- SAP BI/BO with 8 plus years of overall experience, which includes 2 full life cycle implementations in BI and 1 full life cycle implementation in Business Objects XIR3.1.
- Experienced in SAP Business Objects Administration, CMC, Deployment, Life Cycle Manager
- Solid expertise in using Business Objects Administration Tools, Web - Intelligence, Import Wizard, Life Cycle Manager, Publishing Wizard, Report conversion tool, Designer, Planning, Metadata Manager, Crystal Enterprise 2008/XIr2/10/9/8.5/8, Xcelsius, Live Office, QaaWS, Dash Board Manager, Broadcast Agent, Auditor, CMC, CMS(SIA), Supervisor, Info view.
- Proficient in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle(SDLC) including Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, System Implementation, Performance Tuning, Testing and Support.
- Strong experience in building universes on Star schema & Snowflake Schemas. Resolved loops by using Aliases & Contexts, Shortcut joins.
- Experience in designing and developing Universes, Full Client/Web-Intelligence reports, publishing and scheduling reports using BO 5X, 6X.
- Created canned reports, complex ad-hoc reports using Business Objects Web Intelligence tools.
- Created canned reports, complex ad-hoc reports using Business Objects Web Intelligence tools.
- Expert in creating Dashboards, Scorecards using BO Dashboard Manager/Xcelsius 2008
- Experience in creating reports with Crystal Reports 2008.
- Experience in various areas of SAP BW/BI which includes data modeling, data extraction, data loading (Full-delta uploads), scheduling, monitoring, testing and go live for BI and enhancing according to the requirements.
- Expertise in data extraction from R/3 and non-R/3 systems.
- Worked extensively on OLTP extraction from R/3 source systems such as LO-Cockpit, CO-PA and from non- R/3 source systems, flat files, using generic data extractions.
- Developed SAP BI components like info objects, DSO, info cubes, remote cubes, transfer rules, Update rules, multi providers and queries.
- Experience in Design and Development of Queries, Reports and Workbooks, Web Application Designer (WAD), Web Report publishing using BEx Analyzer(RRMX) and BEx Query Designer and Crystal Reports.
- Proficient on BO Data services tools.
BI/BO Tools: SAP BI 7.0, BW 3.X,Business Objects 3.X & 4.0, BEx Suite, WAD, Business Objects 6.5, XIR/2 and XIR/3, Xcelsius, Crystal reports
Languages: C, C++, SQL,PL/SQL and Java (J2EE)
Databases: Oracle 8/9i/10g, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access.
ERP: ECC 6.0, ECC 5.0, 4.7, 4.6C
Web technologies: Html, java script, xml
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/NT and Unix.
Packages: MS: Office
Sr. Business Objects Developer
Environment: Business Objects 4.0 upgradation (Deski, WebI),Business Objects 3.1(Solaris) to Business Objects 4.0 Windows 2008
- Updated and maintained existing Universes based on changing user requirements and based on changes in data source.
- Proficient in applying patches successfully on both client and server level
- Experienced in testing all the Test Cases
- Having experience in configuring system environment
- Proficient in Performing Unit testing
- Converted all DESKI reports into WEBI
- Experienced in integrating BO with SharePoint
- Migrated the content from Business Objects 3.1 to Business Objects 4.0
- Implemented both security level and universe level
- Workaround Documentation for future references
Environment: SAP BI 7.0,Business Objects XI 3.1,Webi,Crystal 2008,Xcelsius 2008,Live Office
- Interacted with Users and Business Analysts in gathering requirements and translate them to Technical specifications.
- Involved in preparation of project plan and installation of software’s.
- Used CMC to Import BW roles into BOE, create new Users, Groups, and Folders and assign them appropriate Log In and access rights depending on their Profiles ( As per BW Roles).
- Developing new universes based on SAP BW/BI BEx queries, Info cubes, Multi Providers.
- Developing WEBI, Crystal and Xcelsius Dashboard’s using LIVE Office, QAAWS.
- Created Crystal Reports using Crystal reports formulas, Grouping, Parameters, Hyperlinks, Sub Reports, Running Totals and Hierarchies to handle the end user requests.
- Developed publication to scheduled reports to run every day on a periodic basis.
- Developed Inventory, FIAR, Sales SAP Crystal Dashboards (Xcelsius) using Live Office, QAAWS.
- Documented use cases, Best Practices and involved in Unit Testing.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
SAP BO Consultant
Environment: Business Objects XI Rel2/Rel3, Designer, WebI, Import Wizard, Crystal Reports XI, Oracle 11g/10g, TOAD, Windows 2000, SQL Server 2005, SDK, Java Scripts, Java PVCS, Visio, SAP BW Infocubes, Xcelsius, Dashboards..
- Documented the user requirements into Functional Specs and Technical Specs.
- Created Universe using SAP BWInfocubes as Data Source and configured Classes and Objects based on the InfoCubes.
- Involved in Designing and Development of Universes, Classes and objects which suits the standard, analytical and ad-hoc reporting requirements of the Business Objects users.
- Detected loops, and checked the Integrity of Universes. Created Classes, Objects, Hierarchies. Created Prompts, Filters and used Aggregated Awareness function.
- Created Derived Tables in the Universe to create frequently used reports.
- Converted Legacy .NET reports and some Crystal Reports to WebI Documents.
- Created Cascading List of Values at universe level for the Organization Hierarchy to be used in Hierarchy Prompt for various reports.
- Used Contexts and Aliases to resolve Chasm Traps and Fan Traps.
- Built complex formulas in the WebI documents to accommodate business rules and report Formatting.
- Created Several Standard reports WebI Documents for various Departments, which uses refresh on Open so that each time Prompts are presented to the users to select the report Criteria.
- Created reports in Crystal, WebI and Deski using all the functionalities (@ Functions, Case Syntaxes, Open Doc.
- Prepared Documentation to understand how the reports will work and how to use the functionality with step by step also called as Data maps.
- Prepared universe for Ad-hoc query functionality to educate users. Allowing them to run queries to create some reports using objects in the universe.
- Created customized Web Intelligence reports as a source data for Live Office to Integrate Xcelsius on Corporate dashboards.
- Installed Crystal Xcelsius, Query as Web Service, Live Office Add in (Client) and created dashboards.
- Created Scorecards, Metrics, Goals, Alerts, Rules, used Dashboard builder and Strategy Builder.
- Created different types of Dashboards according to end user requirements Using Crystal Xcelsius.
- Changed the info view page layout by adding new features like the company details instead of the Business Objects logo by using the customization methods.
- Used User response function in BO to capture the Prompt Answers and displayed them in the Report.
- Applied Complex Alerter (Conditional Formatting) for a report, which has Critical Missing fields for the Missing Field Reports.
- Defined User Hierarchies so that report users can Drill from Summary report to Detail report.
- Extensively involved in migrations from one environment to other. Used Import wizard, created BIAR files for migration and backups.
- Developed Dashboards for the Sales Team using Xcelsius.
- Created Bar Charts using Business Objects.
- Maintained Users and Users Rights Management within CMC.
- Involved extensively in training the Users for how to create Ad-Hoc reports using WebI.
- Worked in Production environment to configure folders, users and security.
Business Objects Developer
Environment: Business Objects 6.5, Oracle 8/9i, BO Designer, Web intelligence 2.6.x, Windows XP.
- Interacted with Project Manager and Business Analyst to understand the requirements and modified universe to cater report specifications.
- Modified, tested and maintained universes.
- Extensively used multiple data providers for building reports.
- Created cascading prompts at the universe level. These cascading prompts were used within full client and thin client reports to narrow down the selection parameters.
- Built Custom Hierarchies in universe to facilitate drill down in full client reports.
- Created and maintained Business Objects Web Intelligence reports.
- Analyzed BO full client reports using Slice and Dice, and Drill Down.
- Built reports using ZABO.
- Performed data validation by creating adhoc reports.
- Created different types of reports, like Master/Detail, Cross Tab and Charts (for trend analysis).
- Documented the deviations from the original specifications. And employed Enhancements on complex reports.
- Optimized the usage of user objects, conditions and universe level filters.
- As a Supervisor created Users and Groups.
- Experience in writing test cases and test scripts to validate the queries.
SAP BI/BO Admin Developer
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0, SAP BI 7.0, BEx, BOXI 3.1, Crystal Reports, WEBI
- Populated the Info Objects, DSO Objects and InfoCubes (0FIGL C10) with Master data and Transactional data from SAP R/3.
- Developed Transfer rules, update rules & worked on update routines.
- Created Info packages to load the data and schedule background jobs.
- Imported users and Roles from SAP BW to Business objects in CMC.
- Created Aggregates, Compressed Info Cubes, Updating DB Statistics Regularly and rebuilding missing indexes for increasing the Query Response.
- Designed and developed process chains for master data loads and transaction data loads with the help of Info Packages.
- Involved in Performance Tuning.
- Customer exits used in the BEx reports to display default values in selection screen and also to populate variables before the execution of the report.
- Developed Jump Queries for reporting additional detailed information.
- Developed DSO & cubes to pull in data. DSO consisted the daily data whereas the cube consisted the weekly data.
- Designed and created Infoproviders to suit the Reporting Requirements and improve data load Efficiency.
- Created and enhanced User exits on R/3 and BW.
- Configured use of restricted key figures, variables and calculated key figures in queries.
- Maintain Generic Data sources with Delta capability and Extraction checking of the Data source through Extract checker.
- Used Designer as a part of Universe Development for Defining the Parameters of Universe, Inserting the table, making Joins, Resolving Loop's, Creating Classes, and Objects.
- Created complicated reports including sub-reports, graphical reports, formula base and well-formatted reports according user requirements.
- Generated analytical reports using Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulae features.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
Sr. BI/BO developer
Environment: SAP BI 7.0, BW 3.5, SAP R/3 4.7, Business Objects XI3.1/XI R2, Business Objects Universe Designer, Central Management Console, Infoview, WEBi, Import Wizard
- Involved in SAP BW Data warehouse Architecture Design, Physical and Logical data modeling (Info sources, Info objects, ODS, Info Cubes, Transfer/update rule and Process chains).
- Involved in complete life cycle implementation of SAP BI.
- Using LO Cockpit to activate and load transaction data from the Sales header and item detail Data Sources.
- Used extractors from Logistics Cockpit for Sales Order Header and Item level and Billing.
- Used DSO objects to stage the data from different data sources and transferred the DSO contents into various data target and Info Cubes based on the requirement.
- Designed and developed Multi providers on Info Cubes for sales and billing.
- Built Process Chains for running Delta Loads after manual INIT loads in Logistics, developed many ABAP routines for Update and Transfer Rules.
- Extensively worked on extracting the data from SAP R/3, and Flat Files to SAP BI.
- Involved in activating various Business Content objects for extracting Master Data and Transactional Data from SAP R/3 into SAP BI.
- Worked extensively with Transformations and DTPs for 7.0 dataflows.
- Enhanced existing master data and transactional data extractors.
- Worked on BEx Query Designer in designing queries using filters, variables, navigational attributes and structures to facilitate flexible, detailed drill down data analysis to the required level of information.
- Worked on Restricted Key Figures, RRI Calculated Key Figures, Exceptions, Conditions, Variables and filters.
- Involved in consistency check in aggregates and Attribute Change run.
- Involved in debugging the user exit code in RSRT and worked on the performance tuning of reports.
- Upgraded the Business Objects products from 6.5 to BO XIR2 using Import and export wizards.
- Migrated Business Objects lower version (6.5) documents, Universes and their connections, User privileges and their access levels into Business Objects XI Release 2.
- Worked on Query Panel, Prompts, Report Layout and Re-formating using Webi.
- Created various complex List Reports, Grouped Reports, Cross tab Reports, Chart Reports and Drill-Through Reports.
- Customized data by adding prompts, Filters, Calculations, Summaries and Functions using Webi.
- Provided knowledge transfer to the customer throughout the SAP methodology lifecycle advising the customer on module functionality and configuration best practices testing procedures.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
SAP BI consultant
Environment: : SAP BI 7.0, Xcelsius 2008, Business Objects XI r3, Web Intelligence XI r3 Crystal Reports, SQL Server
- Gathered information regarding the business requirements from management and Users to design the overall layout.
- Extensively involved in setting up of procedures for extracting data from SAP R/3 using Generic Extraction.
- Worked extensively in creating both Static and Dynamic Reports as per the requirement.
- Developed drill through Queries for detailed Reporting using replacement path variables.
- Used Cell-Definitions, Structures, Exceptions, Conditions.
- Created customer exit variable EXIT SAPLRRS0 001 in the Reports developed
- Used Restricted (RKF) and Calculated Key Figures(CKF), Formula Variables, Replacement path Variables, Customer Exit Variables, User entry Variables in the Query Designer to develop reports.
- Developed front-end queries using Query Designer and Web Application Designer (WAD) and publishing results on the web.
- Worked extensively on transporting info cubes, workbooks, queries, ODS from BW development.
- Distributed workbooks to the Users using the Precal Server, so that the users can receive the Reports through mails as per the scheduled date and time.
- Responsible for thorough data validation using different unit test cases.
- Extensively worked in ‘RSMON’ transaction code
- Manually executed RFC in case of load failure
- Defining BEx broadcaster settings for the pre-calculation and distribution of workbooks, publishing queries and workbooks by e-mail.
- Business Components are administered & maintained through Administrative Work Bench (RSA1) including areas of Data Loading (Full/Delta Loading), Scheduling, Monitoring & working with Master/Transaction & also Cube Compression.
- Developed the Process Chains (RSPC) to automate the data upload.
- Proficient on performance tuning using aggregates, rollups, Change run, Partition, Compression, and Indexes.
- Checking the inconsistencies and repaired using the Transaction code RSRV & also monitored the Query performance by using Transaction code RSRT.
- . Responsible for documenting Functional and Technical Specifications for the Reports developed.
- Extensively involved in production support.
- Responsible for knowledge transfer to BW developers and end users
SAP BI/BO Consultant
Environment: SAP BI 7.0, BEx Analyzer, Business Objects Enterprise XI R2, Web-Intelligence, SQL SERVER 2005, SSIS, UNIX and Win 2000.
- Involved in migrating old data model BW 3.5 to new data model BI 7.0.
- Involved in the design, development and extraction of the data from R/3 system and flat files in to BW system from SD and MM modules using LO Cockpit extraction methods.
- Analyzed the Info Cubes and ODS objects to meet the reporting needs of the client.
- Experience in the creation of the setup tables for the LO Cockpit extraction.
- Created process chains for periodic upload of the master data as well as the transactional data.
- Involved in the monitoring data transfers from source systems into BW using PSA.
- Experience in creating formula variables, conditions, exceptions, exception aggregation, cell editors, customer exit variables and structures for developing complex custom reports.
- Involved in the creation of the dash boards for sales, purchasing and delivery using Web Application Designer.
- Performance tuning of queries using aggregates, table partitioning, indexing of Info Cubes.
- Used the APD (Analysis Process Designer) feature in BI to perform several look ups to tie the transaction data to specific master data attributes.
- Extensively used the wizard in WAD and published the reports on Enterprise Portal as iView.
- Installed Business Objects Enterprise and created Groups and Users Business Objects CMC and was thoroughly involved in Business Objects Enterprise Administration.
- Defined Users, groups, categories & connections with CMC.
- Used Import wizard for migrating reports & universes across environments.
- Designed architecture & set up for development, production & test repositories.
- Implemented web intelligence in distributed (clustered) Environment.
- Worked extensively with the Business Objects Designer in preparing Universes from the warehouse database.
- Created Universes based on the dimensions, detail and measures required for the reporting analysis.
- Developed reports for financial needs of the business using Business Objects DESKI/WEBI.
- Created Web Intelligence documents for ad-hoc requirements across the board for all kinds of users.
- Developed Webi reports with Parameters, Sub-reports (Master/Detail) using open Doc functionality.
- Worked extensively with the major functionalities of BO like Breaks, Alerters, Global and local Filters, Sorts, Query Prompt and Drill filters.
- Scheduled the Reports using Business Objects Enterprise.