- Accomplished in leading IT organizations to deliver highly complex and competitive banking, investment and risk database designs.
- Outstanding business - technology analyst who combines broad and current IT knowledge with a strong background in leading the planning, design and implementation of enterprise databases to meet corporate business objectives. Management style is characterized by team building, with a focus on getting the job done.
- Mastery of tactical and strategic Data Architecture: leads in data modeling, database design and data administration for relational databases including Risk, Regulatory Compliance, Client, Securities, Reference Data and Exchanges.
- Provides Forward Engineering management of conceptual, logical and physical data models, ddl production, and implementation of regulatory requirements, for example Dodd-Frank, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Basel. Provides Reverse Engineering management from any relational database with evaluation and improvement; forensic database investigations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Securities Industry Data Models (ERDs) Reference Data Models & Databases
- Data Governance Data & Metadata Management Security Master Design Data Modeling Standards & Guidelines
- Regulatory Compliance Security Industry Operations
- Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence Design Master Data Management
- Business Planning, Analysis and Modeling Management of Modeling Teams
- SWIFT and Internal Messaging Risk Measurement Databases
- 2 major Risk database designs - Phoenix replacement (FORCE) and Controls Room
- 6 evaluations of critical physical data model designs (via reverse engineering) for interdependent systems and wrote recommendations for repair
- Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models, including ERDs, Data Dictionaries and DDL for Risk, Regulatory Oversight, Controls, SOX and Basel mappings, Third Party Oversight and User Tools Databases
- Created Data Lineage mapping for BCBS239
- Compiled project data glossaries, data hierarchies, and Logical Data Models for Legal Obligations and Consumer Risk. Organized SMEs to address data issues.
- Published and maintain Standards and Guidelines for Data Modeling, Class Words, and Naming Standards. Established Standards for Model Governance, using Erwin’s ModelMart.
- Brought User Tool Inventory data models up to current Production level, from 3 versions behind
- Attracted and retain top talent: hired staff of Senior and Junior Data Modelers to create the Data Modeling Group for Controls Systems Technology
- Provided data modeling quality assurance, utilizing 2 of the standard Financial Industry Data Models as reference points ( Confidential and IBM).
- Developed Conceptual and Logical Data Models, and Data Standards & Guidelines for these departments and for internal use.
- For Compliance, compiled project data glossaries and logical data models for Control Room, Legal Obligations and Consumer Risk Basel Reporting.
- Worked with SMEs to solve system issues.
- Translated Basel III requirements to data models.
- Staff of 2, plus consultants.
Confidential, New York, N.Y.
- Delivered Conceptual and Logical Data Model Framework for all of Securities Reference Data. Currently supervising development of the Logical Model for listed derivatives and fixed income products at the granular and at the set level.
- Reviewed all EDG logical and physical data models
- Led Standards development, including bitemporality, versioning and namespaces
- Led Project management, budget, staffing and mentoring for reverse engineering 38 physical data models and data dictionaries across 6 EDG Practice Areas
- Established Standards for Reference Data Model Governance, using Erwin’s ModelMart
- Evaluated the “Proof of Concept” activities of 2 metadata repository vendors for the benefit of the Enterprise Data Group
- Hired additional technical staff
- Provided a lower cost alternative to a $2 M IBM data model, reference data model mentoring and the selection of training content and instructors for internal data modeling classes - U.S., Canada, U.K., and Shanghai. Wrote the data model requirements for a metadata repository to be purchased from a vendor.
- Managed a group of 19 IT Officers who wrote and edited EDG Standards. Delivered 4 Relational Data Modeling/ Data Dictionary Standards, and 2 sets of SWIFT Data Rules.
Senior Capital Markets Officer
- Managed all technological and business aspects of sales, not attended to by the Sales Executives, including relations with officers at clients and potential clients and communication between clients and Confidential ’s R&D department
- Applied the Confidential Financial Services Logical Data Model to clients’ projects
- Created and presented technical topics; wrote white papers.
- Responsible for $1M of business results.
- For Standard & Poor’s: redesigned a domestic database for global application.
- For Credit Suisse: modeled global trades, risk exposure, trade posting, and trade settlement using Confidential ’s Financial Services Data Model
- Augmented the Derivatives subject area of the FS-LDM and it was adopted by Confidential