- Over 8 years of experience in Database Design, Developing BI applications utilizing SQL server, BI Stack Power BI, Integration Implementation and Maintenance of Business Intelligence and the related Database Platforms.
- Experience in Development and maintenance of database applications on MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2005, OLTP/OLAP, BI stack and (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS) environment.
- Experience with Power BI on how to import, shape, and transform data for business intelligence (BI), Visualize data, author reports, schedule automated refresh of reports and create and share dashboards based on reports in Power BI desktop.
- Experience in publishing Power BI Desktop reports created in Report view to the Power BI service.
- Experience with Power Pivot and Dashboard Designer.
- Expertise in Power BI, Power BI Pro, Power BI Mobile.
- Utilized Power BI to create various analytical dashboards that shows critical KPIs such as billing hours along with slicers and dicers enabling end - users to make filters.
- Implemented Power BI gateway different source to matching analysis criteria and further modeling for Power BI pivot and power view.
- Solid knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Data Warehouse Concepts, OLTP and OLAP and experience with Working on SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Data Analysis, Data Cleansing/Data Scrubbing and Data Migration.
- Experience with SSIS performance tuning using counters, error handling, event handler, re-running of failed SSIS packages using checkpoints and scripting with Active-X and VB.NET in SSIS.
- Experienced in creating complex SSIS and DTS packages for ETL purposes. Implemented complicated Transformations to be used in SSIS packages.
- Experience in designing Dynamic SSIS Packages using variables, expressions, containers.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Log Shipping, DTS, Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Experience in creating SSIS packages to automate the Import and Export of data to and from SQL Server 2005 using SSIS tools like Import and Export Wizard, Package Installation and BIDS.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Server Mail Agent, and schedule using SSIS Packages.
- Experienced in writing expressions and fine-tuning reports. Created many Drills through, Sub, Parameterized and Drill Down reports using SSRS.
- Extensively worked in designing ETL data flows using SSIS; creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server and Data Migration and Transformation from Oracle/Access/Excel Sheets using SQL Server SSIS.
- Experience in ETL, OLAP, BI Reports and Dashboards, Power BI, Power Query, Power View, Power Pivot. (Microsoft BI Stack).
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot.
- Experience in creating executive level Dashboards, Charts using SSRS, Power pivot and Excel.
- Experience in performing a Bulk Loads into SQL Server and Incremental updates with SSIS.
- Expert in Looping through All Files in a Folder and Loading into SQL Server and other databases.
- Leveraged Azure SQL Data Factory to load Azure SQL Data Warehouses for analytics and reporting.
- Experience in writing stored procedures, Indexes, Views, Synonyms and user defined functions.
- Experience with Fragmentation and Query analyzer for SQL Server 2005/2008 and experience with Database Tuning Advisor and SQL Profiler for tracing, auditing and Performance Tuning.
- Expert in creating Data Source Views (DSV), Dimensions, Hierarchies, Partitions.
- Expert in creating calculated measures and dimension members using multi-dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Excellent understanding of Relational Database Systems, Normalization, logical and physical data modeling for OLTP and dimensional modeling for OLAP.
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema/Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional tables.
- Extensive experience in report generation using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) from both relational databases.
Databases: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000/7.0, Oracle 12c/11g/10g, DB2 MS Access
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), Power BI, Crystal Reports XI/10/9, QlikView 11, Tableau.
ETL Tools: SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), DTS(Data Transformation Services), Import Export Data, Bulk Copy Program (BCP)
Other Software: MS Office 2010/2007/2003/2000, Power Pivot, Adobe Professional.
Operating Systems: Windows / 98/2000/2003/ XP/Vista/Windows 7
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, SQL Server 2005 Query Editor, Solution Explorer, Analysis Manager, Reporting Server
Methodologies: Logical and Physical Database Design, UML, Database Design and Normalization, Data Modeling
Confidential, NYC, NY
Power BI Developer
- Responsible for Business Operations Reporting for the collection and analysis of operational metrics and key performance indicators (KPI’s) to all of Citi Technical Infrastructure management. Expanding their Central Reporting Utility to provide robust self-service capabilities.
- Responsible for the creation and enhancement of web applications to support the reporting needs of the Citi Business Management, Analytics team and their customers.
- Analyzing the KPI's based on the end user requirements and needs to develop dashboards using Power BI.
- Extracting business data from different OLTP systems and loads into data warehouse using SQL server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Utilized Power BI (Power View) to create various analytical dashboards that depicts critical KPIs such as Transactions, customer information and payments along with slicers and dicers enabling end-user to make filters.
- Worked on providing row level securities using power bi to restrict data access for various users.
- Expertise in publishing Power BI reports of dashboards in Power BI server and scheduling the dataset to refresh for live data in Power BI server.
- Develop customized calculated Columns and measure using DAX Formula language in Power BI to satisfy business needs.
- Developed SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to support Power BI reports.
- Generated ad-hoc reports in Excel Power Pivot and sheared them using Power BI to the decision makers for strategic planning.
- Utilized Power Query in Power BI to Pivot and Un-pivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
- Creates maintenance plans, stored procedures and functions using Transact-SQL to increase performance and ease of access for data manipulations.
- Creates and implements Microsoft Office Suite custom applications to interface attorneys with data and automates applications to assist with creations of document production sets and privilege logs.
- Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources.
- Utilizes SQL- DML, DDL, and DCL classes to setup, create, maintain, and manage SQL databases backend functions daily.
- Used SQL Databases, Data Lakes, SSIS, and SSAS tabular models to capture features used to train risk attribute models used to score and identify high risk deals.
- Used TFS (Team Foundation Server) and Visual studio Team services (VSTS) to share all the work, code, to sort out the exceptions raised during work.
- Responsible for creating documentation to assist my team to effectively transfer duties of different projects to one another.
- Identify and implement new procedures to simplify and improve process.
Environment: MS SQL Server Management Studio 2014, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Power BI Desktop, Power BI Dashboard, DAX Functions, Power BI services, Visual studio Data Tools 2015, PL/SQL, Crystal Reports, C#, HTML.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Power BI Developer
- Involved in understanding the client's business processes and gathering technical requirement.
- Supported all electronic medical record reporting and business intelligence including the creation of SSRS and BI Launchpad reports.
- Provide client reporting and business automation solutions. Propose, design, and developed windows applications & SQL databases using Microsoft Office Suite containing complex classes interacting with the enterprise file system, Excel, and Outlook. Automated hundreds of manual processes with robust solutions having database connectivity, data input and validation, and formatted output.
- Automated reporting using SSRS and Crystal Reports. Developed complex stored procedures, views and triggers.
- Developed a MS Win forms application using Visual Basic, C#, Crystal Reports, and SQL within the Visual Studio development environment used to submit criteria, perform validation, and generate reports.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in Power BI service.
- Migrated existing self-service reports and ad-hoc reports to Power BI.
- Creating relationships between different data sources in Power BI to visualize the data and build the reports.
- Extensive implementation of SQL, including the building of views, stored procedures, and tables for ad hoc reporting and long-term automated reporting.
- Designed and implemented views via SSRS and Excel, to enhance data presentation to clients and upper management
- Assisted in design, build, verification, implementation and maintenance of ETL code / jobs based on business needs
- Configured Power BI gateways and reports to combine data from on-premises resources and SQL Azure databases.
- Coordinated teams to clean large data sets to develop normalized databases for clients in various industries
- Created and served as head of Change Committee, established to allow employees' ideas to flow directly to the chief operating officer and other senior managers.
- Created Dashboard Reports to support end users using SSAS and Power BI.
- Conducted extensive data mining for various databases using advanced SQL for both clients and internal purposes.
- Worked closely with front end report developers and business owners in order to test and validate reporting content.
Environment: MS SQL Server Management Studio 2014, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Power BI Desktop, Power BI Dashboard, Visual studio Data Tools 2015, PL/SQL, Crystal Reports, C#, HTML.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Data and Reporting Analyst/ MSBI (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) Developer
- Worked on Full life cycle development (SDLC) involving in all stages of development.
- Involved in analysis, design and development of project to consume transactional data, consolidate into data warehouse and creating reports and dashboards, writing complex Stored Procedures for creating datasets for Reports and dashboards.
- Created Database Objects - Schemas, Tables, Indexes, Views, Stored Procedure, Constraints and Roles.
- Used various transformations like Derived Column, Data Conversion, Condition Split, Lookup etc.; in SSIS to load data from Flat files, Excel and XML files to SQL Databases.
- Designed and developed data load jobs using SSIS package and scheduled using SQL Agent.
- Migrated legacy data from MS Access and Oracle database into SQL Server 2014 using SSIS Packages in SQL Server Data Tools.
- Created SSIS packages (.dtsx files) using SSIS to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases and data mart databases.
- Extensively worked with SSIS tool suite, designed and created mappings using various SSIS transformations like OLEDB Command, Conditional Split, Aggregator, Merge, Union all, Script Component Data Conversion and Derived Column.
- Performed Error Handling mechanism one using the Maximum ErrorCount properties, propagate system variable, using Stored procedure & logged errors in error Table.
- Used SSIS packages to roll our data to OLTP Tables and to Processing Database.
- Configured the SSIS Package for run time in different environments using Package and Project Parameters.
- Designed visualizations with DAX Functions in Power BI.
- Designed SSIS Packages to extract, transfer, load (ETL) existing data into SQL Server from different environments.
- Scheduled SQL jobs to run SSIS packages on a daily, weekly, monthly basis using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Developed database objects such as SSIS Packages, Tables, Triggers, and Indexes using T-SQL (DDL and DML), SQL Analyzer and Enterprise Manager.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Wrote stored procedures and User Define Scalar Functions (UDFs) to be used in the SSIS packages and SQL scripts.
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Developed tabular queries for efficient analysis of report using Pivot/Un pivot in T-SQL.
- Improved performance of SQL Server Queries and Stored Procedures using Execution plan and Profiler
Environment: MS SQL Server Management Studio 2014, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Power BI Desktop, Power BI Dashboard, DAX Functions, TFS, Visual studio Data Tools 2015, PL/SQL, and Visual studio 2015, 2012.
- Involved in creating Stored Procedures to handle complex calculations and wrote logic to maintain the history of entities which were also passed on to the application via Stored Procedures.
- Explored the use of User Defined Functions to encapsulate commonly used logic in the stored procedure and maximized the readability of such Stored Procedures.
- Created DDL/DML triggers in SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Designed T-SQL scripts to identify long running queries and blocking sessions
- Writing and Debugging T-SQL, stored procedures, Views and User Defined Functions
- Data migration (import & export - BCP) from Text to SQL Server.
- Error handling using Try-Catch Block
- Normalization and De-Normalization of tables
- Developed Backup and Restore scripts for SQL Server 2005
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2005 with latest service packs.
- Created database objects like tables, views, indexes, stored-procedures, triggers, and user defined functions
- Written T-SQL queries for the retrieval of the data.
- Developed administrative tasks of SQL Server of performing daily Backups and Recovery procedures.
- Worked with the developing team in the Writing functions in Visual Basic 6.0 for Upload download functionality, Data transfer and migration.
Environment: SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition, MS SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, Enterprise manager, VBS, MSOffice