- Advanced visualization tools and integrated BI\analytics through the use of Scorecards (Balanced Scorecards, Metrics, Dashboards (3 tiered), Decision Trees, Visio Flow Charts and Diagrams. Designed, developed, and architected complete and integrated BI on demand single version of corporate data that has been portioned, aggregated, highly indexed, portioned and secured for use through SharePoint, Excel Services, and Excel Pivot tables through the use of SSAS cubes
- Defined and outlined the EDW strategic planning including roadmap, context diagrams, and process maps. Presented findings to the EDW Executive Board (company Presidents / Vice Presidents) as well as top Confidential officials including SIOs and CIOs.
- Architected, designed, built, implemented and managed warehouses with >20TB of data, 20MM customers and 40k users which service >$50B portfolio’s.
- Microsoft BI leader and evangelist.
- Hands on working knowledge of current and pipeline technologies; BI Semantics, Data Quality Services, PowerPivot and PowerView, SharePoint Services, metrics\KPI\scorecard driven analytics and management.
- Creative problem solver/engineer that excels in conceptualizing, analysis, and rapid development of Pre - sales, Proof of Concepts, and prototyping of industry and company specific data/information solutions.
- Working / reporting directly to / with the CIO, CFO, and Director of Operations, initiated, conceptualized, personally developed, and customized an EIS / Dashboard program / approach for President level reporting, broker analysis, and national accounts.
- Worked in partnership with the Confidential DBG Controllers group and CFO to support Financial Data, BI, and Reporting needs. Lead full project life cycle development to provide an N- tier data and reporting solution including Business Case, ROI, Analysis, BRD, Data quality/Mining, Use Cases, Testing, Implementation, and Enhancements.
- Conceptualized and Managed Business Information Architect and DW / BI initiative to provide balanced scorecard re-engineering reporting and management of Confidential service centers (MS SQL Server/.NET). Integrated and replaced current metrics management reporting with dashboards, data mining, and guided analysis to manage the Financial, Operational, Customer Satisfaction, and Employee perspectives of our service centers.
- Owned\lead Design, Development, Deployment, Training and Support of SSRS reports and data query systems for standardized corporate reporting and self service BI, regulatory reporting (including Confidential ), and Executive Information Systems.
- As EDW Working Committee Lead scheduled and led meetings, collected requirements, developed consensus among diverse members, led discussions on open issues, provided education about Data Warehouse technology, produced meeting minutes, and made presentations to the Confidential / Business Steering Committee.
- Performed extensive Data Mining analysis on Analyst/Management queries and usage to improve performance and provide batch reporting and identify risks and problems when they first appeared.
- Identified and documented full project Business Requirements definition, data analysis and Dimensional Modeling.
- Delivered PoC and pilot for selected Credit Suisse Wealth Manager Group.
- Technical leadership and has hands on design. Development, monitoring, tuning, and management of integrated ETL (SSIS), Aggregations\Cubes\MDX (SSAS), reporting (SSRS), Excel Pivot Tables, Analysis and Forecasting, SharePoint, Data Governance, and Team Foundation Server.
Data / ETL / Presentation: MS SQL Server 2012, 2008 R2, SSIS,SSAS, SSRS, SharePoint 2007/2010
BI: Cubes,Excel Pivot tables, MDX, VBA
Desktop: MS Access, MS Excel, Data Mining Add-In, MS Project, MS Visio
Sr. BI Architect (consultant)
- Designed and developed integrated reporting prototype Management Information System for Financial Cash Premiums, Transactions, and Earnings.
- Graphical drill through detailed analysis and reporting with trending.
- Provided Design. Best Practices, Project Plan (milestones and key tasks), documented Standards for Naming and Development, and conducted new cube testing.
Sr. BI Architect (consultant)
- Business Architect for six week client discovery, documentation, gap analysis, and roadmap for a future BI implementation for a data driven Sales and Operations corporate solution.
Microsoft BI Manager (consultant)
- Microsoft BI Lead (SQL 2008 r2 and 2012) to design and build integrated SSIS\SSAS\PowerPivot Master Data Services and Balanced Scorecard solution for dynamic International Pharmaceutical company linking Financial, Clinical Trials, Sales, Customer and Internal perspectives.
Business Intelligence Specialist
- Lead integrated business and technical\application team to provide required Confidential quarterly reporting through the design and development of an integrated Excel\SQL Server (stored procedures) and dashboard Cash Flow reporting.
- Supported and enhanced Confidential and Affordable Properties Financial and Operational dashboards, reporting (i.e., Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, NOI, exception reporting, Lead a team of on and off shore developers to enhance and support existing ETL, Cubes, Reports, Security, Access, and Operational Guidance.
- Under direction of the CFO designed\architected a Data Governance program of Data Stewards, Processes, Views, Control Tables, SharePoint lists, and single
Sr. Technology Consultant, Business Intelligence Applications
- Managed DW\BI ETL team supporting our various clients and system architecture.
- Designed and implemented enhancements to the ETL, Recon, and data marts to support analytics, analysis, and reporting.
- Designed and prototyped scorecard\dashboard management reporting systems for pre-sales efforts and future corporate vision.
Consultant, Manager Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Managed the rollout, training, and support of an integrated MS Cube/Excel Pivot table reporting solution.
- Managed vendor development, support, identified\generated requirements, tested and evaluated enhancements.
Project Manager Systems Design / Development, Business Intelligence
- Lead the acquisition of the EDW from Sales and Marketing and its redesign as an Operational EDW with 26 underwriting systems, diverse platforms (databases), vendors, products, and reporting requirements while providing a consolidated view of the overall business and still provide/support the individual business data and reporting needs and perspectives.
- Served as both the Business and Technical leads for the EDW, diverse business leaders, IT - architecture, DBA’s, BA’s, ETL (DataStage) and Reporting (Cognos).
- Developed and Maintained multi-year roadmaps, wrote\ championed all business cases ($5million+ per year), negotiated\resolved priorities, schedules and EDW evolution.
- Led project to model, design and build reporting and analytics for Business Process Management (BPM) system (MS SQL Server back end) to control submission and renewal processes and workflow management.
- Extensive use of market segmentation and analysis to direct daily work efforts to optimize prioritization and forecast / manage performance.