- Accomplished senior analyst and team lead with 15+ years of experience in BA, QA, PM, and Product Owner roles on government and commercial projects gathering and defining requirements for the development, implementation, and integration of custom software following the Agile or Waterfall methodologies in formal SDLC environment, including functional, systems, regression, and User Acceptance testing.
- Capturing business activities flow (BPM) for the business transactions using MS Visio or other diagramming application in support of defining system requirements and improving the business processes.
Technology Product Owner
- Work closely with the business to understand the needs of our customers (internal and external) to help design, build, and maintain world - class solutions.
- Create functional requirements, acceptance criteria via user stories, and defining solutions to resolve business needs.
- Work with diverse set of contractors, internal personnel, and vendor on a day to day basis to ensure the output to be aligned with expectations.
- Conduct Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, daily scrum call (in absence of Scrum Master); backlog grooming sessions with development team.
- Assist in creating deployment checklist for major development release for features developed by the team.
- Coordinate with external vendor/resources for multiple projects; responsible for status, support/resolve vendor issues, conduct meeting, general site-setup, general support, and testing activity.
- Identify issues and provide technical insight to identify the cause of failures.
- Responsible for collaborating with dedicated Core System Analysts to obtain understanding and knowledge of the Core Systems landscape and how it interacts with Customer-facing solutions.
Sr Business Analyst
- Created BA on-boarding/welcome document to be used for as orientation package, which included roles, responsibility, applications/tools used by BA, best practices, training links, templates, forms, & standards links.
- Gathered IT functional requirements, as well as for other departments effecting our product, such as Content, Marketing, Legal, Communications, Branding, Data, UI/UX, & Accounting using ADO application.
- Captured all future requirements as per the Product Owner’s vision of the product.
- Provided input on product web site user design for mobile device on UI/UX, fields, labels, page rendering, & content displaying.
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders to gather and document the current state of product; aided Project Manager with scheduling meetings, setup product workshop, and capture action items during meetings.
- Worked with PM on establishing timeline of deliverable from the 3rd party vendor.
- Coordinated with Legal team to create contracts for different type of agreements/contracts, such as Coaching, Content, User Generated contents, Contracts w/License, Contracts w/o License, and Co-developed license.
- Review test scenarios, test plans, and test results produced by development team
- Performed QA on the product created by the 3rd party vendor and provided comments.
- Analyzed business related issues or problem to enhance the existing technology with new solutions through the analytical tools and techniques, business process knowledge, and technical aptitude.
- Developed and maintained internal department customer’s relationship for the support of the project.
Sr Business Analyst/QA
- Worked on a Global Wealth Platform application adhering to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) in a development team environment which includes Product Owner (PO), Developer, Tech Leads, and Scrum Master where collaborating in the design, planning, testing, and development of the functionality.
- Gathered and documented the requirements by converting the business need into Business level and functional level requirements for the features/functionality committed to be delivered.
- Created/reviewed Test Strategy Plan with Business team for any gaps either in the process or testing flow.
- Worked in a team environment with Product Owner, Developer, Tech Leads, & Scrum Master collaborating in the design, planning, and development of the functionality.
- Used Postman application to perform testing of Restful Services.
- Used gap analysis method to assess the difference in business process and the software application to determine if the business requirements are being met or not.
- Performed testing of UI components, following established standards for navigation, screen validation, usability conditions, date & numeric fields formats, object states, and data verification.
- Conducted product testing on hand held device such as iPad, for comparison and validating of the functionality, UI/UX design, branding, responsiveness, accessibility, and ease of usability.
- Tracked team defects from all test phases (Development, System, UAT); Worked with team members to find resolution and validate issues.
- Conducted bi-weekly meeting in absence of the QA manager.
- Provided demonstration of the functionality developed in a sprint in absence of the Product Owner.
- Expert in capturing process, such as existing BA/QA processes, roles & responsibilities, to be used by new members during initial days of on boarding; created step by step quick procedures guide for certain application; standardized the steps on how to capture defects for entire team.
- Created feature files for Cucumber-Selenium automation script to be converted for nightly automation test.
- Active member of the SEI Test Champions Community of Practice, working with other analysts in defining and improving testing process.
- Supported management during interview process by screening/interviewing candidates for hiring decisions.
Sr Business Systems/QA Analyst
- Facilitated the gathering of requirements with stakeholder via analysis, group meetings, surveys, site visits, use cases or work flow analysis for complex applications and products to produce functional requirements.
- Developed statement of work, vision documentation, and other SDLC related validation documents.
- Served as liaison between project stakeholders, i.e. Client Services, Science, and technical/data management team on multiple projects.
- Supported the product release by testing in staging and production environment prior to release; testing to be conducted on off hour.
- Configured the study in different testing environments, System Test & UAT, per the requirements.
- Supported the end users, Clinical trial users conducting UAT testing, with helping them to navigate the application, troubleshoot problems, and capture their issues/recommendations for the performance of the application.
- Requested latest build on flash drive, build laptops and perform QC on the MS Surface device for remote & on-site UAT testers.
- Assisted with project planning, scoping, management, resource allocation and planning.
- Created test scenarios, reviews test scripts against requirements, and approve test scripts.
- Execute test script for operational testing, write up issues, work with developers on resolution, and provide results on testing.
- Supported Onshore/Offshore testing activities such as: scheduling tests, providing application support, troubleshooting issues, capturing issues/bugs in Team Foundation Server (TFS), gathering testers’ status, and rescheduling testing activities.
- Composed summary report for the overall study and for the scales at end of project.
- Facilitated and managed the review and approval of test results, and all SDLC validation documents.
- Familiarity with 21 CFR Part 11 and GCP (Good Clinical Practice)
- Worked closely with project management and software developers to resolve technical issues.