- Senior Business Intelligence Consultant with over 9 plus years of professional experience as IT consultant in Administration, Architecture, Design, Development and Deployment of data warehousing and business intelligence applications using Cognos 10 BI Suite, Cognos 8 BI Suite, Report Net, and Cognos Series 7.
- Experience in developing and maintaining Framework Manager Models both Relational and Dimensionally Modeled Relational (DMR) models.
- 8 years Business Intelligence experience using Cognos Series 10.x, Series 8.x, ReportNet, and Series 7 - Impromptu 7.1/6.6/6.x, PowerPlay, Transformer, Cognos Data Manager.
- Expert in Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio, Metrics Studio, Map Manager, Business Insight, Business Insight Advanced, Active Reports.
- Expertise in Metadata Modeling - Advanced Relational Model as well as Dimensional Modeling (DMR) with Cognos recommended approach.
- Experience using Confidential Cognos Cube Designer and Integrated Dynamic Cubes to develop Virtual Cubes.
- Created project, Prepare Metadata, Business View and Manage packages, Set security using Parameter Maps and publish into portal.
- Migrating the Oracle reports into Teradata environment and Migrating Hyperion (BRIO) reports into Cognos 10.x reports.
- Experienced in ETL Tools. Knowledge in extracting data from source systems (Oracle, MSSQL and DB2) and bringing it into the data warehouse utilizing an ETL tool like COGNOS Data Manger, Informatica, Abinitio.
- Expertise in Data Modeling for DW using Erwin. Strong experience in creating reports using Relational, DMR models, Transformer Cube as data sources in Report Studio.
- Proficient in RDBMS and good programming experience in Oracle10.x/9.x/8.x/7.x, SQLServer 2008/2005/2000 , SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions.
- Experienced in Migration Projects (Cognos Series 7 to ReportNet/Cognos 8.x, Cognos 10.x and from Cognos 8.x to Cognos 10.x. as well Maintenance and support of existing Reports and OLAP Cubes.
- Good team player with excellent communication skills, analytical and problem solving, time management skills. Provided Professional Cognos & DW to the Resources.
- Experienced in implementing Cognos SDK and integrating Cognos with the ConfidentialReporting Portals.
- Experience in configuration and setting up security (users/groups/roles and access privileges).
- Experience in designing Complex Power play Transformer Models for building the cubes including externally rolled up measures.
- BI Tools: Confidential Cognos BI Suite Cognos10.x and Cognos 8.x, Report Net, Report Studio, Query Studio, Framework Manager, Content Manager, Cognos PowerPlay, Cognos Transformer, Report Administration, Power Play Web, Access Manager and Upfront. Hyperion (Brio)
- Databases: Oracle10g/9i, SQL Server 2005, 2008, Teradata, Confidential DB2, SAP r/3
- Web Servers: Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 4.0/3.0, Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS), Netscape Director Server (NDS), Apache HTTP Server, UNIX Server
- Data Modeling: Star and Snowflake Schemas Modeling, Facts & Dimensions.
- ETL Tools/ Data-Warehousing: Cognos Data Manager, Knowledge of Informatica.
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, XP, 2000, NT, 98, 95 & 3.0 and UNIX.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCECognos BI Analyst,
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Created Adhoc reports according to the Business Users MIS reports (Excel reports).
- Worked extensively on enhancements of production defects and Data validations.
- Assisting the End Users for creating the Adhoc reports.
- Worked on Cognos Workspace to build the dashboard reports and Active Reports.
- Involved in modeling of reporting data mart which was built from Data Warehouse in a report-driven approach, considering aspects as Granularity, Normalization and Performance of reports - This data mart was updated monthly from the DW.
- Created securities for the reports using LDAP servers.
- Scheduling and bursting the report as per the Business need.
- Creating the DDL for reports as per the Business requirement.
- Worked on parameter maps in Frame work manager for dynamic filtering the data sources.
- Given Access to the Business Users for the User groups in Access manager.
- Created the Users in Cognos Connections and given permissions to the reports.
- Created drill through and Master detail relationship reports as per the client requirements.
- Worked on Analysis studio and creating the drill through from the Dimensional data to relational data report (Dynamic drill through).
- Worked on complex reports in Relational and Dimensional Reports.
- Creating the Cubes as per Business needs and creating the reports in Analysis studio.
- Created user groups in Cognos Connection from Active Directory groups.
- Moved SIT packages to UAT and UAT to Production.
- Involved in preparing the Reports development estimations and deliverable plans.
- Involved in preparing Data validation sheets/Test Cases for the developed reports.
- Attended the client meetings to report weekly status on support.
- Migrated Cognos 10.1 reports to Cognos 10.2 version.
- Worked extensively on Framework Manager for creating Adhoc reporting Packages.
Environments: Cognos 8.4.1 &10.1, 10.2 (Business Insight Advanced, Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Connection, Framework manager), PowerPlay Transformer, DB2 10.5, Oracle 11g.Cognos Lead / Sr. Cognos Developer,
Confidential, Buffalo, New York
- Developed Active Reports using active controls and the different decks (e:g: Static, Data Decks, Data Drop-Down List, Data Radio Button Group, Interactive Behavior) available in Active Reports.
- Created crosstabs, charts and tabs in Workspaces in Cognos 10.2
- Added text, images, picklists and action buttons in Workspaces in Cognos 10.2
- Helped users create interactive dashboard, layouts and texts in Workspace Advanced
- Implemented the drill through, drill up and Master Detail Relationship between Active Reports and converted existing reports into Active reports.
- Involved in managing group of people and leading them for development and management activities, assigning tasks, making task plans and weekly and monthly status reports.
- Built Financial Reports specific PowerCubes Implemented security using Custom Views.
- Developed central modeling Layer (Framework Model) with Star and Snowflake schema groupings, Parameter Maps for enhanced performance .Implemented macros to build the dynamic string to enforce dynamic behaviors.
- Developed Dynamic cubes and Virtual cubes using Confidential Cognos Cube Designer and integrated the dynamic cubes to develop a virtual cube.
- Used Native SQLs in Framework Manager to achieve the results required by the business.
- Performed Deployment of Cognos Content from DEV to PROD, Job Scheduling, Folder Security, and Framework Object Level Security.
- Developed highly complex reports involving dynamic selection based sorting, Drill-Through, multiple Conditional blocks and Conditional Variables, select and search prompts with multiple options, prompt pages.
- Preparation and Review of Technical Analysis and Design Documents. Created Implementation plan and Live release plan for the Production release.
- Effort estimations for the requirements and reevaluate the effort estimates based on scope deviations.
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
- Involved in analysis, design, development and implementation (SDLC) of Business Intelligence and Maintaining Applications using Cognos Business Intelligence Tool suite.
- Developed and Published Packages in Framework Manager - Connecting and testing the data source, created database layer, physical layer and presentation layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects.
- Created multi-dimensional cube using Transformer and deployed the same along with reports using PowerPlay Enterprise Server.
- Created cubes and tuning cubes and presenting cubes according to the Business user.
- Developed Stored Procedures and created Stored Procedure Query Subjects in Framework manager to enhance Report Performance.
- Implemented Relational Modeling in Framework Manager developed Dash boards in Report studio and Scorecards metric studio.
- Created security at package level, object level in model and security to package in Cognos connection.
- Created Ad-hoc reports based on user requirements using Query Studio.
- Developed reports like List, Crosstab and Dashboards by using Conditional styles, render variables and conditional blocks in Report Studio.
- Experience in Cognos performance tuning and optimization using load balancing and distributed hardware architecture.
Environments: Cognos 8.3 (Framework manager, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio), PowerPlay Transformer, Active Directory, SQL Server, Oracle 9i, Microsoft Office, Windows XP Pro.Cognos Consultant,
Confidential, New York, USA,
- Converted the underwriting application from Cognos 7.3 to Cognos 8.4.1.
- Migrated Cognos PowerPlay 7.x cubes to Cognos 8.
- Analyzed business requirements with the business users and train them in the new technology.
- Involved in analysis of functional business applications and design specifications.
- Created drill through and Master detail relationship reports as per the client requirements.
- Created Bookmarks and Table of contents in the report to drill through in the single report.
- Developed reports in Report Studio using dimensional and relational models.
- Converted IMR (Impromptu) reports to C8 reports and Power play reports to C8 report studio.
- Developed interactive customized maps for Regions, district and Territories in report studio.
- Developed models in Framework Manager and PowerPlay Transformer
- Provided to power users in Analysis Studio and Report Studio.
- Instrumental in Coding, testing, debugging, maintaining and refining the computer software to deliver the solution.
- Prepared required documentation, including program-level and user-level documentation.
- Enhanced software to reduce operating time and improve efficiency.
Environment: s: Cognos 8.2 (Report studio, Query Studio, PowerPlay Studio, Analysis Studio) Cognos Impromptu, SQL Server 2005, Sybase.Cognos Developer,
- Created the Facts tables and Dimensions according to the Client requirements in Cognos Data manager, Data extracting from SAP r/3 tables.
- Monitored Daily jobs in the Production Catalog in the Data manager and informed the cube loads status to the Client.
- Designed multiple reports in the report studio using various templates like list reports, cross-tab reports and charts.
- Designed and Developed Framework Manager Models to be deployed as packages.
- Worked on complex reports such as dashboards, scorecards and reports with multiple drill through and Master Detail.
- Used Cognos Connection for organizing, security, scheduling and distributing reports.
- Created join conditions to the Fact table and the Dimensions table in Framework manager and published the Packages.
- Validated the Cognos Reports Data with the SAP r/3 database.
- Enhanced the Cognos report in the Production portals according to the client’s requirement.
- Prepared the end user template for understanding the report functionality for the Business owners.
Environment: s: Cognos 8 (Cognos Connection, Framework Manager, Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio), Cognos Data Manager (Cognos Decision stream), Oracle 9i, SQL, Windows XP.Cognos Developer,
- Designed the Technical Design documents by understanding the Functional Design documents.
- Involved in Unit testing the reports and designing the Unit Test cases template.
- Designed & developed multiple reports in Report studio using various templates like List reports, cross-tab reports and charts in the reports.
- Enhanced Production reports based on the Change Requests.
- Worked on Java script in the reports to get the desired functionality.