- Financial Services and operations manager with expertise planning, designing, and executing transformational initiatives that address strategic, organizational, operational, and technology challenges
- Team leader and project manager with experience budgeting, forecasting, reporting, financial modeling, strategic planning, establishing and implementing internal controls, streamlining operations and developing policies and procedures
- Project leadership across remediation programs, controls design, process redesign, technology design, requirements definition, and quality control
- Demonstrated an ability to clearly communicate and build consensus across all levels of an organization and between lines of business.
- Managed internal and external resources directly and through matrix management.
- End - to-end project management, identifying strategic issues and new business opportunities, developing & delivering steering committee presentations, facilitating project working sessions, identifying & evaluating tactical & strategic options, developing work plans, assessing internal and external capabilities, developing & delivering, and developing & managing cross-functional teams. Bilingual -Spanish/English
- Project Management
- Process Re-engineering
- Business Analysis
- Front to Back Assessment
- Requirements Definition
- Retirement Products & Services
- Leading medium to long - range strategic projects spanning across the organization; scope included high dollar and high-risk, external vendors, multiple business units, multiple initiative leads and sub-projects with specific deliverables.
- Directed the development of business cases and resource models, and managed program activities to ensure that goals and objectives of projects were accomplished within prescribed timeframes and funding parameters.
- Establish and administer effective project management methodologies and processes across the organization by providing project leadership, governance and steering committee reporting for Senior Business Leaders
- Lead cross-functional resources to assess end-to-end processes and controls, identify gaps and make actionable recommendations as well as to execute consistent methodologies, employ consistent practices across resource planning, business analysis and project management and ensure that cross-functional teams have a clear understanding of objectives and deliverables
- Champion efforts across the organization to ensure quality and timely delivery management and that all the activities necessary to design, develop and implement a product or service are effective and efficient
- Conduct work-flow analysis, capacity re-engineering across all product lines, developed workflow, policies and procedures
Conversion Program Lead
- Co-led a team of more than 20 internal and external resources focused on the remediation of participant (client) transactions and the Confidential record keeping platform.
- Determined root cause on a portfolio in excess of $20B and implemented short- and long-term systemic, process and oriented prevention measures.
- Relevant analysis, status and progress reporting provided to senior management.
- Provided program management oversight and business support pre- and post- conversion. My experience encompasses all plan types and transactions with emphasis on corrective activity (including root cause analysis and recommendations). Identified and reconciled 401k errors in contribution work flow, over 800 processing errors were identified and remediated
- Demonstrated understanding the dynamics and impact of financial activity on underlying investments and the importance of mitigating risk and supporting external and internal audit functions and reporting requirements
- Proven abilities in reducing administrative and functional costs through leveraging process and the Confidential record keeping system and ancillaries
- Led external resources to develop detailed documentation, workflow, metrics and recommendations support current and future operating needs
Actuary Team Lead
- Led 2 teams of 7 providing guidance to staff on the treatment of complex financial transactions to ensure proper identification and treatment.
- Assisting in developing and adjusting department procedures and systems enhancements.
- Coaching and developing staff including formal objective setting, performance reviews and providing ongoing and regular feedback.
- Directed preparation of routine and ad-hoc management reports for internal and external distribution
- Liaised with banking partners to maintain an effective operation
- Resolved a wide-range of complex business issues by applying judgment as well as business, operational and technical knowledge
- Developed and delivered yearly assessments and development plans to staff
Senior Actuarial Specialist
- Developed a detailed understanding of the Confidential products, investments, liability profiles, business strategies, and modeled financial metrics.
- Compiled data and built and maintained asset-liability models and developed and implemented controls
- Set up and performed asset-liability projections, and organized results for analysis
- Calculated Benefit Payment, Settlement Amounts, and Account balances
- Completed payment and settlement warrants, prepared accounting ledger entries and updates systems on the DA (Deferred Annuity) master files