- Seasoned, creative, customer - focused professional with an entrepreneurial bent and a passion for helping organizations achieve their goals and solve their problems by applying technical solutions, industry best practices, effective management techniques, and systems thinking.
- IT project management and tools (MS Project, Visio, MS Office)
- Business process engineering and improvement
- IT production systems management
- Cross functional team leadership
- Enterprise architecture
- Database design/programming and tools (Oracle, Oracle PL/SQL, TOAD, MS Access, ERwin)
- Data warehousing
- Business intelligence reporting and tools (Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Oracle Reports)
- Help desk and end-user support
- End-user training
- Functional and technical requirements analysis/definition
- Software test planning and execution
- Small business planning, startup, and operation
- Non-profit organization leadership and management
- Senior management decision support
- PMO (Project Management Office)
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Telecom billing systems (Amdocs Ensemble)
- Sales commissions systems (Oracle Commissions)
- Financial systems data analysis and reporting (Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft)
- Vendor selection and management
- Technical writing and editing
Confidential, New Market, VA
- Started a retail dry cleaners in an area where one had not existed for 40 years and grew it to $100,000 annual sales with four full and part time employees.
- Startup planning including preparation of a business plan, startup financing, vendor selection, site selection and renovations.
- Instituted pickup/delivery service in an underserved area doubling revenues.
- Developed an out-sourcing agreement for production tasks as a cost cutting strategy.
- Managed all aspects of day-to-day operations including HR, marketing, customer service, financial management, taxes, and regulatory compliance.
Senior Analyst/Technical Project Manager
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Responsible for decision support data gathering and reporting in the Office of the CIO including department-wide status reports and Balanced Score Card.
- Analyst role in an IT SWAT team set up to evaluate significant sales commission issues rooted in both business process and system problems.
- Resolved over 100,000 claims over a six-month period and eliminated those problems going forward resulting in significant morale improvement and decreased turnover among approximately 50,000 Confidential Sales Associates and indirect dealers.
Programmer/Analyst/Systems Manager/Project Manager
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Managed a cross-functional and geographically diverse team of employees and contractors to develop and test interface code between existing systems and new wireless billing system.
- Analysis on a project to re-flash operating system software on over 100,000 handsets due to a manufacturer programming error.
- IT owner (operations, maintenance, enhancements, help desk, and end user support) of Confidential 's sales commission database used to pay approximately 10,000 sales people and dealers.
- Owned the IT portion of Confidential 's financial reporting and analysis and managed a team of 13 employees and contractors.
Owner and Senior Consultant
Confidential, Timberville, VA
- Major project engagement to develop and support a PC-based telephone bill analysis program.
- Provided help desk and new user training for the bestselling (worldwide) PC-based magazine circulation system.
- Developed computer-aided testing software to be used with a set of wireless, data entry keypads.
- Modified/enhanced an open source PC-based accounting system for sale to the property management industry.
Customer Support Specialist/Help Desk
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Sole responsibility for help desk support and training for 100+ customers located throughout the US and Canada.