Proven IT and business strategist with 30 years experience increasing operational efficiencies, controlling project costs/time - frames and implementing/maintaining technology initiatives to support business objectives. Expertise in systems analysis, strategy definition, product development, project management, due diligence, budget management and resource loading. Capable of working in a broad range of organizations from start-ups to large/mature IT organizations including experience with Provider (hospitals and small doctors offices), Health Plans and Health Care Technology Organizations. Tenure and experience in matrix organizations working across the enterprise to meet deliverables both in technology and business. Mature Program management skills acquired over the last 30 years of tenure.
STRATEGIC & TACTICAL PLANNING:
- Product Line Due Diligence
- Global Infrastructure Implementation/Management
- Major Project Management/Deployment
- New Technology Implications Evaluation
- Procedure/Process Integration Process Reengineering & regulatory controls
- BPO Definition/Model Design
- Crisis Interception & Risk Analysis/Management
- Business Plan Creation & Presentation
- Venture Capital Negotiations & Contract Negotiations
- Organizational Development & Vision
- Team Building, Mentoring & Staff Leadership
- Mergers/Acquisitions & Conversions
- Vendor Selection & Negotiations
Hardware/Networks: IBM Mainframes, HP3000, HP9000 and SUN. Unix (O/S).
Software: Sequel, Client Server, Internet, Intranet development environments, Oracle DB and Warehousing DB2SDLC Methodologies and testing strategies.
Languages: Forte, Cobol, C, C++, Java, Visual Basic, Magic, Fusion, XML, Imaging/Scanning, Object Oriented Systems and EDI
Information Technology Consultant
- Provided strategic direction to merger of Confidential.
- Defined the technology strategy including policies and procedures and integration requirements with the rest of the Confidential organization.
- Provided Direction to Executive Team on Technology Governance and Processes required to establish a new health plan.
- Completed strategic contract in six-month timeframe.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Program Director Applications and Acquisitions
- Responsible for acquisitions of health plans and implementation of acquired plan.
- Responsible for integrating technology solutions of the acquired plans. Worked in a matrix function to obtain resources to achieve successful completion of project.
- Defining integration strategies including project management methodologies and security governance in acquisition.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Conducted diligence on a data center move that was behind schedule and over budget.
- Provided turnaround support to realign the approach and strategy of the Program Team.
- Provided support to a $50 million data center restructure and move of a remote data center to an in house solution.
- Responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of data center solutions and regulatory controls.
- Negotiated with vendors on contracts and consulting support for deployment.
- Defined policies and procedures for governance of data center including disaster recovery plans.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Sr. Customer Service Manager
- Responsible for supporting 3,000 administrative staff and Medical staff with on-going operational and medical technology.
- Responsible for Providers and Patient Care.
- Responsible for the enterprise wide information delivery system inclusive of all aspects of the hospital technology including satellite hospital information delivery.
- Advise executive management (CFO and Medical Board) on technology strategy for hospital growth.
- Responsible for budget controls and cost containment in excess of $550K.
- Responsible for significant tower expansion project including all infrastructure, applications and process delivery.
- Responsible for implementation of all new applications for current operational requirements.
- Responsible for the five-year projection plan for the hospital.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
Sr. Director of Enterprise information Management
- Responsible for the enterprise wide data repository.
- The initiative was facing numerous challenges with infrastructure, resource and budget issues.
- Redefined department requirements and structure to deliver on end product.
- Responsible for the future vision of the data warehouse and national participation of initiative.
- Defined the architecture and implementation through best practice methodologies for all phases of project delivery.
- Responsible for direct (15 direct staff) and matrix staff across the enterprise. Required skilled negotiations with all functional department managers. This was completed within the first three weeks of tenure on the job.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Researched and traveled international markets evaluating operational and technical issues related to the positioning of a remote BPO.
- Presented results report to HMS executive management.
- Met with venture capitalists to determine opportunities/interests in USA for international outsourcing.
- Defined workflow, process/procedures and technology to support remote international BPO site/operations and presented cost/revenue models.
- Advised venture capitalists with information on BPO methodologies.
- Wrote comprehensive business plans defining start-up organization for technical product line and BPO operation.
- Clearly defined risks management issues related to managing remote BPO model. Presented HMS and venture capitalists on associated risks.
Chief Technology Officer
- Facilitated process of repositioning product for sale on open market by writing complete business plan and negotiating with Venture capitalists to create/capture opportunities.
- Successfully restructured network and migrated geographic location of IT organization.
- Defined severance package for laid-off employees.
- Saved company continued loss in expense by conducting product line due diligence and providing recommendations to executive committee.
- Recommended ‘sunset’ of product line.
- Recommended budget changes/realignment and depreciation of items.
- Implemented and negotiated closure to vendor contracts.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Provided framework for organizational growth by analyzing/restructuring IT infrastructure and implementing changes required (company has grown as much as 25% its original size with no IT problems).
- Implemented infrastructure supporting remote site and eventually an international site. Defined international IT organization as cost containment strategy.
- Redefined budget and collaborated with CEO/CFO to delineate required changes and obtain new budget approval.
- Refined structure of various functions, establishing individual leadership at each level.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Executive Director Product Development
- Hired/reduced staff, oversaw budgets for applications and implemented all required changes to deliver product to market.
- Supervised 42 technical staff and four functional application areas with three areas having critical technical challenges.
- Released product to open market with 30 to 50 clients running businesses on it.
- Managed additional applications on the OPEN product line after delivering on integration efforts. Analyzed/redirected product line.
- Established new technical direction to rewrite all code in Forte on tightly managed project schedule after analyzing financial systems design and concluding that the strategy to use COBOL and Forte code modules in close integration was flawed. Delivered finished project in only seven weeks and met all specifications, the 1st Confidential OPEN platform component to meet project timeline and quality targets.
- Reduced Confidential membership subsystem bug count from 150 issues to zero, readying final release of membership upon completion of claims subsystem by another organization.
- Integrated claims review products (Code Review, Claim check, CRMS and CCMS) after acquisition of two organizations. Successfully released products that generated $10M over three years for Confidential to open market.
- Promoted line personnel and team leads to management positions and mentored new managers through difficult personnel problems, technical issues and organizational challenges. Helped employees set career objectives and plan for advancement.
Confidential, Portland, Oregon
Director of Information Systems
- Managed overall IT Organization and oversaw 24 x7 data center with production controls requiring implementation.
- Guided application changes/new applications development, maintained business needs through applications, directed operations and converted/integrated technology between parent and remote sites.
- Collaborated with community to define requirements and position application for growth.
- Defined/managed risks and established vendor partnerships. Implemented regulatory/compliance issues (NCQA and HIPAA) and managed 35-member staff.
- Restructured Development, Production and Database Management departments for increased efficiency.
- Provided strategic vision, championing corporate Intranet Web and database development Implemented project development/implementation processes
- Completed a seven month conversion after acquisition of Seattle, WA based HMO within schedule time frame. Converted systems from SureCare to Amysis with production of 26,000 claims per month and 300 system users.
- Maintained continuity of business while relocating data center, including 300 users and all production equipment.
- Achieved NCQA accreditation for Health Plan through IT support and implementation of application changes.
Confidential, Portland, Oregon
- Directed Risk Model Application project, defining application design, needed resources and project timelines.
- Grew organization and resources 25% and forged partnerships with business community, restoring relations/repairing damage done by former leadership.
- Assumed ownership for troubled physician capitation project. Redefined project scope, established user requirements, froze specifications after user review/approval, set new schedule with measurable milestones and delivered project on time (within six months) and under budget.