IT professional with an expansive skill set and level of experience. Over 27 years of experience managing and leading projects and designing, developing and implementing custom applications and systems on numerous platforms, and as a consultant manager. Strong ability to find creative tangible solutions to design, development, and business issues. Experience working with mainframe, client server, and web technologies and also as a system programmer. Adaptive and quickly picks up new skills. Experience spans a broad range of industries including healthcare, retail, warehousing/logistics, institutional sales, financial and loan servicing, government, and manufacturing.
- MVS JCL
- Visual Basic
- MS Access
- CMS Pipelines
- RPG III
- VSE JCL
- CICS z/OS
- Novell Netware
- Oracle RDBMS
- MS Access
- Dbase IV/Dbase
- ISPF, XEDIT
- Intertest, Xpeditor, FileAid, EDF, RDO, CECI, CEBR, CEMT, IDCAMS, IBM Utilities, Endevor,
- MultiEdit, Textpad, KEDIT, SPF/PC, MicroFocus
- Visual Studio .NET
- SQL*Plus, QMF
- Cognos Impromptu, Transformer, PowerPlay
- FTP, Telnet, TOAD, PCOMM, Extra,
- MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power Point, MS Project
- Internet Explorer, Chrome, Netscape, Firefox
- Various Graphics Software
- Many Others
- Moved to an online lead role on the production support team.
- Provided support and designed and developed software for the MCS MAC transitions.
- Work with clients, users throughout the country, subject matter experts, and other technical leads/system architects to gather system requirements and design and code system changes.
- Model existing systems and proposed system changes using Visio.
- Develop, maintain, and support online applications on the online development team.
- Develop applications and coordinate large projects such as a claim expansion project on the Part A system.
- Designed and developed software for the Confidential Part B contract involving updates to the MCS processing software and combining/transitioning all Confidential Part B processing systems used through out the country on to one system.
- Worked with users to install a screen mapping tool, setup, and customized the supplied source code to meet the online team's needs.
- Designed and developed software to make the MCS system HIPAA compliant.
- Once in production and all of the Part B contracts are consolidated, our HIPAA code will process all Confidential Part B claims and associated transactions (all Confidential claims from physicians) in the country.
- Designing and developing software for the HIGLAS project to consolidate basic accounting functions within Confidential into a common system.
Consultant Manager / Consultant
- Performed in a supervisory role overseeing 20 plus consultants at various client sites.
- Tasks involved touching base with consultants on a regular basis, meeting over lunch, performing reviews, addressing and working through questions and personnel issues.
- Proposed and presented a prototype system and systems design specifications/Visio system design diagrams.
- Designed and constructed the Confidential Website during evenings and weekend time.
- The site included a custom menu system that provided access to articles and information for parents and professionals, graphics and DHTML animation.
- Parents Anonymous of PA was very pleased with their new site and presented me an at their yearly banquet. Provided ongoing support.
- Participated in the conversion and support of the Colorado Student Loan Servicing System.
- Created many new programs to assist in a new system conversion and deployed on their OS/390 system.
- Wrote utilities and created a menu system using Rexx to manage some aspects of the software development environment.
- Developed multidimensional OLAP data cubes and reporting for a central Pennsylvania manufacturing company using Cognos Impromptu, Transformer, and Powerplay from the Oracle based data warehouse.
- Worked with the SAP users in Great Britain as project lead on the Global Business Intelligence Systems development team to design the OLAP reporting needs.
- Worked with the data warehouse DBAs to design the tables to feed the OLAP reporting and multidimensional data cubes.
- Managed and directed work for others assigned to the project and provided status reporting to upper management.
- The converted software was developed and installed on schedule and problem free on all nine hosts throughout the country, which included hundreds of attached satellite systems.
- The tasks involved in the project included: obsolete element removal, duplicate OS/VS COBOL and COBOL II submodule consolidation and name changes, recompiling/reassembling the entire system to run and address above the 16 megabyte line in order to relieve storage constraints, complexity added by the intermix of ALC modules and QSAM access and above 16 megabyte line addressability, file status code changes along with the many other changes required for the incompatibilities between OS/VS COBOL and COBOL II.
- Personally made all of the changes and testing for the conversion of the subsystem with the highest transaction volume. Coordinated a hospice file expansion project, and designed and wrote software for a Johns Hopkins Hospital Lung Volume Study project.
- Devised, designed, and wrote a Visual Basic/Rexx application that automates the time consuming generation of the various Endevor source control statements needed when working with a large number of elements in the Endevor application development control package.
- Laid out spreadsheets and other vehicles needed to track the 1000+ date fields coming in and out of the system along with other aspects of the project. Designed and coded the skeleton programs used to generate all of the filebridge programs.
- Devised and created a common date routine and associated copybooks to bridge the 36 possible date formats using just a set and a call statement.
- Devised and created a Visual Basic/Rexx application that generates the code necessary to access this common date module to bridge the dates in all of the filebridge modules based off of date information in a spreadsheet.
- Designed the response trailer filebridge which parses the complex trailer records for the various transaction types, bridges the dates, and then re - concatenates the trailer records.
- Coded the driver module for this filebridge that handles most of these complexities and accesses the 29 submodules.
- Designed and coded software for several other systems.
- Devised and wrote several utilities to augment their applications and operating systems.
- Participated in a telecommuting program.
- Designed and coded new applications utilizing DB2.
- Devised and wrote a VM/ESA based software update system using REXX, XEDIT, and CMS Pipelines.
- The system features VM’s windowing facility and a cursor sensitive menu system that I designed and wrote.
- Wrote many ad hoc programs and worked on several other projects.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, availability, enhancements, and performance of hardware and system software on local and remote IBM 4381 and System36 processors for a wholesale and retail institution comprised of 8 warehouses and over 700 retail outlets.
- Provided communications network between processors and to outside parties.
- Create software products and enhancements to current system software.
- Administered system security on all processors.
- Devised procedures for operation staff and provide assistance in resolving operational problems.
- Worked with Database and Applications personnel solving problems with and providing technical assistance on applications and systems.
- Assisted local and remote users with problems the help desk could not resolve.
- Worked with users and upper management to gather requirements.
- Diagramed existing and new system using dataflow diagrams and other modeling techniques.
- Reviewed proposed system details with users and management.
- Designed a relational database to replace the existing 72 field flat file used by 430 programs and provided a system for on-line updates to that database.
- Other objectives included providing the cost and item information for a Point of Sale Perpetual Inventory System, replacement of the Manual Item History File, and providing the basis for an Automated Accounts Payable System.
- Concurrently, participated in meetings with the Executive Director and top management to discuss and implement a new pricing strategy and markup structure.