Extensive non - profit management experience with a focus in community economic development. My primary roles and responsibilities included managing and operating business, workforce, and youth development departments. Comfortable with managing people and multiple programs. I possess strong community and public relations skills; excellent oral and written skills; strategic planner with exceptional analytical and reasoning skills; motivated, organized and dedicated with a positive attitude. Ability to work with government agencies and officials (City, State, Federal) in a diplomatic and professional manner. Have fund raising and proposal writing experience.
Computer & Software Literate (All Microsoft Software Applications)
- Experience with managing a Business Development Center designed for novice and emerging small businesses
- Experience in consulting small, mid-size, and future business owners with business development activities which includes: financing, marketing, contracting, counseling, review of financial statements, and business structures
- Experienced in conducting presentations and entrepreneurial workshop
- Experienced in providing technical assistance and client assessment to profile clients for PA MBEC and governmental 8A program
- Planned and coordinated marketing and advertisement programs for businesses owner, CDC’s and business associations throughout 44 city-wide commercial corridors,
- Created and maintained small business resource bank.
- Experience in researching and analyzing local and regional demographics and statistical data;
- Experience in developing, and implementing community related activities, events and projects
- Experienced in managing multiple contracts (private, city, state, federal)
- Experience in developing issue-based programs and organizational plans which have include: community and school-based mentoring programs, workforce development programs for dislocated workers, youth, ex-offenders and other special need populations
- Experience in providing consumer case management; services to families in their own home, cross system progress plans; managing employment and resource case management system
- Experience with job development and placement for dislocated workers, TANF, youth, and veterans population
- Experience in providing and seminar instruction consisting of job-readiness, life-skills, parenting, entrepreneurship and environmental for specialized populations including: TANF recipients, homeless individuals, public housing resident, veterans, and “at risk youth”.
- Experienced in developing energy-efficient environmental programs for disadvantaged micro businesses and low-income residents
- Experienced in developing marketing and outreach campaigns for environmental, political, entrepreneurial, youth and workforce development programs
- Strategically planned and lead fund raising activities for programs and projects.
- Managed the daily operations and supervised the project staff.
- Proposal/Grant writing
- Secured over $4.3mil in funding to operate and sustain programs.
- Raised more than $2mil in project related funds
- Conducted Donor Solicitation
- Organized and implemented donor information sessions
- Designed and executed capital campaign for a consortium of non-profit agencies
ConfidentialPresident and CEO
- Experienced in monitoring and evaluating city government, minority owned firms, grassroots and large community based non-profits
- Assist with formulating strategies to improve program and program procedures
- Conduct on-site and off-site review of client and program records to verify eligibility, compliance, and effectiveness of delivery of services
- Experienced in providing technical assistance and to promote effective contract performance