- Persistent and passionate in achieving assigned goals best summarizes my driven methodology for quality completion of Health Insurance and Benefit projects.
- Successfully completed work includes a track record of completing engagements that accomplish planning and managing tasks for Confidential Benefit Exchange Implementation, complex Healthcare Systems Delivery and Support, Strategic Business Transformation, Customer Relationship Growth, Strategic and Tactical Planning, IT Standardization and Process Transformation Management and Performance Analysis enabling cost effective business aligned healthcare technology solutions.
- A demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships at all organizational levels inclusive of relationships between IT groups, the business community, users and vendors to achieve business operational goals and improvements.
- Possess the ability to effectively develop innovative strategic plans, launch new initiatives, plan, implement, measure, and analyze required improvements to optimize resources, processes and technology utilization while reducing costs because of my deep knowledge of how to enact change supporting critical healthcare initiatives.
- My record includes a successful track record of delivery of business objectives.
- Driving force for the delivery and enhancement of IT technology, services, processes, and organizational effectiveness
- Applied Best Practice methodologies and insight gained from exposure to more than 150 organizations comprised of local and federal government, Fortune 500 companies, the insurance industry, university systems, hospitality, banking and health organizations, to implement on time customized strategic innovative IT business transformation solutions.
- Realized maximum value and return on IT investments: Delivered immediate reductions in costs by millions through implementation of strategic procedural changes, technology implementations and human capital integration.
- Advocate of world - class service delivery with justifiable ROI: Introduced concepts of governance to drive strategic objectives based upon best practices that improved the integration of IT with business operations, availability of business services, performance, and reliability while clearly demonstrating a ROI through a constant cycles of performance metrics monitoring.
AREAS OF PAST EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
- Governance New Product & Technology Launch
- Enterprise Restructuring Enterprise IT Systems Vendor Selection & Management
- Business Mission Fulfillment Process Improvement Vendor & Contract Negotiations
- Technology Integration Client Relationship Mgmt Resource & Time Optimization
- Service Level Management Information Architecture Sales Strategy & Development
- Technology Integration Virtual Security Project Planning & Implementation
- Knowledge Management LifeCycle Support Portfolio Management
- Acquisitions Metrics Team Building & Leadership
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE SUMMARY
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
Vice President / CTO & Executive Consultant
- Executing the technology, resource, process and communications planning and project management tasks.
- Working to identify a strategy for a Health Insurance / Health Benefit Exchange.
- Experience coordinating technology and tasks for a state’s Medicaid Health Information Technology Plan including complex interface plans.
- Applied knowledge of MITA, HIPAA, HITECH, Federal Security Requirements and Medicaid to provide direction to the implementation of a State Health Benefit Insurance and Benefit Changes to ensure continuity of services for an Early Innovator State.
- Provided day to day in-depth knowledge of strategic technology compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Provided analytical support and project management tasks to a state implementing national healthcare reform technology changes.
- Experienced developing and managing teams developing and deploying Electronic Health Records.
- Utilized Microsoft project to create detailed project plans, workflow tools, managed scope and introduced change control in dozens of complex organizations.
- Engaging in technology evaluation and level of effort for HIE/HBE implementation.
- Extensive Risk Assessment and Risk Management for implementing global and statewide healthcare and weather technology changes.
- Determined new workflow requirements aligned to MITA requirements for HIE/HBE.
- Experience leading teams in complex environments with multiple vendor teams.
- Provided Strategic, Tactical Transformation and technical implementation leadership to the large federal government agencies inclusive of Confidential, Confidential and Highly Rated Health facilities to include Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Institute, George Washington University Hospital, Rush Presbyterian Hospital, The Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Hospitals, and John Hopkins as well as state and local governments to include State of California, Maryland and District of Columbia to name a few.
- Enterprise Management of large scale technology tool implementations in support of healthcare business transformation and improvements.
- Coordinate and manage teams engaged in implementing healthcare and insurance solutions.
- Performed interim management in the roles of CIO, CTO, Director and Enterprise Architect for large healthcare providers, public and private sector.
- Technical Advisor for the implementation of ITIL V3 and V2 Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management, Configuration Management, Availability Management, Event Management, Service Level Management, Problem Management, Continuous Improvement, and Knowledge Management to improve technical operations, reliability and user satisfaction.
- Managed and actively participated in the planning, requirements, design, development, coding, testing and Quality Management, disaster planning, release management, training and deployment of new healthcare supporting applications with a 99.999 accuracy rate or higher.
- Preformed troubleshooting, identifying required software, process, or resource changes required to resolve recurring issues with healthcare supporting systems.
- Performed ITIL Certification training and ITIL executive management briefings.
- Provided active federal leadership through holding panel events, publishing measurable success cases, and providing site visits for other federal agencies.
- Provided direction to achieve required technology Healthcare Service Levels.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
Program Manager/Vice President
- Provided technical direction and IT operational Management for the Confidential and Confidential .
- A Provided direction and leadership for programs having difficulty with technology implementations or technology process integrations.
- Advisor to CEO’s, CIO’s, CFO’s, Directors and Department Managers and project teams executing business transformation strategies. Transformation integrated governance, performance management, key performance indicators and metrics, decision support, ISO frameworks, ITIL, Cobit, SDLC, CMMI, Project Management and other best practices.
- Prepared work plans and managed projects for the analysis, design, development and implementation of new best practices inclusive of ITIL, CMMI, Project Management and ISO20000.
- Worked with all levels of IT resources in the private sector and government sector to improve resource utilization and processes and procedures.
- Planned, directed and implemented all tasks required for successful Service Level Management
- Planned and implemented immediate and long term strategy to catalogue services, initiate service agreements, select monitoring tools and improve quality of services.
- Introduced and began the organizations first performance monitoring for identified key processes.
- Initiated the defining and cataloging of business services enabling the crafting of process strategies and service models.
- Designed management reporting to monitor service level agreements and developed action plans for items requiring attention.
- Directed and participated in the delivery of organizational awareness campaigns.
- Directed projects conducting critical gap analysis of financial and high technology systems in order to determine ITIL process requirements. Efforts yielded improved assessment accuracy, responsiveness and increased financial reimbursement for systems.
- Provided recommendations for implementing Governance.
- Worked with the implementation of metrics/Key Performance Indicators, Change Management, Incident Management, Release Management, Service Level Management, Availability Management, Business Continuity Management and Configuration Management.
- Engaged in knowledge transfer to the customer through lectures, presentations, and classes.
- Enabled the commencement of the Center for Quality to provide and record knowledge acquisition for the federal contractorstaffed.
- Planned and assisted with the management of tactical activities of the federal staff, vendors and other consultants.
- Provided technology recommendations for the infrastructure to improve service availability.
- Engaged in technical evaluations for the proposed release and testing of new software.
- Commenced process Continuous Improvement for federal organizations.
Confidential, Bethesda, Maryland
Technology Delivery Services - Service Level Manager
- Performed ITIL Problem Management to eradicate problems from the environment to improve service and reduce costs. Worked with vendors and existing underpinning contracts for service alignment to the business needs.
- Duties included the creation of new ITIL Service Level Agreements, updating and monitoring existing Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements.
- Established measurements for service performance, analyzed statistical data to determine recommendations for service improvements and created executive reporting.
- Worked to resolved systems organizational issues impacting service.
- Managed and improved relationships between IT Management, the business user community and diverse IT groups.
- Established new communications processes within the organization based upon service requirements.
- Worked with the organization to created a joint Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC) for the development and operations groups for the enterprise.
- Reviewed incidents impacted service and analyzed the technical cause of the incidents. Worked with technical groups to resolve complex technical issues.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Managed and directed operational teams, research and development and marketing teams.
- Ensured the management for the technical integration of large scale technology deployments.
- Planned, directed and implemented all tasks required for successful technical deployments and Service Level Management.
- Advisor to large IT organization leading initiatives critical to achieving business goals and objectives.
- Planned and implemented immediate and long term strategy to catalogue services, initiate service agreements, select monitoring tools and improve quality of services through the following activities:
- Successfully completed the role of acting CIO for health organizations and other industries.
- Determined support requirements and crisis intervention requirements in technology environments.
- Managed the implementation of complex support projects involving many IT groups and levels of users.
- Acted as an advisor to CEO’s, CIO’s, CFO’s, Directors and Department Managers and as a vendor partner to provide strategic direction.
- Managed Consulting Services, Marketing and Sales.
- Established delivery methodologies to ensure the delivery of quality products
- Established the PMO office.
- Mentored the Marketing and Sales Directors for the successful creation of new Campaigns.
- Nurtured new and existing Client relationships resulting in the doubling of firms revenues.
- Prepared and provided oversight in the company move to being ISO compliant.
- Prepared work plans for resource allocation. Worked with all levels of IT resources in the private sector and government sector to improve resource utilization.
- Directed projects conducting critical gap analysis of financial and high technology systems in order to determine new and existing industry requirements. Efforts yielded improved assessment accuracy, responsiveness and increased financial reimbursement for systems
- Initiated organization’s IS0 compliance effort.
- Responsible for extensive R&D efforts in the area of management reporting and biometrics.
- Directed new products from R& D through to market acceptance demonstrated through sales.
- Provided technical resource skills on an as needed basis to assist with crisis’s or where there was a technical question that could not be answered elsewhere with the company.
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
- Lead the implementation of complex technical implementations for the largest health systems in the country.
- Presented development and services approaches to key executives driving customer enterprise strategies.
- Successfully directed the planning and implementation of business process optimization and health systems software.
- Determined user required requirements and worked with technical staff to select application software to meet the defined business requirement. The recommended application software saved the facility more than two million dollars per year.
- Determined analysis mechanism, interviewed users, collected data, designed user interface from integration requirements, performed coding, participated and managed tested, training, and system implementation for large-scale systems.
- Provided technical support for Siemens Invision Health Care solutions.
- Provided support and management for admission, registration, orders, billing, pharmacy, lab, social work, psychology, religious services, facilities management, scheduling, rehabilitation, dietary, cardiac, respiratory, nuclear med, trauma centers, acute care, long term care, dispensing, acuity, nursing, physician systems. Electronic medical record, emergency medicine, xray, specificities, and pharmacy systems.
- Evaluated corporate site facilities and performed technology audits.
Confidential, Southfield, Michigan
- Conducted research, analysis using monitoring tools to identify areas requiring improvement while developing processes aligned to systems software and support personnel.
- Provided recommendations for change, coded, tested and successfully implemented changes across large health systems and multiple sites.
- Regularly presented industry related trends to executives and lines of business groups.
- Held training sessions and directed classes to achieve technical knowledge transfer
- Performed quality assurance for industry Accreditation Organizations, Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Hospital
- Managed the deployment of new software and systems from inception through the entire software development lifecycle.
- Provided support to marketing on an ongoing basis as a SME.
- Created procedures to marry new technology with resources and business requirements.
- Wrote industry articles.
- Provided full life cycle support for system integrations through electronic interfaces, including coding and quality assurance.
- Identified strategic educational goals for IT resources to reduce costs and mitigate risks.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Clinical Systems Manager
- Defined tasks and required resources to deliver service level agreements.
- Managed all activities required for the support of clinical systems for major metropolitan acute care facilities, long term care, and rehabilitation facilities.
- Directed work done for users and with vendors.
- Responsible for negotiating with IT groups, users, and vendors to meet essential service targets.
- Assisted in the prepared and participation for IT disaster recovery plans.
- Responsible for managing the technical resolution of more than 1000 incidents in a month.
- Experience in organizing and providing twenty four hour application support.
- Engaged in and provided technical direction for the quality assurance of software.
- Documented new processes and modified processes, for IT deploying and managing technology and for users interacting with the systems.
- Provided specialized technical knowledge.
Confidential, Malvern, Pennsylvania
- Planned, designed, developed, coded, tested, deployed and accomplished bringing live new applications.
- Preformed troubleshooting, identifying required software, process, or resource changes required to resolve recurring issues.
- Planned and managed large scale changes to more than one hundred thousand software modules. Managed beta projects for new software releases.
- Managed release changes for system upgrades involving diverse IT groups and vendors.
- Provided support to marketing efforts.
- Worked as the regional hardware coordinator for our clients.
- This included strategic planning for new data centers, communications, new technology and long range planning.
- Provided Executive Presentations.