- Over eight years of experience working in Insurance, e - Commerce, Logistics, Telecom and Consumer Retail industries as a Business Systems Analyst and Product Owner.
- Have demonstrated proficiency in areas of Project management, Technical and Analytical support and in applying and implementing Waterfall, Hybrid, & Agile (SCRUM) Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies; Have domain expertise in Insurance: P&C (Auto, Home, etc.), Life, and other insurance products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of communicating with highly technical engineering teams. Exceptional mediator between external and internal customers, capable of interpreting their needs and positions to ensure the coherence and success of the projects.
- Extensive experience in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications, Behavior Diagrams (Sequence, Collaboration, Class diagrams and Activity diagrams) and other functional deliverables on a project.
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking, interpersonal and presentation skills, adept at creating, editing, and coordinating extensive communication workshops, joint application development (JAD) sessions and interviews.
- Organized end-user session after the successful UAT session and experience in coordinating with Off-shore Development & QA team.
- Resourceful and flexible with the ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities; highly organized and effective in problem resolution and multitasking.
- Experienced with Rational Rose, Rational Requite Pro, MS Project, MS Visio, Crystal Reports and other MS Office tools.
Business Analysis: Requirement Analysis, Business Rules, D Confidential Flow Diagrams, Business Process Modeling, Risk Analysis, Prototyping, GAP Analysis, Business and Functional Artifacts
Software: MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), MS Project, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, Rational Rose, HP QC/ALM, VersionOne, Atlassian Jira, Adobe analytics.
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Works on customer facing native mobile application.
- Project involves major and minor system enhancements and new product development to native mobile application following the Scaled agile framework (SAFe).
- Worked on a major initiative to increase user enrollment and engagement for regions outside the United States by working closely with global teams.
- Support an Agile Software development process, working in conjunction with end users/stakeholders and technical delivery team.
- Help create and maintain the solution vision, roadmap, and backlog of work through the project lifecycle.
- Write User Stories. Define Release and Sprint Goals. Communicate continuously with the Scrum Team and Stakeholders expectations for the Product Release.
- Works with Program Management to ensure work is meeting program needs.
- Responsible for refining (defining, prioritizing work) the agile team backlog.
- Provide feedback as stories are developed; review and accept stories.
- Designing workflow diagrams, wireframes and mockups (work closely with UI/UX team) to effectively communicate ideas and illustrate scenarios.
- Contribute to defining and resolving dependencies, issues, and risk.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked on multiple projects simultaneously for insurance products including but not limited to long term care, Life, Annuities and Medicare Supplement
- Projects involve major and minor system enhancements and process improvements to the front end application built on a secured .NET environment.
- Also worked on enhancing the underwriting process in the organization
- Played an active role in gathering, analyzing and writing Business Requirements and translating them into Functional Requirements, and created supporting artifacts.
- Function as the primary liaison between the business client, operations, and technical areas throughout the project life cycle.
- Conducted JAD sessions with various teams, to resolve open issues, and accommodate change requests.
- Sound understanding of Software Infrastructure while working closely with Business and Architectural team in defining the business process flow to enhance the underwriting process which involves front-end, back-end systems and web-services for system interaction.
- Worked with PM and the deployment team to provide support during project releases with deployment activities and rollout specifics.
Confidential, Aurora, IL
IT Business Analyst
- Worked closely with Business Users, Development Team, SOA Services Team, and QC Team on eliciting, analyzing, documenting and communicating Business, Functional and Non-Functional Requirements;
- The project involved automating the underwriting process of Confidential which enhanced the standards of services being offered to the users
- Worked on Property and Casualty, Auto, and Life Insurance products for the Enterprise Applications area.
- Proactively communicated and collaborated with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and delivered the following artifacts as needed: Functional and Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, GUI (Mock-up Screen and Interface designs/Prototypes), etc.
- Conducted JAD sessions with various teams (Business, dev team, QA team, etc.) which aided in developing an architectural solution that the application met, to resolve open issues, and accommodate change requests.
- Worked with HP Exstream team on understanding and communicating the requirements on document and content management.
- Hands on experience on SharePoint, have Designed and Monitored SharePoint as a d Confidential repository and d Confidential reporting tool.
- Experience working with QA team on reviewing and approving Test Cases and Scenarios and being a point of contact for Requirements team on defects raised in HP-QC (ALM).
Confidential, Downers Grove, IL
- Worked on multiple Large and Small scale projects which involve existing systems enhancements, business process improvements and new product development; planned and designed business processes with Technical, Operational departments and Business to improve and modify business activities.
- Completed working on a new streamlined plan structure for new customers as part of a major initiative to enhance user experience.
- Worked on projects following Waterfall Methodology, and Hybrid models based on client needs
- Applied technical and business knowledge in the analysis of client requirements in project areas such as: IT testing and product acceptance, new business operating models with innovative approaches to IT solutions support, emerging or available product functionality, IT reporting, process documentation governance, and compliance.
- Worked with Team Leads in various departments to gather information on workflows to provide a comprehensive overview for current and future projects and processes.
- Involved with assisting PM in Project Management Activities such as: Documenting Issue/Risk log and Meeting minutes, Planning and listing meeting Agendas, Conducting status meetings, etc.
Confidential, Park Ridge, NJ
Jr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for analyzing and documenting business requirements, business workflow, developing file mapping and technical specifications, and working with business partners/stakeholders to determine details and priority of requirements.
- Responsible for conducting Design Thinking sessions to gain insights into end user and customer needs, Managed Product Backlog, worked with the Product Manager to prioritize requirements, define and manage scope and sprints for a project.
- Created documentation including requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, feature description PowerPoint decks, process flows, and wireframes, etc.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Business Analyst Intern
- Assisted Sr. Business Analysts in identifying and clearly defining functional issues and supported IT development staff throughout the design, development, unit testing, and implementation phases of the software development life cycle.
- Assisted lead BA in resolving open issues; addressed risks based on priority and was involved in fixing defects by engaging appropriate teams.
- Involved in reviewing Test Plans created by QC team which were required to perform all aspects of setup and testing for assigned applications used by client.