- Executive - level IT innovator offering 20+ years of corporate success, primarily in the heavily-regulated financial sector. Reputation for defining strategy and building IT infrastructure that supported, scaled, and evolved to suit the business’ capacity, growth, and risk objectives. Visionary, deeply experienced orchestrating ground-up, state-of-the-art infrastructure initiatives from planning, to design, to implementation.
- Well-versed in all aspects of infrastructure, from midrange, mainframe, network, information security and data centers. Sharp eye for evaluating emerging technology and defining how to leverage it to advance the organization.
- Trusted partner with peers on the executive team, who doesn’t merely drive IT projects in a silo, but articulates business case, financials, and ROI, to influence the key stakeholders.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- IT Infrastructure Strategy & Development
- IT Systems Management
- Data Center Infrastructure
- Trading Floor Modifications
- Trading Floor System Implementation
- Privacy & Security
- Scalability & Capacity Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Technology Policy & Standards
- Vendor & Service Management
- Strategic Partner Alliances
- Regulatory Compliance
- Performance Optimization
- Staff Recruitment & Leadership
Managing Director, CTO
- Instrumentally contributed to the launch of this firm, strategically guided the establishment of the technology infrastructure, and provided ongoing infrastructure management.
- Planned, designed and installed datacenter operations configuration and management of DHCP, WINS, Exchange email, SQL, SAN, VMWare and other services. Saved over $100K startup expense by installing VoIP PBX systems in CT and CA offices.
- Designed, installed and maintained Cisco multi-site LAN/WAN environment using BGP, OSPF, VLAN, EIGRP. Designed and setup all VPN services including Cisco PIX.
- Design, configuration, and troubleshooting of internal and external DNS.
- Managed datacenter infrastructure availability and stability and identified and escalated service issues to ensure continuous systems availability and improve business intelligence.
- Designed and installed upgrade from Microsoft Windows Server 2000 and Microsoft Exchange 2000 environment to Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Exchange 2003
- Managed datacenter operations infrastructure including data warehouse to fulfill business needs through ongoing maintenance and support.
- Designed and implemented new 80,000 sq. ft. facility on three floors with 141 trading seats, data center including Cisco routers, switches and firewalls and complete battery backup facility and 750 KVA generator.
- Set up wiring plan for entire facility which included second point of entry for new Sonnet Fiber ring, wireless access points for mobile laptop users and BDA for RIM devices.
- Implemented various transactional trading systems and support including NASDAQ, NASDAQ Tools, BRASS, BRUT UMA, Instinet, Archipelago, Bridge TRIAD, C-Scape GRIDLOCK, IPC.
- Assisted network integration of firms after acquisitions including data warehouse.
- Completed move and enabled firm to continue business in new Connecticut facility three weeks after 9/11, implemented disaster recovery plans and devised creative ways of restoring business critical services
- Setup, installed and managed audio and video conferencing installations at all locations.
Principal & Chief Information OfficeR
- Recruited as this organization’s 1st technology specialist, and provided key technology leadership as the business expanded from 85 to nearly 400 users.
- Designed, installed and maintained Cisco multi-site LAN/WAN environment. This included selected routers, switches and firewalls and Level III support
- Rebuilt Trading Floor for accommodating over 50 traders. Designed and built voice and data room, and implemented new voice and data cabling plan for entire firm. Moved all second floor facilities to new first floor facilities, and converted all voice and data circuits from copper to fiber on new Fiber Sonnet Ring.
- Implemented redundant systems including Battery Backup System (UPS) with 150 KVA generator. Redesigned and implemented combined TCP/IP based backbone, merging several networks into one backbone under NT Server 4.0 domain including migration from Macintosh to Windows NT clients.
- Administered over 300 voice and data circuits. Negotiated with all vendors (hardware, software and telephone) and saved the company over 50 percent on all of these expenses.
- Hired, trained and managed staff to support all datacenter operations and improved business intelligence.