- I have 20+ years of experience in various stages of the IT software development life cycle, the last 10+ years as a Director / Data Modeler / Data Architect / ETL Architect for a variety of large companies/ clients.
- I have deep technical experience in managing large scale project, also data warehousing, MDM, data management practices, database design techniques, implementation and migration practices, ETL processing and BI Technologies.
- I have a successful history as a Team leader, and I am sincere, well - organized, a quick learner, and a self-motivated team player that has experience in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Lead team of business analyst, developer, tester, data modeler
- Dealing with business stake holders, upper management.
- Designing Data warehouse / Dimensional Model for large DB
- Data Modeling/Designing OLTP systems for complex business requirements
- Data Integration solutions/ ETL Framework
- MDM, Data Management and Data Governance Practices.
- Agile Development Methodologies
- Reporting / BI Technologies
- Requirement gathering / Business Analysis
- Managing Development / Support Team including Offshore teams
- Insurance / Specialty Insurance (Bond ) / P&C Insurance
- Banking / Mortgage / Credit Card
- Retail / Service
Data Modeling Tools: ERWIN, ER Studio, Visual Paradigm Databases Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata
ETL Tool: Ab Initio, Informatica, Data Stage
BI/Reporting Tools: Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Tableau, QlikView
Programming Skills: TOAD, PL/SQL, COBOL, C, Unix Scripting
Version Control: PVCS, Harvest, IBM Rational Clear Case
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Data Architect
- Worked on short term project as Sr. Data Architect for Confidential .
- Active member of architecture group for analysis and designing and crating new data model for new data stream from partners/vendors.
- Created road map for Data Governance initiative, Evaluated Confidential for client.
Environment: Oracle, SQL Server, ERWIN, Data Governance, Collibra
Confidential, Hartford, CT Consulting
Sr. Solution Architect/Director
- Worked as Sr. Solution Architect for big consulting company, client is Confidential, national insurance company for their specialty insurance/bond line of business.
- Closely working with Senior executives / stake holders to understand the new requirements, creating road-map from development to implementation.
- Managing team of data modelers, business analyst and development team.
- Active member of architecture group for modernization efforts with current industry trend, latest technology for new scalable, near real time data availability to all users especially for analytics.
- Proposed Data Governance best practice to business stake holders, documented the road map to implement the same. Created POC using Collibra.
Environment: SQL Server, ERWIN, QlikView, Kafka/RabbitMQ, MDM, Data Governance, Collibra
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA Consulting
- Worked as Sr. Data Architect for big consulting company, client is state motor transport agency.
- Redesigning their legacy system to oracle based OLTP system.
- Responsible for requirement gathering and re-designing the scalable data model and database architecture.
- Includes MDM, data governance, performance for the future enhancement and growth.
Environment: Oracle, Unix, ERWIN, Informatica
- Set up Confidential a non-profit organization to improve the computer literacy among young people.
- Associated with educational institutes in India for career and educational counselling.
- Also working with NGO and other organization for water conservation project in the rural area.
Director, Consulting (DW/ETL Architecture)
- Worked as Director of ETL/DW architecture for multiple client/projects for Business Intelligence and Analytics Practice, leading team of data modelers, business analysts and development team.
- Interacting with client to get the business requirements and converting them into technical requirements.
- Handled all complex project planning from concept through completion including Resource planning, design, development, delivery and support.
- Well experienced leading the different team consist of business analyst, Tester, developer, data modeler.
- Worked as Project Manager and solution Architect for Confidential - Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services - open payment system project initiative, it is OLTP and DW environment, to collect all the payments made by AM/GPO to physician and teaching hospitals under the law and publish the same to general public.
- Designed and implemented the OLTP for web based system for AM/GPO and dimensional model for end user management level reporting for business decisions.
- Data integration using ETL tool Informatica and reporting using Micro strategy.
- Improved the performance of the whole ETL / DB process and successfully brought down from 24 hours to less than 10 hours.
- Documented the future roadmap to handle the growing data within ETL and DB, also implemented data backup/archival process to keep only the required data online and enable users access the data quickly.
- Successfully designed, developed and implemented the business centric analytical reports from DW data, to enable business to take right steps to expand the visibility of the program. .
Environment: Oracle, Unix, ERWIN, Informatica, Micro strategy .
Architect (Data Conversion )
- Worked as Architect for managing legacy data conversion team for Massachusetts Health Exchange initiative under Affordable care act.
- This is huge project using Agile methodology of development initiated by Confidential to design and implement the modern system for all the residents of MA can access and shop and enroll for medical insurance program.
- Studied the legacy system/application data structure, designed and implemented new database and created the framework/ process to bring all the data from legacy to new database..
Environment: Windows, Unix, Oracle, ERWIN, Informatica, Visual Paradigm, Agile Methodology .
Sr. Architect (Data warehouse Design and ETL)
- Worked as Sr. Architect leading a team for database design and ETL for Confidential to convert legacy system which feeding to downstream application with claims, payments and other related data.
- Created the scalable data model to receive the date from upstream, store and reformat and send it to downstream applications using ETL.
- Also re-designed the online transactional claims and payment application.
Environment: Windows, Unix, Oracle, ERWIN, Data stage, MDM, Data Governance
Project Manager, Architect
- Worked as Manager business intelligence/reporting architecture for enterprise level strategic
- Reporting initiative, designed and implemented the dimensional model for different reporting requirements.
- Team includes ETL and Tableau Reporting developers.
- Complexity is the source data coming from different legacy systems.
- Designed and developed the data integration scripts using Teradata from different sources.
- Implemented simplified solutions for process control dataset for monitor the processes.
- The design includes Metadata/Reference Data design and implementation.
Environment: Teradata, UNIX, Talend, Agile Methodology.
Director, Project Co-coordinator and Architecture
- Worked with business stakeholders and created future roadmap applications like Mortgage and Consumer Lending to give best experience to customer .
- Documented the proposed future state and transition state of the application architecture.
- Also documented the redundant data flow or data elements in the future state.
Environment: Oracle, Unix, ERWIN .