- A business continuity professional with over twenty years’ experience in business continuity, disaster recovery planning, incident management team and senior - level administration.
- Industry experience includes insurance, finance, IT, human resources, administration, and facilities management.
- Excellent project management and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to lead and chair meetings with outstanding presentation skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Works well with all levels within an organization and has proven success providing exceptional customer service to management & stakeholders alike.
- Responsible for all local business continuity & disaster recovery planning
- Conducted yearly scenario cell & desk top with Tier 1 Incident Management Teams in Chicago, Nashville & New York
- Completed annual risk assessments
- Responsible for implementation of the Everbridge Mass Notification System
- Managed the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) process
- Conducted annual testing at Confidential facilities to ensure Colleagues could undertake key business activities
- Provided guidance and protocol for Pandemic & Special Events Planning with a BC Consideration
- Provided travel guidance; created an executive travel policy
- Implemented Cobalt (business continuity planning software), used to manage BIA data, BC plans and used to support validation testing
- Engaged technology teams to ensure business users had an appropriate understanding of the RTO for the systems they rely on
- Created digital programming for our stakeholders on topics including MNS, hurricane season, natural disasters, political unrest, etc.
- Provided project management support & development of programs
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
Business Continuity Manager
- Incorporated ‘Hostile Intruder Prevention & Response Plan’ in BCP documents for all Tier 1 offices.
- Minimized business disruption during crisis incidents by fully participating in crisis management team meetings/calls, supporting local leadership, and implementing communication strategies targeted at specific stakeholder groups.
- Implemented new mass notification system rolled out to offices in 3Q 2016.
- Conducted yearly incident with Tier 1 Incident Management Team ( Confidential ) members in NA, India & UK to enhance teamwork, confirm roles & responsibilities, explore information handling challenges, and build confidence in the Confidential ’s capabilities.
- Collaborated with client/prospects on Confidential BC approach designed to minimize disruptions to operations and the provision of services to clients.
- Conducted physical security risk assessment & implemented specific policies involving:
- Workplace Violence Prevention (includes weapons in the workplace)
- Hostile Intruder/Active Shooter Security Guidance
- Protecting Property in the Office
- Assisted Real Estate & Facilities in office site selection using the CAP Index Crimecast Model tool to identify risk of personal and property crimes at locations in the US
- Acted to address risk where necessary at selected sites.
- Developed sources of intelligence and tools used to identify risk that may affected Confidential and its property and colleagues including:
- Specific city based intelligence
- Travel alert intelligence (HRG Travel Alert intelligence & International SOS Travel Security intelligence)
- Geographic Information System (ArcGIS ESRI) intelligence
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
Chief Administrative Officer, Senior Vice President
- Business Continuity Manager for Michigan offices - updated BCP documents and conducted validation testing to ensure plans were ‘fit for purpose’
- Managed the day-to-day operations of the Michigan offices, reporting directly to CEO.
- Supervised administrative and client manager staff.
- Identified and recruited insurance candidates (sales, client service support & admin roles).
- Implemented mentoring program with Ferris State University to introduce students to the insurance brokerage environment.
- Conducted performance management coaching sessions with supervisors and yearly appraisal process. Terminated staff due to performance issues and workforce reduction initiatives.
- Maintained sales database software to track prospects through life cycle.