- Business and Finance Editor / Writer / Content Specialist
- Builds brand loyalty and designs revenue generating products
- Recognized for drawing viewers to websites by developing compelling and enticing content and adding value to existing stories through content curation and the use of engaging pictures, graphs and videos.
- Deadline - driven leader in news reporting with experience in multiple countries.
- Coached and managed teams of reporting and editing staff from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Strong news judgment, copy editing and multi-tasking skills.
- Committed and organized team player, dedicated to achieving individual, team and corporate objectives. Areas of expertise:
- News Reporting and Editing
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Skills
- Team Builder
- Talent Management
Confidential, New York, NY
Top News Editor / Web Editor
- Kept fixed income and investment banking customers informed by updating relevant Top News pages on Eikon with real time news.
- Built brand loyalty and effectively showcased best breaking and analytical stories by selecting and displaying the most important in-house stories of the day.
- Captured the attention of viewers by writing catchy and accurate headlines and summaries.
- Increased viewer interest by selecting engaging pictures, graphs and videos for stories.
- Ensured global capital markets intelligence stories were error-free, factually and grammatically correct and easy to read. Edited stories written by staff writers as well as wrote headlines, selected pictures, charts and multimedia content.
- Instrumental in making IFRe.com the “go to site” for all capital markets news by updating the site daily with stories written by in-house team of reporters and Reuters staffers.
- Continuously alerted section editors about breaking news by constantly monitoring the newswire.
- Built brand recognition among retail wealth and investment management professionals by consulting marketing team to gather client requirements, conducting reader surveys and studying competing products to understand the market.
- Identified and created content specifically designed to meet clients' requirements.
- Created pilot newsletters, continuously fine-tuning the product until it was successfully launched.
- Generated additional revenue and retained customers through the newsletter.
- Ensured journalists in India wrote global stories for international audience and adhered to international standards by collaborating with Training department on the development and implementation of a new training program.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Selected stories, edited and wrote headlines and summaries.
- Provided readers a consolidated view of regional markets activity by compiling the closing Latin America and the opening Asian stock market reports.
- Instrumental in the team that helped launch the online edition of the Weekend Journal.
- Single-handedly monitored and updated the Website on some weekends and national holidays.