- Committed scientific manager and business professional who partners with top executives to enhance the market presence of core products and contribute to growth and innovation
- Over 15 years of experience in science - based product development, R&D, clinical and scientific evaluation and claim substantiation, project management, technical leadership, and marketing and regulatory support with academia as well as dietary supplement and food industries
- Expertise in nutrition, functional ingredients and foods, dietary and nutritional supplements, herbs and natural products, and clinical trials and statistical analysis
- Demonstrated ability to integrate scientific knowledge to innovative product ideas to achieve business goals, and to contribute to the business growth
- Led scientific and nutrition strategy, and has record of success in managing multiple projects and priorities
Senior Principal Scientist
- Provided leadership in planning and executing nutrition, health and wellness, and communication strategies to create scientific innovative solutions and sustainable business growth opportunities.
- Established an H&W program, initialized 6 bioactive extract projects; helped commercialization .
- Provided scientific and clinical expertise for evaluating product concepts, and assessing new ingredient functionality, efficacy, safety and scientific validity; executed plan for health-related and value-added product development and potential health claims.
- Built a team and established a molecular biology laboratory; managed the laboratory and clinical studies on bioactive ingredients and polyphenols; provided technical support to McCormick Science Institute-sponsored clinical studies and projects.
- Developed fair balanced, evidence-based scientific information and documents to both internal and external customers/partners to support their business needs (created >20 monographs); also published 3 research papers in peer-reviewed journals, and made 5 presentations at scientific meetings.
- Monitored and translated nutrition trends; interacted and communicated with external top researchers and key thought leaders as well as external scientific community to support business needs.
- Made presentations to major foods companies in the US (e.g., PepsiCo, Kraft, Kellogg, Nestle, Campbell Soups, and Starbucks etc.) and established collaborative research initiatives and business opportunity
- Provided scientific and clinical input on numerous product concepts and opportunities in terms of efficacy, safety and claims, and evaluated the usefulness of new technologies to the business objectives.
- Directed/managed internal Clinical Research Department (consisting of MDs, nurses) and managed external research groups in academia and contract organizations; and designed and implemented clinical trials to substantiate the safety and efficacy of products, and potential health claims.
- Developed internal white papers based on a sound scientific rationale for product formulations, efficacy and safety, claims and marketing messaging; and helped regulatory submissions and influenced the Company’s marketing position on products.
- Served as a Scientific Editor for the company’s monthly H&W magazine that discusses health research and the use of dietary supplement (LE Publications, Inc. ).
- Provided scientific and clinical leadership and accountable for clinical program designed to obtain registration and market access, to develop product positioning and to optimize the brand value.
- Provided guidance, scientific leadership and technical support to the development and formulation of 5 new product lines and re-formulation of 3 existing products.
- Substantiated claims, usages, safety and efficacy of over 20 products in global markets, and helped valuate proprietary and/or patented products.
- Developed and implemented clinical safety policies and procedures, and post-marketing surveillance program and formulated plans of action for handling the incident and urgent issues.
- Managed external research groups in academia and contract organizations; initiated, designed, and managed 4 clinical studies and research related to products, comprising a $1 M budget.