- Seeking a challenging and interesting role as a SQL programmer in a company where my experience and knowledge can be utilized.
- Around 5 years of experience in Database Design, Development and Maintenance as SQL Server 2005,2008R2, 2012 Database / ETL / Warehouse Developer in Windows environment.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server Integration Services 2005/2008 in the areas of complex Master/Child Packages, SSIS Transforms etc.
- Experienced in using Visual Studio Data Tools in Visual Studio 2012.
- Experienced in logical and physical database design with different data modelers using ERD, data normalization, scripts and implementation on MS SQL SERVER 2005/2008/2008R2,2012.
- Hands - on experience in creating indexed views, complex stored procedure, User Defined Functions (UDF), and effective triggers implementing different complex and critical business needs.
- Strong skills in designing relational database model and implementation as per business requirement
- Experienced in standardizing SSIS design in and across teams and establishing best practices.
- Proficient in Dimensional Modeling including Star and Snowflake Schema
- In-depth knowledge of T-SQL (DDL and DML) to perform batch processing and implement business logics into backend
- Good skills in developing strategies for extraction, transformation and loading mechanism
- Extensively used Stored Procedures, Queries and Triggers for performing ETL
- Extensively used SSIS Packages with Transformations for performing ETL on SSIS
- Experienced with Relational and Dimensional models using fact and dimension tables
- Created various types of reports such as Parameterized reports, Drill Down reports, Linked reports using SQL server Reporting Services
- Worked extensively on system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of projects and capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member
- Hands-on experience in installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server
- Involved in creating Technical Specification Documents (TSD) for the project.
- Experienced with tools such as Index Tuning Wizard, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and SQL Profiler for maintaining performance
- Highly motivated and a conceptually strong individual with exceptional analytical and design skills
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project oriented team player with good communication and leadership skills to develop creative solution for challenging client needs
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP, 2008
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008R2, 2012
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, DTS Import/Export, SQL Agents, Data Tools
ETL Tools: Integration Services, DTS (Data transformation services)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
Data Modeling: ERwin v 4.0, Visio 5.0
Development skills: Transact SQL (T-SQL).
Languages: SQL, XML, HTML, DHTML, HTTP
BI Technologies: BIDS
Confidential, Miami, FL
Business Intelligence Developer/Data Warehouse Engineer
- Worked with the financial services staff and Business analysts for requirements gathering, business analysis, testing, and metrics.
- Created database objects such as Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes and views in SQL Server 2008R2 and 2012 using Visual Studio Data tools.
- Implemented various types of SSIS Transformations in Packages including Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Conditional Split, Row Count, Derived Column etc.
- Used SQL Server Agent for creating, maintaining and scheduling jobs and packages.
- Implemented the Master - Child Package environment to minimize overhead of Package
- Created Drill down reports, parameterized reports, and linked reports to fulfill the needs of the business users using SSRS.
- Worked with business users to help gather the requirements about what data they expected to see in SSRS reports.
- Used variables and passed values of variables from a master to child package in SSIS 2012.
- Responsible for developing ETL mapping using SSIS 2008R2 and 2012.
- Responsible for the performance tuning of the stored procedures.
- Created SSIS packages for loading data between sources to operational staging targets using Star Schema, and implemented logic for Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Involved in unit testing and created test cases for the database scripting and ETL processes.
- Used SSIS Packages to extract, transform and load data from heterogeneous sources like flat files, Production SQL Servers (2005/2008R2) into SQL Server 20012 Staging Database.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2, SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, Windows XP
Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
- Analyzed and understood all data in the source databases and designed the overall data architecture and the individual data marts in the data warehouse.
- Created ETL process using SSIS for populating data store and imported backup server logs to SQL Server 2008.
- OLTP database design and implementation for tracking- leasing and rental transactions.
- Scheduled SSIS Packages using SQL Server Agent.
- Wrote Complex Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions for application development.
- Enforced the data consistency and referential integrity by applying Triggers Check Constraints and SQL Server rules.
- Created Views and Indexed Views.
- Imported/ Exported data from heterogeneous SQL Server Sources and flat files to target SQL Server by using SSIS, Bulk Insert, and BCP.
- Created Reports by using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Created Clustered and Non Clustered Indexes on tables and views to improve performance.
- Actively involved in System Performance by tuning SQL queries and stored procedures by using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard.
- Involved in database backup to support development team.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, SSRS 2008
Confidential, Los Angeles
SQL Server/ETL Developer
- Installed SQL Server Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program.
- Designed standards for database table, column, procedures and views.
- Helped database architecture to modify physical and logical data model for new add tables.
- Created complex stored procedures and functions to support efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Created databases, tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers and constraints.
- Analyzed the requirements and fine-tuned indexes and stored procedures to improve performance.
- Performed data transfer between various servers using Bulk Insert, BCP and SSIS.
- Implemented SSIS Packages for transferring data and Data Loads.
- Handled query optimization by using extensive use of Index implementation and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Used SQL Server Profiler and Activity Monitor to find badly performing queries and deadlocks.
- Tuned SQL queries using Estimated and Actual Show Plans and Execution Plans for better performance.
- Resolved various performance issues & running DBCC commands.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity checks, Database Statistics update and Re-building indexes.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation
- Created triggers on tables to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Worked on SSIS Package, SSIS Import/Export wizard for transferring data from heterogeneous sources.
- Carried out data migration (import & export - BCP) from Text to SQL Server.
- Coordinated post-implementation events such as testing.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, MS Excel, MS Access, Windows NT.