- An experienced IT professional with proven expertise across the full software development lifecycle, project management, as well as system analysis and design.
- Subject matter expert in the management of large - scale mainframes for public and private sector entities across multiple industries.
- Proven track record carrying out and managing COBOL application development within Confidential mainframe environments, including utilization of COBOL, and DB2 on CICS .
- Non-technical skills include team leadership, cross-functional collaboration with business stakeholders, as well as timely reporting to senior management.
SOFTWARE: VS/Cobol, Cobol II, CICS, DLI, IMS DB/DC, DB2, UDB2, Oracle, Assembler, VSAM, Easytrieve, TSO, QMF, SPUFI, JCL, JAD, UML, Rational, HTML, XML, MS Projects, PeopleSoft, Websphere, MQ, Crystal Reports, Case Tools (ERWIN, ADW, COLGEN), FileNet, Rational, SAP ECC, SAP R/3 (FI, HR).
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Led technical team as part of a legacy system conversion from Confidential mainframe IMS to SAP ECC platform.
- Conducted technical and requirements analyses to ensure alignment across design/development as an input to conceptual data model development.
- Provided planning, scheduling, and management support to coordinate target dates and deliverable milestones while helping coordinate configuration, testing, and other implementation activities.
- Worked with analysts, functional leads, and developers to recommend FI (AR, AP, GL, HR) system functionality necessary to support and optimize business processes.
- Performed hands-on design, development, testing, and debugging of integration points .
- Worked in tandem with functional team leads to ensure SAP Financials and Human Resource configurations and functionality aligned with requirements analysis.
- Closely consulted with client stakeholders to identify implementation gaps while suggesting recommended solutions and alternative tradeoffs.
Training and System Development Manager
- Developed business plans and proposals to secure training facility, devise curricula content, and market materials.
- Oversaw the strategy, planning, and execution of organizational training for various Confidential, CIW, Red Hat, Linux, Cisco, PMP, and Microsoft products.
- Established new multinational organization in the free zone area (Internet City in Dubai).
- Coordinated class, instructor, and customer assignment logistics to ensure seamlessness.
- Oversaw financial performance through set up and management of annual budgets to meet profitability goals.
- Implemented continuous feedback through regular employee performance evaluations and evaluation processes for all training modules, specifying areas of improvement in curriculum and future actions plans.
- Instructed numerous courses including JCL, COBOL, SQL, DB2, CICS, and PMP.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Corporate Systems Manager
- Subject mater expert and technical lead of enrollment systems, responsible for working with vendors to convert prior enrollment and claim system from native mainframe to internet/intranet using Websphere, MQ, UNIX, CICS, COBOL II, DB2, VSAM, and Rational.
- Managed daily operation and three-month release of multi-million record database enrollment system.
- Planned, scheduled, and reviewed technical aspects of COBOL software application releases.
- Worked with functional and business teams to determine requirements necessary to build optimal solution and ensure delivery satisfaction.
- Maintained documentation and artifacts for scheduled and emergency releases.
- Oversaw successful deployment of update and off-cycle releases.
- Responsible for all sub-systems surrounding the core Enrollment system (ID-CARD, Letter, Reconciliations, Distributed Enrollment, Ad-Hoc reports, and Demand Management).
- Coordinated with Director’s Office and business stakeholders to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Led and supported Software Process Improvement and Quality Assurance Initiatives.
- Provided technical support to other in-house projects (HIPAA, New Claims, E-Service, FEP-Direct).
Confidential, Annandale, VA
- Led technical implementation as subject-matter expert in IMS database data communication (DB/DC) to migrate Occupation Health Management system (OHM) and HR applications from IMS DB/DC under MVS mainframe to Oracle client/server database architecture.
- Designed, coded, tested and debugged COBOL programs subject to technical requirements necessitating read/load of all IMS database segments into flat file, with subsequent mapping/integration to Oracle database.
- Managed and deployed application within area of responsibility to interface and work with SAP.
- Delivered quality enterprise-wide technology solutions for a number of business areas in the company.
- Assessed customer needs while recommending process enhancements, selection, and customization of hardware/software solutions.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Responsible for selection and evaluation of software to support law enforcement systems while meeting user requirements and system environment specifications.
- Software requirements included report writer, form generator, workflow management, and law enforcement case management tools which covered intelligence, investigations, inspections, legalities, detections, deportations, and jail(s) management.
- Defined user and environment requirements for selection and evaluation of gateway and middleware software for ability to interface and allow law enforcement systems to communicate with over thirty other law enforcement and national crime system databases, each operating within different environments
- Managed implementation of full-text retrieval system for FBI, with query capability to online library of explosive manuals, encyclopedias, and underground publications.
- Led requirements analysis effort to determine input procedures subject to FBI standards and specifications
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Performed quarterly updates and daily maintenance on billing system (VTNS), which produced billing and management reports for Confidential customers.
- Worked closely with Confidential and client/server environments in conjunction with DB2, CICS, COBOL II, MVS, IMS DB/DC, and SORT/MERG utility.
- Supported the maintenance of existing applications software.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Managed a team of thirty-five consultants to develop the Confidential Payroll and HR Systems on Confidential mainframe using CICS, COBOL II, DeBug, Sync sort, and DB2.
- Led team efforts to develop, plan, schedule, and test COBOL software applications.
- Worked extensively with end users, test groups, as well as members of technical, training, and QA teams.
- Utilized IE Methodology and Knowledge Ware’s ADW Case Toolset for analysis and design.