- Led organization through digital transformation and directly managed large system development for digital customer facing applications including websites, mobile apps, and other digital offerings.
- Reduced contractor resource expenses by 60% by targeted staff development and training.
- Established and managed Business Continuity Plan which includes routinely tested disaster recovery and pandemic plans.
- Implemented several initiatives to improve IT stability and maturity focused on increasing productivity. Ensured monthly systems availability was at or above 98%.
- Focused on leading the company’s transition from web development services to application/product service delivery.
- Grew the IT team from 15 to 110 members to support the LOB’s explosive success and growth. Led technology planning, implementation of best practices, while governing control and ensuring objectives are achieved. Risk and budget management, resource allocation, project prioritization, and research and recommendation of new systems.
- Led strategic plans and overall management of all IT projects. Run risk assessments on all technology systems, projects and vendors across the LOBs. Provide technology vision and leadership for the development and implementation of initiatives. Implemented change management procedures and coordinated efforts to streamline operability between business operations and systems.
- Led multiyear roadmap crafting and execution for large technology initiatives utilizing demand management and impact matrix aligned across multiple line of businesses.
- Reduced monthly technology expenditures by 50% through modernization initiative i.e. decommissioning of PSI/VSI utilizing hybrid cloud strategy (Public/Private Cloud) and evolving the new banking architecture (Event Driven Architecture).
- Led technology programs for Asset Management Products, Virtual Assistant/Live Chat, middleware (SOAP, RESTful) infrastructure, New Banking Architecture Adoption - Photon/Micro Services, Public Cloud Migration (AWS), RPA-Robotics Process Automation utilizing open sources and leading edge technologies like Java8, C#, Python, Kafka, Cassandra, SQL Server, MapReduce, Hadoop.
- Re-architecture of organization’s digital banking platforms (Photon/Microservice, Cloud Migration).
- Led portfolio of products utilizing multiple scrum team using Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and DevOps methodologies (CI/CD) across multiple Line of Businesses.
- Built & managed PMO team from “ground up.” consisting Program/Project Mgrs., QA, Release Mgmt. & Business Analysts. Provided mentoring, coaching & development of PM, BA and QA teams in leadership capacity.
- Guided teams in their career progression by providing coaching, training and mentorship around new technologies and engineering practices (TDD, ATDD, Agile-Scrum/Kanban)
- Led enterprise architecture team and created ARB (Architecture Review Board)
Architecture: Event Driven, SOA, MVC, Light Weight
Methodology: DevOps, Agile (Scrum, Kanban), RUP, Waterfall, V-Shaped
Cloud: AWS (Public), GAIA (Private), Kubernetes, Lambda, SNS, RDS, S3
SW Languages: Java, J2EE, J2ME, C#, Visual Basic, PL/SQL, Spark, MapReduce, Python, Kafka, Rabbitmq
Open Sources Frameworks: Spring, Spring boot, Rest, Apache CXF, Apache Axis, Apache Struts, JSF, Hibernate, Selenium, Jenkins
DB: Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, Oracle, DB2, MySQL
ETL/BI Tools: Cognos, Informatica, Business Objects
Sr. Technology Program Head
- Program Management - Worked with multiple LOBs on demand management to create multi yearly product/program roadmap by utilizing high level impact matrix and prioritization around customer impact, risk, regulatory-compliance-legal impact and operational efficiency. Led budgeting, forecasting, demand management and process improvement initiatives.
- Team Leadership - Manage team of 25+ across US, Europe and Hong Kong in transforming existing legacy landscape to Cloud based solution, reducing the attribution and performance computations for Fixed Income/Equities from hours to minutes. Built T-Shaped development and management environment to support business faster utilizing Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and DevOps methodologies. Built team of 100+ technologists from scratch for Asset Management as Columbus Hub lead supporting 5 line of businesses.
- Cloud Migration - Led the execution of strategy for hybrid multi-phased Cloud migration to decommission PSI/VSI, saving millions in infrastructure cost. Built and managed cloud native applications utilizing concepts of Micro Services, MapReduce, Photon, Kafka, Cassandra and event driven architecture
- Engineering - Global Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities product development across UA, EMEA and APAC. Led the implementation of 13 key patterns around Business Context, Reactive Design, Observed Behavior, Secured Interaction, Legacy Integration, and Continuous Fulfillment to adopt new banking architecture. Build 24/7 application and infrastructure support model
Sr. Technology Program Manager / Engineering Lead
- Program Management - Led strategy and implementation of Chase’s Virtual Assistant / Live Chat, BMW (Business Middleware) capabilities. Evolved infrastructure and technology stack to support millions of customers and save millions in operational cost.
- Team Leadership - Managed multiple agile development teams and delivered various customer journeys across multiple product lines (KYC-Know your customer and SCRA) in mortgage originations and servicing using concepts of event driven highly scalable new banking architecture.
- Engineering - Led implementation of cognitive engine to support Chase’s digital channels, voice channels, kiosks and messaging apps to increase customer experience and traffic.
- Led strategy and implementation of data ecosystem to support digital transformation and build channels to securely access data by multiple line of businesses.
- Led transformation of CCB Business Middleware Services by aligning current services to target product domains and migrating to New Banking Architecture (Photon / Micro-Services), Cloud migration, Robotics, and API management initiatives.
- Built highly scalable business services and enabled through API Gateway, DataPower, SOAP/Restful web services and microservice, currently housing 3500 services.
- Automated 280 manual workarounds across Mortgage banking unitizing concepts of Robotic Process Automation
Director IT - Distinguished Engineer
- Led business and Technology process improvement initiatives.
- Led major initiative to merge CVS and Caremark by rolling out $14M IT program around new process design and development to introduce product to market using concepts of BPR/BPM with Java/J2EE, Pega, Lombardi and SOA architecture
- Led software development, technical architecture, builds, CI/CD across all environments using best practices of Agile. Lead team of 16+ direct reports with total of 57+ resources included project managers, architects, business analysts and developers in on/off shore model.
- Streamlined processes to make sure change meets PMO compliance by identifying the KPIs.