Seasoned and results oriented Senior Data Architect with 17 years of information technology experience and 9 years data architecture experience. Extensive experience working with stakeholders to deliver performant, scalable and highly available transactional, operational store and data warehousing solutions. Passionate about delivering business intelligence, data storage and retrieval architectures consistent with organizational goals and objectives.
Databases: AWS RDS Oracle 11g, MongoDB, Neo4j, Cassandra, Oracle 8i - 11g, IBM DB2 UDB v7.1/8.1, HP Nonstop SQLMP and SQLMX, Teradata v12, MYSQL v5.3
Tools:, Technologies: Jaspersoft, Talend, Teradata Mload, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle XML/Object Relational, Cognos BI Tools, Sybase PowerDesigner, Embarcadero ErStudio, Eclipse, Oracle JDeveloper, DataStage, Oracle Goldengate, Microsoft SQL SSIS, Java, Oracle Forms(4.5/5.0/6i), Oracle and IBM Websphere Application Server, Mercury Interactive Load Runner, Liquibase, Business Objects Data Integrator
Operating Systems: MS Windows, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, Linux Redhat, HP UX, HP-Nonstop
Senior Data Architect
Environment: Actuate/Birt, Microsoft SSIS/ SSRS, Amazon RDS Oracle 11g, Jaspersoft BI/ETL, Talend Data Integration, Solarwinds DPA, Chef Scripts
- Building EDW for educational research and development. Taking lessons learned from the data and improving students educational experience
- Architected Change Data Capture solution using Jaspersoft ETL and Amazon Web Services RDS Oracle Databases
- Architected, planned and implemented the migration of Business Intelligence solution from BIRT, SSIS and SSRS to Jaspersoft and Talend
- Optimized by simplifying operational data marts into single source of truth and significantly improved dashboard performance
- 24X7 AWS RDS Database and EC2 BI Tool support, maintenance and backup/recovery
- Consolidated Business Intelligence Tools and Databases into a centralized model
- Application and Database performance analysis and troubleshooting
- Develop ETL jobs that interface with Salesforce, SOA APIs, and Source Databases
- Develop Data Quality database procedures to quarantine, report and alert on data quality issues
- Lead and mentor 9 member international development organization
- Develop inspiring and motivational incentives to full engage resources
- Conduct vendor evaluations to align the business intelligence tools and database technologies with corporate vision and customer use patterns
- Orchestrated the migration and consolidation of Business Intelligence platforms from Microsoft SSRS, Acutate/BIRT to Jaspersoft Server and ETL
- Designed and provided architectural oversight delivering near real-time operational analytics using Jaspersoft Business Intelligence tools
- Architectural oversight and governance enforcing data quality
- Conducting database vendor and technology evaluation to ensure sustained application performance, reliability, availability, and scalability
Senior Data Architect
Environment: MongoDB, Neo4j, Cassandra, Oracle RDBMS 11g, PL/SQL, Spring Frameworks, Java, Liquibase, ERWin, JBoss Drools
- Implemented and conducted proof of concept research spikes to evaluate three different NoSql Database technologies (MongoDb, Cassandra, Neo4J). Research spikes validated database technologies against the 7 - iliites of architecture.
- Shortlisted and produced documentation regarding BI Tool vendor recommendation to executive leadership team
- Instrumented a proof of concept evaluating three different ORM strategies ( HQ ORM, Spring JDBC Template, JPA) to determine the most qualified data retrieval and storage strategy
- Evaluated and qualified Spring frameworks during research and development spikes to determine best practice and applicability of adoption into new product architecture.
- Developed Lab, Microbiology, Diagnosis and Allergy HL7 interfaces evaluating HAPI HL7 API and Spring framework
- Took initiative and secured $300K hardware and software funding to startup and expand performance lab
- Created Erwin Enterprise Physical data model for 700+ tables and views
Database Development Team/Senior Database Developer
Environment: Oracle RDBMS 11g, PL/SQL, Liquibase
- Consulted with Enterprise Architecture team regarding database design decisions
- Database performance analysis and tuning resulted in zero performance related issues in production post-release
- Provided transactional and operational data store design recommendations to customer for implementation as final deliverable
- Completely automated the Extract, Transform and Load processes used to generate test data in development and QA environments
- Worked on multiple Agile development teams to enforce sound database architecture principles and standards
Sr. Data Architect
Environment: Oracle RDBMS 11g, PL/SQL, Cognos BI Tools, DataStage, ERstudio
- Developed IBM Datastage ETL processes moving 4 billion records from 8 difference source systems in just under 8 hours in live production system.
- Created a 10 day episode of care respiratory surveillance monitoring and reporting procedure transforming traditional encounter based visits.
- Transformed Lab and Microbiology data reporting Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Direct Flourescent Antibody (DFA), Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA) lab tests for respiratory surveillance.
- Defined ICD9 Dx and CPT codes, lab kits that define gestational age of infant for an early termination pregnancy research grant.
Environment: Oracle RDBMS 11g, PL/SQL, Teradata v12, SQL Server 2005, MYSQL v5.3, Eclipse, JDBC, SQL Loader
- Improved ETL process elapsed time by 400% using partitioning techniques and bulk processing.
- Reduced Extract elapsed times by 50% modifying JDBC code introducing native database performance enhancements.
- Benchmarked and analyzed performance on 2.1 billion row Teradata table identifying areas for improvement.
- Discussed operational data store use cases with report developers identifying improvements and working to integrate into the Confidential product.
Sr. Data Architect
Environment: Oracle RDBMS 10/11g, PL/SQL, Cognos BI, Goldengate TDM, Microsoft SSISHP Nonstop SQL/MP, Enscribe, Oracle RDBMS 9i, 10g, PL/SQL, Sybase Powerdesigner
- Instrumental in driving change to the current Object Relation Model infrastructure
- Architected query solution improving query performance and efficiency by 200% using Oracle Object Relational Database Objects
- Developed Architecture for dynamic downstream real-time Operational Data Store and near real-time Enterprise Data Warehouse replication.
- Solved complex data transformation issues by working closely with development teams in Bangalore, India, Salt Lake City, Utah and various US locations
- Created Cognos frameworks that exceeded reporting performance requirements delivering critical, real-time Emergency Department operational data
- Troubleshoot database and application issues providing close support ensuring the least amount of development downtime
- Critical team member assisting Confidential with design and creation of Java Data Objects and Data Access Objects for application persistence layer
- Delivered quality performance query measures for Oracle XML XQuery and traditional Relational Queries Querying large volumes of clinical data
- Translated business requirements submitted via clinical and logical data models into physical data models
- Installed, configured and proactively managed Linux Blade Center containing Oracle 10g databases attached to EMC Storage Area Network ensuring minimum development downtime
- Developed, Instrumented and Maintained RMAN backup and recovery plan guaranteeing reliable recovery operations
Sr. Database Analyst
Environment: Oracle RDBMS 8i/9i/10g, PL/SQL, HP Loadrunner
- Recipient of the 2005 Innovation Team Award
- Worked closely with development teams to increased Medical Claim Batch Processing throughput by 300%
- Oracle RDBMS performance analysis using statspack, 10046 and 10053 kernel tracing to identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies
- Analyze, setup and debug numerous Medical software applications identifying performance bottlenecks. Report and present recommendations to the development teams
- Work with development and QA teams to assist in automating the database creation and startup using create control file statements and cold backups
- Project lead managing project timelines and customer expectations
Senior Oracle/DB2 Database Administrator
Environment: Oracle RDBMS 8i/9i, Oracle 8iAS/9iAS/10g Application Server, PL/SQL, IBM DB2 v7.1/8.1, IBM Websphere 4.0/5.0
- Oracle and IBM DB2 database7X24 support for internal product Development Teams, Offshore Development, Tomax data centers and external customer’s remote database administration.
- Oracle 9iAS Release 1&2/10g Application Server Installation, Configuration and Administration on Windows, Sun Solaris, IBM Aix, Linux AS and HP/UX.
- Monitored Development, Lab and Production database performance using Oracle Stats Pack, V$ Oracle 9i performance views and SGA dumps. Perform Explain plans on top offending SQL statements and provide recommendations.
- Performed Oracle and IBM Database and Application Server patch upgrades.
- Developed PL/SQL Maintenance and Performance monitoring package automating DBA maintenance, sending critical and non-critical alerts and reports via SMTP.
- Provided hardware sizing and cost base recommendations for Tomax and external Customers.
- Implemented and managed the Tomax DBA training program.
Environment: Oracle v7.3.4, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms 4.5/6i
- Managed international Oracle application development team located in England and Australia.
- Delivered Oracle forms 4.5/6i development, analysis, maintenance, and enhancements for the LDS Church owned Global finance receipting, reporting, and banking system.
- Analyzed Software development processes and implemented CMM level III business process engineering methodologies.
- Ensured that the applications met the business needs, security, and acceptable user latencies for the organization.
- Analyzed the global communication network to ensure the reliability and security of the financial data transmissions.