Encourages trust and respect
- Promotes agile based methodology
- Finance Oracle EBS - domestic and global
- HRMS Oracle EBS
- Manufacturing Oracle EBS
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Performance management
- Expense management
- Custom development - drilling information, Rig scheduling, Aircraft Maintenance
- Delivered capability to enable the multi-year Service based strategy that would result in a high degree of business rule flexibility with a cost effective in support of achieving Confidential goals.
- Led program to consolidate rules into Enterprise Orchestration Services from disparate legacy systems.
- The enterprise solutions provided a single view of product availability and the most efficient routing of product to customer using a set of REST API’s that reduced dependency on the legacy systems
- Led the effort to migrate new and existing services to new technologies that supported the corporate technology goals.
- The tools, such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, Docker, Java, Drools, Jenkins, were architected to provide A/B capability in the cloud for both the information services and the orchestration services that in turn allowed a 24x7 availability and a 99.99% uptime.
- Enabled and executed on rapid integration of acquisitions into the Confidential technology platform.
- This was highlighted in a 3 month project that integrated Trunk Club into the Confidential platform using services.
- This provided instant savings on the previously expected cost of integrations and allowed for additional reuse of the services already created.
- Supported initiatives for the enhancement of the Oracle EBS HR and Finance modules enabling the company to expand into the Canadian market.
- This involved extensive application configuration and development of new extensions to add capability over and above the configurable aspects of the Oracle EBS suite.
- Directed team which managed the Oracle EBS suite of applications for Finance and HR and implemented associated applications including performance management, company compliance and workforce scheduling.
- Supported a team of over approximately 60 people and initiated the following from a team/people perspective
- Trust within the team was improved to facilitate better working relationships
- Moved peoples thinking toward different working methods - becoming more agile based and lean.
- Started a departmental continuous improvement process using Kaizens
Senior Project Manager
- Led the upgrade of Oracle EBS to R12 for Finance and HR which was a significant undertaking for the Financial suite.
- Managed the implementation of several applications from a $5.5M project migrating the merchandising AP processing to Oracle EBS to a $1million online payslip implementation. Responsibilities during these projects included:
- Reporting project status to stake holders and steering committee regularly
- Coordination of disparate groups impacted by change
- Managing investigation of what functions legacy applications performed
- Managing budget, workplan and resources
- Managing and working with onshore/offshore team
- Identifying opportunities for removing technical debt
- Mentoring and developing team members
Senior Project Manager
- Managed various smaller projects and activities where my responsibilities included:
- Implementation of: Expense System (Concur) ; Employee total compensation statement; Various package upgrades
- Minor enhancements and Production Support
- Lead DBA for Oracle HRMS implementation
- Participated in creation of coding standards and all technical reviews
- Managed up to 8 project environments to support all project phases
- Responsible for day to day operation of production/test/dev Oracle applications (Finance and HR suite) environments
- Mentored in-house DBA
- Upgraded Oracle applications from 11.5.4 through to 11.5.10 and RDBMS 8i to 9i
- Responsible for day to day operation and maintenance of 12 production databases and mentoring of a new in-house DBA.
- Defined strategy for near to mid term Oracle Infrastructure.
- This included consolidation of databases, backup/recovery strategy, infrastructure and migration to a common Oracle version across the company.
Senior DBA/Technical Lead
- Responsible for supporting the global implementation of Oracle Financials, Manufacturing, HR module and iProcurement (v11i) modules. This was implemented in a phased rollout of countries over the period of the project.
- Technical lead/DBA on Phase II (worldwide rollout). Added responsibility for developing and managing to the workplan, mentoring team members, advising on technical direction whilst ensuring that standards were followed, deadlines were met and that the system met performance criteria
- Support and tune the Oracle application environments in production and development for all regions.
- Responsible for various application and database upgrades ensuring integration with the Vitria middleware. Created the development standards and guidelines to be used in the Corporate Oracle environment.
- Providing various installation and support services to development teams and implementation projects for retail, telephone billing, government and technology companies. Responsibilities at all sites included a number of the following:
- Installing Oracle EBS application software - multiple versions
- Planning and executing database and application software upgrades
- Mentoring junior staff
- Advising on standards and performance tuning
- Planning and maintaining development, test and production environments
- Provided input to hardware architecture
- Completed an audit on the Oracle environments to highlight deficiencies
- Responsible for installing Oracle EBS manufacturing suite v10.7 and supporting the project team.
- Mentored local staff DBA’s to support the implementation project and ongoing maintenance of the system
- Stabilized existing production environment and installed new Oracle EBS version to support the re-implementation of Oracle Financials.
- Created code migration standards and development standards.
- Supported custom development project to implement Tax Revenue application for Confidential .
- Created a distributed development environment to reflect the intended production environment.
- Responsible for the data modeling support using LBMS tool.