- Highly skilled and enthusiastic IT professional with 5 years of work experience as a MSBI/ Power BI Developer and consultant working for major corporate clients.
- Strong experience in using the Microsoft Suite (SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Power BI.
- Well versed in the ETL Lifecycle and Agile Methodology.
- Full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience including Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of various medium and large - scale client/server applications in a structured development environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Excellent communication skills, proactive, self-managing and teamwork spirit, goal-oriented, highly motivated with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in logical and physical Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
Database: - SQL Server 2012/14
IDE & BI Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) v.17, MS Visual Studio 2015/2017, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development (BIDS)
Programming Languages: T-SQL, DAX, M
ETL / Reporting Tools: SSIS, SSRS & Power BI
Office Tools: MS Word, Excel, Power point
Development Methodology: Agile/Scrum
Power BI Developer
- Worked with business teams to gain a rich understanding of their business, analytical, and reporting needs, including the identification of critical metrics.
- Performed detailed data analysis to determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples.
- Worked closely with a team of technical and non-technical staff and consultants to iterate through versions of the deliverables.
- Involved in creation of various Business Intelligence/ Analytical Dashboards utilizing Power BI with global filters, calculated columns and measures using complex DAX calculations and transformations using Query Editor & Power Query Formula Language (M).
- Worked extensively building Power BI Dashboards with quick insights into KPIs and Advance analysis actions, Calculations, Parameters, Maps and Scatter plots.
- Used Trend Lines Statistics and Log Axes, Groups hierarchies, time intelligence to create detailed and summary level reports and Dashboards with KPIs using Power BI.
- Worked on Power BI dashboards using stacked bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, waterfall charts, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Publishing of various kinds of live interactive data visualization dashboard reports and workbooks from Power BI Desktop to Power BI servers.
Business Intelligence Developer ( SSRS/ SQL/SSIS)
- Utilized User Defined Functions to encapsulate frequent and commonly used business logic to make the system more modular, secured, and extensible.
- Created and rendered reports in different formats like pdf, excel etc to be executed automatically on weekly or monthly basis and managed subscriptions.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Configured the report viewing security for various users at various levels using Report Manager.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically onto the Dashboard.
- Documented all database objects, procedures, views, functions & packages for future s.
- Wrote queries to generate reports for analysis of data using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Worked on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes.
- Designed SSIS packages to bring data from existing OLTP databases to the new data warehouse by performing different transformations like lookup transformations, merge joins, derived columns, merge join, conditional split, data conversion with multiple data flow tasks.