- Around 5 years of professional experience in Data warehousing and Business Intelligence with strong background in analyzing the business, data modeling and database technologies.
- Working as a project lead in a Global delivery model, coordinating tasks and activities with business/offshore/near shore team.
- Extensive experience in developing strategies for Extraction, Transformation, Loading (ETL) data from/to various sources into data warehouse and data marts using Datastage.
- Extensive knowledge of ETL tool - Datastage and Netezza data warehouse appliance.
- Expertise in designing Datastage jobs using various stages in Datastage versions - 7.5, 8.1 and 8.5.
- In-depth knowledge of Netezza architecture, best design practices, NZSQL and bulk load utilities.
- Certified in Red Hat Linux Operating system as Red Hat certified Engineer (RHCE).
- Have completed IBM Netezza Analytics for Developers course from IBM.
- Expertise in defining the ETL integration architecture, development of best of breed ETL environment, defining and implementing ETL methodology, designing, creating and implementing ETL components, mentoring the ETL team and troubleshooting integration issues.
- Expertise in requirement gathering, analysis, data profiling, data modeling, creating Data Warehouses/Data Marts using best practices.
- Strong SQL knowledge with ability to write complex queries and Unix Shell Scripting.
- Strong understanding of Data Integration, Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data modeling concepts like Star, Snowflake schemas.
- Extensive experience in loading high volume data and performance tuning.
- Experience in implementing and upgrading to higher versions of DataStage.
- Expertise in handling multiple operational data sources like Oracle, MS SQL Server, Complex Flat Files, Delimited Files and Netezza for extraction, staging and data warehouse environments.
- Experienced in Design, Development of Business Reports using Microstrategy 9.5 and SSRS.
- Proficient in using ERWIN 4.1 Tool for Logical and Physical Data Model.
- Self-motivated and result oriented professional with excellent track record in both individual and team environments. Exceptional interpersonal, communication and leadership skills with an ability to relate to clientele, management and fellow team members.
Databases: IBM Netezza, SQL Server-2008, Oracle 10g/11g
ETL Tools: IBM InfoSphere DataStage 8.7/8.1/7.5.3/7.5.2/7.1/ XE (Administrator, Manager, Designer, Director, Parallel Extender), MSBI-SSIS
BI Tools: MSBI-SSRS
Languages: SQL, UNIX Shell, PL/SQL, C, C++
OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, UNIX, Windows
Project Lead (Senior Datastage ETL Developer)
Confidential, Westlake Village, CA
- Managing a team of 8 people to design, develop, test and deploy various ETL/BI solutions.
- Extensively used IBM Data Stage v8.5 - Designer, Manager and Director for creating and implementing various Data stage jobs.
- Responsible for designing Parallel and Server Data Stage jobs to extract, cleanse, transform and load data from various source systems into the DWH.
- Worked with multiple database structures and performed extraction of legacy data from into Netezza target database.
- Create ETL packages, jobs using MSBI-SSIS to load data from Enterprise data warehouse and move data to downstream systems.
- Create MSBI-SSRS reports for business to analyze the Sales and Demand between previous years year against current day.
- Produce near real-time reporting based on production data created within past hour.
- Actively participated in team meetings to gather and document the business requirements and developed the design specifications.
- Performed requirements analysis and extensively worked with business customers to identify the different sources of data in operational systems.
- Analyzed the conceptual data model to understand source to target mappings required for designing Data stage jobs.
- Create mapping documents which served as a base on which the Data Stage jobs are scripted and the data is moved to the target systems.
- Created detailed Data Stage job designs and developed the Data Stage code.
- Used different types of Stages in server and parallel extender such as FTP, Sort, Transformer, Lookup, Join, Peek, Merge, Aggregator, Row Generator, Netezza Enterprise and DRS to develop and design different jobs as per specific user requirements.
- Responsible for writing complex queries within the databases as well as in Data Stage to perform the ETL procedures.
- Performed troubleshooting and maintenance of Data Stage Jobs and SQL statements.
- Extensively worked with the performance tuning of Data Stage jobs, ETL Procedures the SQL queries used in Transformations.
- Worked with business users to fix defects and implemented the best practices for conducting Unit Testing and Integration Testing.
- Responsible for documenting the Unit test results and coordinating UAT.
- Used the Data Stage Director for monitoring the jobs and debugging the issues.
- Involved in daily meetings with the client for requirements and provide services to meet the required SLAs.
- Responsible for production migration of Data Stage jobs from development to production environment.
- Used Data Stage Director and the runtime engine to schedule running the server jobs, monitoring scheduling and validating its components.
- Provided technical support to team members for designing and developing Data stage jobs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in a team environment and also work individually.
- Developing reports for business using MSBI-SSRS - Excel, pdfs.
Environment: IBM Infosphere - DataStage 8.5, Netezza, Shell Scripting, UNIX, MSBI-SSIS, MSBI-SSRS, SQL Server-2008, Windows XP Professional, Windows 7.
Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Migrate Oracle Forms code to Oracle PL/SQL Procedures, functions, packages.
- Document business understanding of Oracle form structure and explain to Java team for developing the application in Java.
- Worked on the performance tuning of the Oracle procedures and SQL queries.
- Analyzed the transactional data model and data elements and worked with business analysts and DBAs to meet specific user requirements.
- Analyzed the conceptual data model to understand source to target mappings required for the newly designed Oracle tables .
- Written complex queries to facilitate the supply of data to Java application.
- Database such as creating new table definitions for staging and final tables.
- Worked on all phases of the project life cycle, including Low-level Design.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Oracle Forms, SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, Linux.
Junior Linux Administrator
- Create, install, Manage Red Hat servers on high end ardware and install applications required by business team.
- Implement MySQL database environment on Red Hat, CentOS and other Common Linux environments for usage by developers and applications.
- Install and configure open source email servers for different clients and optimize them for maximum performance.
- Optimize MySQL database performance at operating system level.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, MySQL, SQL, Shell Scripting.