- Application developer with more than twenty two years of experience in problem - solving, leadership skills, implementation and management of complex software systems.
- Successfully managed projects on various technical platforms and in different functional domains satisfying quality procedures.
- Worked for both Development and Maintenance software projects in mainframe and client server applications.
- Successfully managed onsite-offshore model for various projects
- Insurance domain examination LOMA 280 certified with 87%
Languages: Mainframe Assembler, COBOL, PL/I, RPG, MEL, LANSA, DYL 280, SAS, JSP, ASP, HTML, VB, PowerBuilder
Software Tools: COOL 2E, IEF/CoolGen, BOB, Duckcreek Author/Express, CA7, CA11, SAR, XPediter, File-Aid,Abend-Aid, SOAPUI, Sharepoint, Unfuddle, Jira, ABInitio
Databases: DB2, IMS, Oracle, Adabas
Operating Systems: TPF, VM, MVS, AS400, AIX, UNIX
Hardware: IBM Mainframe via link, IBM PC
Domain: Credit Card, Health\Life\ Insurance, Retail, Human Resources, Media, Ecommerce, QA
Senior Technical Consultant
- Understanding of process flow of Input and Output Data elements, Data Model Overview, VCF and Non VCF Flow.
- Achieved technical understanding of the process within a very short time.
- Tasks included loading of ABInitio graphs and analyzing the data flow along with required modifications to the generated unix code. Was associated with the following work:
- Change in Lookback file processing to consider only mandatory segments defined at company levels for matching with Confidential accounting codes
- Change in webservice to validate mandatory segments defined at company level.
- Change in alias mapping file processing to handle removal and subsequent addition of accounts from alias mapping file
- New processes to read the configurable information at company level and create a lookup file for processing
- Change in smart data transaction extract to remove '|' pipe symbol from text fields as this is used as delimiter
- Change in field2 mapping for smart data extract,company Id will be preappending to VISM Key
- Was responsible for documenting work being done for the commercial lane across geography and technology.
- Then mapping it to approved Work Orders.
- Prepare report regarding a) No WO b) Work done without WO c) Resources exposed and d) Risks which cannot be mitigated.
- Customer interaction as and when required.
- Achieved successfully building of team rapport within a not so cohesive team.
- Provided technical support to team members during online production release supports across weekends.
- Achieved initiation of the process of Daily Status reporting from each team member, addressing their grievances and complimenting their good work.
Environment: JSP,.Net,,MSTR, ABInitio, MS Office, Share Point, Clear Quest
Senior Business Analyst
- Successfully achieved understanding of the existing functionalities of the bond system across web pages.
- Logged enhancement requirements as tasks for specific sprints.
- Analyzed and documented these tasks for identification of the impacted functionality and the pages and assigned accordingly to developers.
- Prepared test cases and test logs with screen shots across browser versions to test the requirements in modified code. The final code build was passed over for deployment to testing server for acceptance testing.
- Supported production releases outside normal hours.
Environment: JSP,.Net,,C#, Cognos, Jira, Sharepoint
Senior Business Analyst
- Performed business analysis for the reports to be generated using Crystal Reports,
- Documented changes to SRS (System Requirement Specifications) after analysis.
- Conducted review meetings with client and team.
- Documented report design and use cases including sample screenshots and data descriptions.
- Identified and documented existing system defects for resolution.
- Documented test cases and test logs for testing of enhancement features for manual test included in phase 1 deliverables.
- Recorded defects in ALM with screen shots for better understanding.
- Communicated the defects to responsible developer for faster correction and closure.
Environment: DB2, Crystal Reports, JSP
- Performed analysis, coding and testing of Identify Member Web Service.
- Achieved successfully transmitting high volume of optional multi member data from web to mainframe cobol programs, splitting into single member data and processing the required logic, sending back the response based on the candidate, accumulating all responses before sending the resultant response.
- Identify Member Service was broken down into WOR, AOR and MED programs to cater to the multi applicant scenario. Multiple applications were received but were validated and broken down in AOR as single applicant and processed in the MED program. Was responsible for coding all these Cobol-CICS-DB2 programs. There were also enhancements for the existing programs called by the MED program. These enhancements were shared with the stakeholders for the existing programs before any modification was done. While generating the output the MED program would pass the result to the AOR which will accumulate all results for all members and pass off to WOR program for returning to the websphere.
- Installed SOAPUI for testing. Built test data after extracting the relevant mandatory fields from code analysis.
Environment: IBM Personal Computer 300GL, Lan Server, Mainframe, Cobol, JCL, DB2, CICS, Change man, Xpediter, File-Aid, Spufi, File-Aid, Changeman, ALM, SOAPUI, WSDL, SharePoint, Unfuddle
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Technical Lead / Sr Programmer Analyst
- As a technical lead performed progressively responsible work in systems analysis, design, development, testing and technical support duties in connection with relevant software application.
- Successfully achieved assembler knowledge sharing with Cobol team members and helped develop the assembler talent pool
- Shared assembler experience in analyzing TLT using mainframe Assembler,
- Generate requirements in Requisite-Pro,
- Design the functionalities of the replacement RTC system,
- Differentiated them to match the new architecture of Transaction Interface, Transaction Controller, Data Controller with data rules or event rules, Business Rules, Response formatter rules, Presentation rules.
- Develop and test new COBOL-CICS system
- Performed unit testing for corresponding functionalities. The unit tested codes were migrated to testing region for test team. Supported migration efforts across regions and defect resolution as and when required across project. Was also responsible to interact with front end ETL to Java development team for the web based transactions that interacted with backend.
- Was responsible for assigning and monitoring tasks for team with regular status updates to management.
- Conduct client and team reviews and share expectations in team interactions.
Environment: IBM Personal Computer 300GL, Lan Server, Mainframe, Assembler, Cobol, JCL, DB2, CICS, Endeavor, Xpediter, Abend-Aid, File-Aid, Requisite Pro, File-Aid, HP ALM,HP QC, Req-Pro
Confidential, Addison, TX
- Design, code and test requirements as per Project objectives in mainframe.
- Work included coding and testing DB2 Stored Procs along with COBOL-CICS-DB2 codes and Assembler-DB2-CICS codes, BMS maps and JCLs.
- Work included monitoring of data transmission jobs using NDM, FTP and MQs and resolving performance issues by changing SQLs.
- Test the code changes using xpediter in several environments for Europe and North-America. Generate migration requests, create, monitor and resolve defects through Mercury Quality Centre. Provide on-call support as per team schedule.
Environment: IBM Personal Computer 300GL, Lan Server, Mainframe, MS-Office, VB, Assembler, Cobol, JCL, DB2, CICS, Endeavor, Xpediter, Abend-Aid, File-Aid, SAR, CA-7
Confidential, Utica, NY
Onsite Project Leader
- Coordinate the activities of all team members. Document status reports and facilitate status meetings with users, team members and management. Ensure timely delivery of quality objects.
- The technical tasks included requirements gathering and conversion into technical specs for development and testing of the system in dual shore model.
- The new surety bonds application that will replace existing outdated DBASE application (ER system) and to provide information exchange with the external systems (D&B and Choice Point) that Surety Bonds System currently uses to complete the transactions.
- Moreover, the new system was required to integrate the new surety bonds system with the OnBase document management system.
Environment: IBM Personal Computer 300GL, Lan Server, Link, Duck Creek Author and Express ver2.1, MS-Office, ODBC, Duck Creek Technologies,