- Results - driven IT executive and hands-on leader offering a strong balance between business savvy and technical capabilities.
- Possess a proven track record of 24+ years of experience leveraging technology to drive the advanced performance and profitability of diverse private, public and government organizations.
- Oversee all aspects of IT project lifecycles to effectively align technical resources with corporate goals and financial objectives.
- Capitalize on superior communication and problem solving skills to identify organizational technology needs and requirements as well as to resolve system issues and deficiencies.
- Lead the development of cutting-edge IT infrastructures, systems and platforms that streamline operations and optimize business processes while minimizing overhead costs.
- Build and spearhead top-performing technology teams and organizations, providing the training, guidance and support needed to meet and exceed both client and business expectations.
HARDWARE: HP 9000 A, D, K, L & N Systems; IBM RS6000, I-Series Servers, Confidential Storage Systems, AS/ 400 200 2031 & 620-2175; DEC VAX 11/780 & 2100’s; SUN Sparc 10, 20 280R & V880 Servers; EMC CX300 & CX400; Auspex NS3010, NS3000 & NS2000; Pentium Based Servers by Dell, Compaq, HP, IBM etc.; Cisco 7206 Routers and 2900, 3500, 4500 and 9000 Series Switches, 4400 Series Wireless LAN Controllers, Aironet 1240AG Series
SOFTWARE: Oracle Golden Gate, Infor (BaaN), GXS Trusted Link Enterprise, Autodesk PLM & CAD, Seimens NX & NX Design, Veritas NetBackup & BackupExec, Legato Networker & Replistor, NIS Double Take, ImageRight Document Management, Intraspect c-Business Suit, Vignette, Jigsaw, TomCat, WEB Trends Reporting, Conclave VPN, SSH Sentinel VPN, OPEN Reach VPN, Microsoft ISA Server, SAP R/3 & R/2, Oracle System Manager, Oracle J-Developer, Oracle Designer, BEA WEB Logic, Mercury Interactive Test Suite, Data Works Classic, Concord Business Systems, SBT Pro 3.0, Macola 6.x, MS-Office 97, 2000 & 2007, MS-Exchange 2000, 2003 & 2007, MS-Explorer, Netscape, IBM Client Access, Query 400, Office Vision, NGS IQ Query, Deskworks
O/S ystems: Linux; AIX 4.3 - 7.1; SUN Q-View & Solaris Version 8; HP-UX 10.X & 11.X; VMS; OpenVMS; PC/DOS; MS/DOS; OS/ 400 3.0.5-4.1 ; NetWare 2.2, 3.12, 4.3 & 5.1; NT Server 3.5, 4.0, 2000 & 2003; Windows 3.1; WFW; Win95; NT Work Station; Windows XP
LANGUAGES: RPG400, COBOL, FORTRAN 77, C, C++, Pearl, VB, VB 4.0, 5.0 & 6.0, XML, DHTML, HTML, Java, SQL & SQLPlus Scripting
DATABASES: DB2; Oracle 7.2, 7.3, 8I, 9I, 10, 11g; Microsoft SQL 2000, 7.x and 6.x Visual FoxPro; dBase; FoxPro 2.5 & 2.6; Clipper; Access; Objectivity
- Designed and managed the implementation of Oracle Golden Gate data replication to build a real-time failover environment for the Oracle 11x Databases supporting the Infor (BaaN) ERP and Data Warehouse environments.
- Lead the effort to establish the data archiving process for the Infor (BaaN) ERP system to include all 3rd Party solutions with integrated data sets and insured SOX, ISO and TS audit compliance.
- Designed and managed the migration of the corporate Network from IPv4 to IPv6 compatible infrastructure.
- Designed and managed the migration of the Infor (BaaN) ERP production environment from an AIX 5.2 Power 5 environment to AIX 7.1 on Power 7 Servers. This required the migration for Oracle 9.2 to 11g2 along with a conversion of the GXS EDI environment from TLE 5.1 to TLE 6.2.
- Designed and managed an EDI solution that seamlessly integrated with Infor (BaaN) Supply Chain platform to control the Purchasing and Sales operations of 126 ship-to points for GM, Toyota and Daimler/Chrysler.
- Coordinated the organization-wide implementation of an industrial Cisco wireless network, which facilitated the deployment of a scanner-based, shop floor control system that interfaced directly with the ERP system.
- Integrated Autodesk PLM & NX Design PLM to Infor (BaaN) ERP to decrease product specification entry errors.
- Redefined the Infor (BaaN) ERP implementation model, converting from Big Bang to Discrete Process modules, which enabled Formed Fiber’s Manufacturing, Sales, Distribution and Supply Chain operations to go live within 35 days of securing process approval; completed the project in 6 months.
- Negotiated the replacement of the corporate WAN from Confidential to Time Warner that maintained the monthly WAN costs while increasing available bandwidth from 3 Mbits/sec to 20 Mbits/sec by converting the corporate WAN network from a MPLS infrastructure to a Metro E network.
- Completed the merger of Confidential . corporate domains on time and under budget by $40K.
- Improved inventory accuracy from 65% to 90%, minimized customer complaints and charge backs by 95% and transformed scrap reporting from a batch to a real-time process after researching, evaluating and implementing the shop floor control system Confidential all manufacturing locations.
- Reduced monthly VAN costs from approximately $7.6K to $1.5K and eliminated all support contract costs after leading the migration from a legacy EDI solution to TLE Enterprise, which facilitated the successful processing of EDI communications between 126 GM, Toyota and Daimler/Chrysler ship-to points.
- Slashed monthly inter-company communication costs by 33% or $4.9K after revamping the entire corporate IP network and replacing legacy phone systems with VoIP telephony. Negotiated and closed a $323K, 3-year contract with Microsoft Enterprise Licensing to secure proper licensing for all corporate Windows-based servers and personal computers.
- Established Confidential Management as the regional leader in data center design and management after leading the development of Maine’s only enterprise data center with fully redundant OC-3 bandwidth to the Internet.
- Built the global Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity practice from the ground up to expand the company’s enterprise services for mid-tier organizations.
- Designed and delivered Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity backup services, which Confidential still sells to its global customer base.
- Created Hill & Knowlton’s global knowledge management system using Intraspect’s c-Business applications.
- Developed the world’s 1st Oracle Intraspect platform, which allowed Hill & Knowlton to search all knowledge data through a single user interface; collaborated with the client’s Global Knowledge Management team.
- Functioned as the Lead Systems Architect that migrated the Oracle Intraspect platform to Vignette systems.
- Improved Maine Employers Mutual Insurance Corporation’s (MEMIC) document management performance by 150% after redesigning their existing document management system.
- Enabled MEMIC’s Data Center to acquire Maine Insurance Bureau Certification by implementing redundant systems that ensured organizational compliance with insurance industry failover specifications for both delivery and time requirements.