- 6 years of progressive IT experience implementing Business Intelligence Solutions, expertise in Data warehousing, Data architecture, Data modeling.
- 5 years’ experience with all the MicroStrategy Product Suites namely MicroStrategy Intelligence server, MicroStrategy Architect, MicroStrategy Administrator, MicroStrategy Desktop, MicroStrategy Web, MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server, Enterprise Manger.
- 4 years’ experience of Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Restricted data for particular users using Row level security and User filters.
- Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Developed Tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using Data Blending.
- Good understanding and working with Data Modeling (Dimensional and Relational) concepts including Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema, Fact and Dimensional Tables.
- Expert in creating Custom Documents, Custom Dash Boards and scorecards.
- Created various Schema objects with MicroStrategy Desktop like Simple and Compound Metrics, Fact Extensions, Hierarchies etc.,
- Extensively worked in Reporting using MicroStrategy Desktop using features like Templates, Filters, Prompts, Consolidations and Custom groups.
- Projects in Full Life Cycle Development of data warehousing, project planning, business requirement analysis, logical data modeling, setting up physical schema, data marts, OLAP.
- Implemented proactive delivery reports and implemented the business intelligence solutions on the web using MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server.’
- Experience working with ETL (Extract Transform and Load) tools like Informatica Power Center.
- Proficiency in Informatica Designer Components (source analyzer, warehouse designer, mapping designer, mapplet designer, transformation developer, workflow manager and workflow monitor).
- Experience working with databases like Teradata, Oracle 11g/10g, SQL Server 2005/2008 and strong Oracle SQL Tuning skills.
- Very strong SQL skills, including use of nested table expressions, unions, multi - table joins, scalar functions, outer joins and derived columns.
- Accomplished problem solver, self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in team environment, sound leadership and analytical skills, able to handle multiple projects with attention to details.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
BI Tools: MicroStrategy 11.1/10.4/10.2/9.4/9.3.1/9.2.1/9.0.2//8. x (Administrator, Architect, Web, Narrowcast Server, Report Services, Distribution Services, and Dynamic Enterprise Dashboards), OBIEE, Business Objects, SSRS, SSAS, Tableau, Power BI.
ETL Tools: Informatica 7.0/6.2 (Power Center, Power Mart), SSIS
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, XML
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2, DB2, Teradata, MS Access, Netezza, PostgreSQL
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML
Sr. BI Consultant
- Involved in gathering Business Requirements from users by understanding the Source System (OLTP) and Interacting with the users.
- Involved in the Data modeling for Business Process specific Data Mart.
- Created ad-hoc reports in grid and graph mode consisting of data analysis by combining a template with filters using MicroStrategy Desktop and web and Tableau server and Desktop. And also created reports using complex Filters, Compound Metrics and Advanced Prompts.
- Developed different dynamic Dashboards and Scorecards and using Microstrategy best practices as recommended by visual design experts, using Selectors, Widgets and Multi-panels.
- Reduced the time taken for the reports to run by taking advantages of VLDB properties like Star join, query and sub query optimizations.
- Used Non-Aggregable Metrics, Conditional Metrics, Transformation Metrics and Level Metrics for creating complex reports.
- Created Transformations (Table Based and Formula Based) for YTD (Year to date), MTD (Month to date) and WTD (Week to date) analysis.
- Extensively used Microstrategy and Tableau Report Services to generate Report Documents.
- Customized Reports, Documents and deployed them to MicroStrategy web.
- Worked extensively and interact with end users to finalize the dashboard layouts and also worked on fine detail formatting for a desired look and feel.
- Extensively used Narrowcast Server for Report distribution.
- Tested all the reports by running queries against the warehouse. Also compared those queries with the MicroStrategy SQL engine generated queries.
- Supported business users with technical requirements and issues with tool.
Environment: Microstrategy 10.2/10.4/2019 (Architect, Desktop, Web, Object Manager, Integrity Manager, Library, Workstation), Tableau 2019, Visual Insight, Netezza 3.0, MS SQL Server 2012, PostgreSQL, Teradata.
Sr. BI Consultant
- Worked with Delivery, Enterprise Architecture (EA), Information Architecture (IA) and business area teams to build detailed technical design and specification documents, to meet business needs for the Consumer Mobile Analytics projects, considering capabilities, risks, and system dependencies.
- Executed the build, unit test and deployment of full lifecycle solutions.
- Extensively worked on Desktop and Web to create Visualization and Reporting Dashboards for Web, IPad and IPhone using Selectors, Widgets and Multi-panels.
- Created Derived Elements and Derived Metrics and used them effectively in dashboard.
- Worked on Consumer Mobile Analytics dashboard for the business users to see the download and the sales information happening through Confidential Mobile App.
- Extensively worked on creating Intelligent Cubes and Cube Reports to increase the Dashboard performance.
- Exceptional skills in Agile Development and Test Driven Development.
- Collaborated with the team and product owner to ensure rightness of features and design.
- Involved in creating MicroStrategy objects like Attributes, facts, Metrics, Filters, Prompts and Reports.
- Involved in Testing and Data validation of Reports and Dashboards.
- Involved in End-User training, Support and Maintenance.
- Worked with end users along with Business Analysts to build reports and dynamic dashboards.
- Worked on administrative tasks like User Groups, Roles, Privileges, Cache Management.
- Used the Object Manager to migrate objects to different environments.
Environment: Microstrategy 10.4 (Architect, Desktop, Web, Object Manager, Integrity Manager), Visual Insight, Netezza 3.0, MS SQL Server 2012.
- Worked as a resource for Microstrategy environment support, administration and bug fixes.
- Worked with Connectivity Configuration Wizard to configure the Metadata connectivity information, metadata DSN name etc.
- Created different schema objects like Attributes, facts by using MicroStrategy Architect of the MicroStrategy BI Suite.
- Generated reports using Advanced Metric objects, Filters, Prompts and also created Customized Templates to facilitate the End users to create customized reports and dashboards by choosing Filters, Metrics and Report Attributes.
- Worked on Installation, configuration of MicroStrategy Suite including Intelligence Server Administration, Configuring Memory Settings, Performance Monitoring, Scheduling, Creating New Users, Security Roles, Object Manager, Command Manager and Narrowcast Server Administration.
- Worked on Object migration, Project duplication, Report Optimization, Tuning, Caching, VLDB properties and Job monitoring.
- Worked on upgrading of Microstrategy Dev, QA and DR (Disaster Recovery) (9.4.1 to 10.2).
- Worked on troubleshooting report SQL, for example locating which pass results in data discrepancies or locating inefficient or incorrect joins that may cause performance issues.
- Resolve architecture layer issues, or work with the database team if the issue is at the physical table layer.
Environment: MicroStrategy 10.4/10.2/9.4.1 (Administrator, Object Manager, Integrity Manager, Enterprise Manager), MSTR VI Dashboard, DB2, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , Teradata 13.10, Splunk 6.2.6, Hive 1.2.0, Impala 1.2.1.
- Collect and analyze BI end-user requirements and evaluates the feasibility of these requirements from a technical perspective.
- Designs and develops data models, Reports, Visual insights and reporting dashboards and optimizes the data-mining performance function.
- Generated and implemented MicroStrategy Schema objects and Application objects by creating Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Reports, Filters, Metrics and Templates using MicroStrategy Desktop and Architect. Also worked on View to Table Scripts.
- Worked on VLDB settings to optimize the query performance.
- Experienced in Agile Development process for diverse requirements
- Works with an ETL team; identifies root causes of issues with data quality and other related issues.
- Works with a reporting team on building charts and tables as well as optimizing the ETL process to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Supervises the testing of applications at various stages throughout the development process.
- Estimates time, effort and resources required for thorough testing.
- Interprets considerations for selecting an optimal testing environment for specific applications.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.3.1/9.2.1 (Administrator, Architect, Desktop, Enterprise Manager), MSTR Visual Insight, Netezza, Informatica, SQL Server.