A bountiful career of practical hands - on experience in all facets of the data processing discipline and business resumption planning. Proven leadership qualities and, through direct performance, contribution and participation, a thorough understanding of the systems development life-cycle, budget development, inventory and financial accountability, the procurement processes, and the development of strategic recovery plans, ITR contingency plans, and business resumption plans. Projects ranged in size from the entire enterprise through divisions and business units down to an individual’s specific need.
HARDWARE/SOFTWARE: IBM and UNISYS mainframes, HP 3000/44, HP 3000/70, DEC/ALPHA, IBM Netfinity 3500, DMS1100, MAPPER, ALC, DB2, CICS-COBOL, Oracle 8.0, SQL server, UNIX, Windows NT, Windows 95POWERHOUSE, COGNOS Impromptu, COGNOS PowerPlay, PowerBuilder, FoxPro, Iconic Query, LotusNotes, Novell 4.01, Excel/Unify, Microsoft Office, dBase IV, BASIC, Mark IV, and ADABAS/NATURAL.
- Provided individual counseling and assistance to individuals who were interested in becoming potential providers of goods and/or services to the Confidential government.
- Built relationships such that the business can compete for, win and successfully complete Confidential business opportunities.
- As needed, assisted individuals in preparing responses to Confidential contracting opportunity announcements.
Confidential, North Carolina
- Provided guidance and direction as part of the governing body in the day-to-day operations of the town as well as future planning for growth and the continuance of services to the citizens.
- Was an active member, developed the Town’s Emergency
- Response Plan and ensured the fiscal stability of the town through budget preparation and auditability.
Principal Consultant/Contingency Planner
- Responsible for developing the full range of Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Plans for client organizations.
- These efforts include the completion of risk analysis studies, business impact assessments, mini-audits for financial accountability and completeness, documenting business continuity/disaster recovery plans, and accomplishing training, exercises and maintenance activities.
- Participated in the development of the Business Continuity Program and assisted in its implementation in over 1,000 Confidential offices.
- Implementation of the program required each office to complete and submit their Business Continuity and Resumption Plans.
- To assist in this effort, various templates were developed and distributed to ensure fiscal and physical accountability.
- During the last six months I reviewed the plans for compliance and evaluated them for content, completeness, and accuracy.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Developed responsive, practical and workable disaster contingency and recovery plans for public and private sector clients.
- I completed Risk Analysis studies and audit reports, Business Impact Assessments (BIAs), Off-Site Work Assessments, Alternate Site Locations Studies, Continuity of Operation Plans (COOPs), Information Technology (IT) COOPS and supporting Disaster Recovery Manuals, and a variety of supporting plans and studies.
- I facilitated COOP training and recovery exercises.
Confidential, Fairborn, OH
- I was responsible for the development, validation and implementation. The Confidential was an organizational level plan focused on permitting the Center to carry out its core business processes in the event there was a denial of access to the automated systems.
- Audits of computer operations, automated systems and supporting communications were completed.
- My ability to quickly understand business processes and functionality was an asset in developing and prioritizing alternate processing procedures for core business processes.
- The COOP contains the activities the Center will take should it experience a natural or man-made catastrophic event that would cause a denial of access to the workspaces.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Manager, Systems Operations
- Developed and implemented a server-based decision support Data Reporting System (DRS) founded on an IBM Netfinity server using the Windows NT operating system, an Oracle RDBMS, and a suite of COGNOS developed applications using Impromptu and PowerPlay. Served as Systems Administrator, DBA and Security Officer for the respective software products.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Information Systems Consultant
- Assisted clients in implementing information technology solutions in response to changing business requirements; developed Strategic Information Technology plans and Management Information Plans; and documented Disaster Recovery/Business Resumption plans.