- Expertise in Big Data Architecture
- 2+ years Big Data experience (Hadoop ecosystem, NoSQL databases)
- 2+ years public cloud experience (AWS) including 1 year in Container Architecture utilizing Docker
- 5+ years in web technologies (HTML5, JS Frameworks, Java, C#/.Net)
- 14 years application and data architecture experience (Java, C#, Oracle, Exadata, SQL Server)
- Good familiarity with BI tools (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), BusinessObjects, and Informatica
- Extensive experience with POCs
- Visionary, high impact IT professional with specialty expertise in financial settings with a proven track record of successes in leading global technology teams through transitioning and embracing innovative technologies to succeed as a business.
- Extensive IT leadership experience, driving increased levels of productivity, profits and internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Recognized as a technology evangelist and change agent, while building collaborative cross - functional teams.
- Highly technical with an excellent understanding of financial markets and products including Risk, Credit Ratings, Data and Analytics related technology investments, and dependencies. Emphasize business development through innovation and IT alignment with business goals.
- Agile Software Development
- Cloud Enablement
- Scalable & Reliable Large-Scale Deployments
- Data and Information Architecture, Data Classification
- Strategic and Business Planning
- Process Improvements & Best Practices
- Enterprise & Solutions Architecture
- Project, Budget & Cost Management
- Mobile Technologies
- Change & Risk Management
- Data Center Strategy
- Onshore / Offshore Models
- Information Security
- JS - HTML5, CSS, ES6, ExtJS, AngularJS iOS Dev, Swift, Objective-C
- Java, J2EE, C#, .Net
- RDBMS - Oracle, SQL Server, Exadata, MySQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- ElasticSearch, Solr
- BI and Data Visualization (Spotfire, Tableau)
- Real-Time (Kaazing websocket)
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra)
- Hadoop and Big Data
- Cloud Architecture (AWS, EC2, Docker)
- DB Virtualization (Delphix)
- Information Architecture
- Messaging (Sonic & Tibco EMS)
- Tibco DataSynapse
- IBM Sterling Integrator
Confidential, New York, NY
VP - Architect
- Established a Cloud strategy and extensively drove cloud adoption by internal and increasing awareness.
- Migrated three major platforms into multiple regions of Amazon Cloud providing faster time-to-market for new features, higher performance in the regions and providing savings of several million dollars a year.
- Inherited outdated failing web product platforms with high customer attrition rate. Took the challenging task of transforming to modern technology stack resulting into substantial increase in platform availability, responsiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Partnering with business units, initiated and successfully led architecture of the consolidation of 30+ business products and solutions onto enterprise-wide platforms, substantially reducing costs and complexity. This consolidation enabled the creation of integrated products and also cross-selling opportunities.
- Led the migration of very large real-time offering from 3rd party to in-house real-time capabilities, eliminating substantial subscription and contracting cost. This also enabled rapid creation of new features and functionalities, including the addition of new market data points from exchanges.
- Established an enterprise-wide architectural roadmap and blueprint for the division, enabling streamlined web product development with faster time-to-market.
- Established a mobile product development strategy and roadmap while creating highly interactive mobile products and solutions, resulting in many fold increase in adoption by customers.
- Developed an architecture strategy with a focus on Interactive Visualization, Business Intelligence, Micro-Services, Content Search, Grid Computing, and Cloud Computing & Apps for Portable Devices.
- Established UI framework to enhance the user experience across the web and mobile product offerings. The migration to the HTML5 based framework is in progress.
- Responsible for establishing architecture practice and delivering architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency in line with business strategy.
- Partner with business stakeholders to develop and implement architectural programs in collaboration with development teams and senior technologists.
- As a founding member established an architecture practice in the organization.
- Established a foundation for Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) approach enabling development of platforms hosting 300+ reusable services. Achieving agility in new product development with 10-40% reduction in development work, achieving cost savings of more than $32M within 4 years and eliminated functional and data inconsistencies among product offerings.
- Introduced, embraced and evangelized new technologies as an enabler of new business ideas to create innovative products and services, including a Content Management System, User Interface Technology, Portal Technology, Workflow Systems, Reporting Systems, Data Exchange and Integration Services.
- Established a Grid Computing Platform for cost-effective high-speed computation with financial analytic models, drastically reducing calculations time from 8+ hours to less than 15 minutes.
Senior Director / Director
- Accountable for implementation of credit rating web product to monetize credit rating information.
- Design and build modern web platform to serve dynamic content well ahead of the competition.
- Lead and implement workflow systems for credit rating processes.
- Accountable for building and maintaining an editorial platform for credit ratings analysts and editorial staff.
- Manage transition from client-server to web architecture
- Led the development of the first web product, Credit Rating Portal (RatingsDirect and Global Credit Portal), for the organization. Rich functionality, modern user interface made it a huge commercial success with exponential growth in the product revenue.
- Led very large and complex project to automate editorial workflow, to enable seamless collaboration between the editorial team and credit rating analysts. Friendly interface and ease-of-use enabled wide adoption by editorial staff and rating analysts.
- Built a content management system, which was eventually rolled out to entire Credit Rating division.
- Greatly influenced the transition and adoption of web technologies from client-server architecture for the entire organization, while managing a team of 25-30 developers
- Directed strategic planning and development of enterprise-wide IT architecture strategies in areas, including Java/J2EE, Enterprise Content Management, Analytics, and Reporting.
- Developed a highly scalable, high-performance data distribution platform for Credit rating information dissemination and on-boarded 18+ products on it.
- Led Technology Advisory Group (TAG), a group of technologists representing business areas, responsible for evaluating and establishing technology standards