Analytic and solutions - oriented Enterprise systems management engineer and Technical Lead with 13 years’ experience, out of 26 years of IT experience, in guiding teams through all levels of implementation, configuration and support management to improve efficiency of state-of-the-art systems. Led advanced technology development and management of new technology exploration and adaptation activities across the company. Proven expertise in improving business processes through automation strategies and resolving issues for good. Contribute strong project management, hands-on technical acumen and business analysis skills to define business objectives and project scope. Successfully bridge the communication gap among business and technology groups.
Implementation Configuration and administration of Confidential /WCC / NSM / Service Desk Enterprise systems solutions development Software Architect, Design, ImplementationConfiguration and Support management Business and Requirements analysis Process and Performance Improvement Project Scope and Management Team building and Communication
- Enterprise Systems Management Engineering: Database and Configuration ManagementCA - Confidential R11.x (NSM/Workload manager, DSM); Confidential 4.x; R11.x ; WCC; Service Desk R11.x, 12.x SLA, CA Portal, Dashboard, CI inventory, Service Catalog, UAM; USD; RCO, SAS, Cloud computing
- Netview/ BMC Patrol200/IBM Tivoli/ HP-Openview
- SiteMinder infrastructure / policy servers and back end stores for availability and performance
- SSO/ Web Agent / Web-based applications
- Agent Technology/Workload Management/Enterprise databases management using SQL/OEM/Oracle/ replication
- Enterprise/Server/Security/Asset/Workload Scheduling ( Confidential, CA 7; CA11, CA-Scheduler in Win2000, Mainframe, Unix, OpenVMS environment); TNG-Bridge; Tivoli Storage Manager ; Business Object tool; Oracle Developer; SQL anywhere
- Confidential SAP-R3 management option; Cisco network products; Reflection X
- System/Database Administration:
- CMDB; Oracle 10g, 11g; Mainframe OS390; Windows; Unix Aix, Linux;HP-UX, Solaris, Novell Netware, VTAM
- System Agents: TNG MVS/OS390; NetWare; OpenEdition; OpenVMS; Tandem NSK; Windows
- Ingres II, SQL; Service Process Design; PCs; DEC, WinServer, Compaq, TandemD48, DellNetwork Administration:
- TCP/IP; SNMP; UDP, MIB, SMTP; IPX; TMN; FCAPS, POP3
- VPN configuration; Dial-Up Networking configuration, Internet/ Intranet deployment/configuration
- Data Communications Equipment; Switches/Routers; Bridges; ISDN; DHCP; DNS
- Server (WIN 2003) configuration; Network security/User and Active directory setup
- Server Management (IBM OS390/AIX; HP-UX; DEC; Sun-Solaris)
- Active Directory; Network devices; Firewall
- RAID storage / SAN/Network Storage/ Arcserve
- .NET; Perl; HTML; NT, Shell
- Develop Custom Agents for Application with AIC/SDK
- FOCUS (IBM 3290/390 / MVS, VER 7.0.0) CLIST, JCL; IMS; DB2; COBOL; PEOPLE SOFT
- Technical writer; Presentation and User training
- Dynamic Modeling and Simulation
- Mathematical / Statistical Analysis
- Analytical and Computational Mechanics
- Technological visionary, with a broad and deep understanding of most current and potential future technologies, Able to develop innovative and appropriate solutions to business and technical problems across a wide spectrum of environments and manage them to completion.
- Able to plan, organize and manage complex situations and projects.
- Able to provide leadership, management, guidance and supervision to large and small groups Strategic thinker but able to leverage existing technology
- Able to analyze and extract core issues in complex business and technical processes.
Confidential, Riverwood, IL
- I worked on Enterprise workload management solution for millions of jobs, using Confidential /WCC R11.3 and ITPAM in 3 instances.
- My responsibilities included installation and configuration of application servers on Oracle 10/11g, Agents/clients, Maestro job conversion, manage, train and write documentation. Total 368+ servers were included in Confidential environment in multiple OS systems, trained 450+ users worldwide.
OS/Working environment: AIX, HP-UX, SUSE, and Red hat, Windows 200x; Oracle 11g; Mainframe; Scripting and automation process development on the above platforms.
- Recruited to introduce and establish Workload automation management tools in large infrastructure.
- I worked on analyzing business demands and introduced Confidential workload management tools.
- My work involved setting up development and production workload environment
- Requirement analysis / Architect the total workload function for Arcot company business needs
- Presentation and plan of execution
- Configured resources (servers, clients, agents and workstation);
- Installed enterprise common component (EEM, Event management)
- Installed/configured/documentation Confidential R11.3 with failover process using oracle 10g
- Completed notification/automation process setup
- Event and performance management implementation/configuration
- Portal and web management
- Automation process established through several scripts
- Installed/configured Workload Control Center (WCC) R11.3
- Installed/configured total client/agent on 9 servers
- Added 240 jobs (most of them are complex, dependency and calendar based..)
OS/Working environment: AIX, HP-UX, SUSE, and Red hat, Windows 200x; Oracle 11g; Scripting and automation process development on the above platforms.
System/Infrastructure Architect specialist/Consultant
- Administered IT enterprise management process, it’s supporting activities and workload management of company’s huge worldwide infrastructure.
- Led, installation, implementation, configuration, coordinated, scripted, documented, and trained to make sure AZ business critical application runs 24X7 with 99% uptime.
- Managed Confidential (workload management tool), “Cyclone (secure/confidential file transfer through Internet) application tool”, SQL Anywhere; Business Object; Oracle Developer and System Administration.
- Performed technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses were performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Application Architect/ Confidential Admin/ Consultant
- Installed, configured and supported R11.2 for Desktop System Management (DSM) and Network System Management (NSM) with MDB Administration.
- Configured and monitored CMDB Audit log, CMDB reports, Web interface, import and export objects/data, EEM integration with service desk
- Developed and customized several forms and reports with Web Screen Painter for R12.x release with custom code.
- Provided architecture, installed, migrated and configured processes in dedicated EMS servers at 5 different Army locations.
- Located and analyzed Network communication with protocols with Active directory/ end-user access/security consideration.
- Configured EMS manager and scalability servers for proper communication and data transfer, configured SNMP traps for event console/message record action/event correlation for monitoring and notification purpose.
- Evaluated system requirement analysis, architecture, configuration and documentation.
- Development Automation process for notification, root cause analysis
- Wrote scripts to develop new tools for automating management functions and notification processes.
- Trained users on USD/SDO/RCO installation/implementation and support
- Configured Failover process, Network infrastructure, Network security, alert notification
- Integrated and supported the total SMS applications per army security guidelines
Sr. Systems Administrator/Consultant
- Designed architecture, configured servers, installed and configured Agents, customized World View/BPV
- Managed events, security, Workload function for MOM, including over 1200 Message record Actions
- Automated unattended installation and monitoring, performed troubleshooting
- Worked on SiteMinder infrastructure / policy servers and backend stores for availability and performance analysis
- Prepared documentation, trained client
Sr. Systems Engineer/ Consultant
- Provided Business analysis, requirement/resources analysis of existing infrastructure and presented new architecture of the workload management tool
- Installed, implemented, configured Confidential workload management tools on 68 clients machine and integrated with mainframe workload schedule tool (CA7)
- Developed testing strategy and prepared documents, trained and administrated
- Configured Event processing (Auto Message Record Action) for AHD, notification process, alerts
- Upgraded Confidential to 4.5 and data migration.
- Architect failover process and implemented, documented
- Designed and developed SQL Adapter tool to run remotely thousand SQL jobs around the Network without Agent requirement
- Saved the company $230,000 on client licenses with design and developing SQL Adapter tool using .Net application which has been copyrighted
- Wrote scripts, developed utility tools, documented and conducted several kinds of training classes
System Engineer/ Consultant
- Planned, configured and implemented changes to server infrastructure changes to server infrastructure projects in SUN/Solaris; Mainframe/OS390; NT/WIN2000 LAN/WAN environment using Confidential TNG/ Confidential /CA-7/Tivoli (Maestro)/PeopleSoft and Oracle Adapter for Workload Management Engineering function and enterprise configuration.
- Performed Operating System upgrades, databases and application server migrations, Web Management ( Confidential Management for Web Servers Proxy Management Option) for security/help desk configuration
Sr. System Engineer/Consultant
- Worked on Confidential TNG/Help Desk (CA Service Desk) Configuration; Event and Workload Management Function in HP-Unix/NT environment.
- Configured Service Level Management option for Publishing reports to a Confidential Management Portal.
- Matrix developed for comparison of Tivoli NetView, TNG, and OpenView EMS tools.
- Provided IT infrastructure architecture and configuration using on Confidential TND3.0 (NSM3)/Automation Point /Agent Technology/Workload management ( Confidential )/Job-scheduler/ Message correlation/ Oracle 9i/Wireless messaging in Windows 2000/NT/Unix environment / Oracle 10i.
- Installed and configured Oracle 10gon HP-UX boxes for automation purposes, using SNMP/Oracle Agents/Event management.
- Worked on web interface for Confidential Service Desk 5.5 and DBADMIN (pdm load) and installed and configured service desk reporting utility.
- Designed architecture, installed and configured Confidential TND-SM3.0/Oracle8i/ManageIT/SDO/DTO in the Command Control Information System.
- Set up MRA with Oracle SNMP for DBA,
- Developed Custom Agents (MIB) for AMC Application with AIC/SDK.
- Remotely configured and installed asset management (AMO) and other EMS tools
- Setup Real World View including TNG Core Bridge installation/configuration for central point management and server management / Configuration and upgrade to WIN2000.
- Installed and configured Job management by Confidential connect option/ Adapter for Oracle
- Implemented Workload Management, Agent technology on AIX / Linux, HP-Unix environment.
- Tuned Oracle/DB2 databases using CA Database Analyser.
- Implemented Confidential TNG 2.4 with SAP R/3 management option2.2 on Unix (AIX/Linux; HP-UX, Solaris, Digital) and NT.
- Installed Agents/ DSM/Agent Manager / Workload Management/ Confidential in SAP R/3.
- Configured/deployed event management function for auto response on monitoring all logs and system management files including ArcServe backup procedure monitoring in SAP environment.
Project Manager/ System Engineer
- Recruited to provide entire enterprise scheduling solution
- Configured enterprise management, job schedule function by Confidential adapterinstalled agents/DSM/Workload Management in SAP R/3 environment.
- Implemented entire enterprise scheduling solution by Confidential .
- Worked on Novell Netware (6.0)/Netware Directory configuration at enterprise level.
- Installed Netware Agents for Network management function.
ConfidentialSystem Engineer/ Consultant
- Implemented Confidential TNG2.2, installed and integrated EMS software, configured and developed Business Process View for large IT infrastructure using CCI-Bridge, RCO, and SDO for central point management.
- Configured DSM (agent manager) /TNG architecture/Event management / Agent Installation in NT/Novell/Unix servers
- Installed and configured TNG MQ Series Agent, other CA Software products such as RCO (5), GCU, NetworkIT. ShipIT (SDO/ Scripting), AimIT(AMO), DTO.
- Integrated Powersafe with the AHD option of Confidential TNG by generating Incident Reports in response to certain critical alarm events.
- Developed, integrated and implemented Cisco network products and services, Windows 2000 server, Novell Netware Agents..
- Provided system engineering service to CSX rail transport.
- Implemented and configured IT infrastructure by Policy Based Method. Set up and configured DNS servers, other CA Software products such as NetworkIT: ShipIT, AHD, CA-7; CA-Scheduler; Database Analyzer for DB2 on OS390
- Supported various CA products from the help desk including installation, and implementation using protocols such as IP, TCP/IP, SNMP, ICMP, UDP, ARP etc.
- Worked on Mail Exchange Record (MX), PTR, PPP, System Agents: SAP-R3; Windows NT/95; Unix; VMS; NetWare.
- Designed, developed, enhanced, programmed, re-engineered and provided full user support in Mainframe (MVS/OS390).
- Configured CA-Explore Performance Management for VTAM to provide online and batch facilities to monitor VTAM and network activity.
Director of MIS
- Provided leadership in proposal, technical trade off studies, cost estimates, scheduling & unit cost reviews.
- Developed two commercial software programs SAFARI (Construction Projects Management System) and TMS( Time Management System) (Focus 6.0; Mainframe and PC).
- Installed, configured, managed company’s Network which included hardware (Network devices, servers, workstations etc..), application and EMS software.
- Wrote several application programs for accounting and payroll for in-house.
- Installed and maintained Network (hardware and software) as a LAN Admin.
- Provided services to Government Agencies (hardware, software, and Networking projects).
System Analyst/Programmer on FTS 2000 projects /Consultant
- Programmed, developed, set up usage in FOCUS 5.5 Mainframe (3270), PC, LAN environment
- Developed project plans, presented Proto-types, provided Technical Support / Documentation