- Over 13.5 years of Experience in Development and Production support in IT.
- Experienced in Banking, Telecom, Healthcare, Manufacturing, GIS and Retail.
- Proficient in SQL, Oracle Spatial, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i - 10g-11g.
- Proficient in PL/SQL programming - Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages,Triggers,Collection, SQL tuning, and creation of Oracle Objects - Tables, Views, Materialized Views, Sequences, Database Links, and User Defined Data Types.
- Experienced in Oracle Automatic Diagnostics Pack and AWR Report.
- Experience in advanced PL/SQL concepts like Bulk collect, PL/SQL tables, Cursors and Dynamic SQL for DML operations for better performance.
- Extensively used DDL, DML operations in support and enhancement activities.
- Expertise in Tools such as SQL Developer, TOAD for Oracle SQL.
- Experience with Partitioning of Tables like Range, List, Hash, Interval partitioning etc.
- Expertise in Queries, fine tuning of Queries using Explain Plan and unit testing.
- Used package like DBMS STATS, UTL FILE and UTL MAIL.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Created System Requirement Document (SRD) and Functional Specification Document (FSD)
- Lead manage offshore teams
- An organized, hardworking, and highly motivated professional, with strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to perform individually or as a dedicated team member
Software: Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g Spatial, PL/SQL, VB, Sql Server
Tools: Developer 2000, Forms and Reports 10g, Crystal Report
Domain Experience: Domain in Utility, Banking, Railway Financial Management System, Material Management and Retail Management System
Confidential, Rosemead, California
- Gathering and working on requirements and creating functional specifications, with the business team.
- Converting business logic, validation and rules into Technical design document.
- Developed Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers etc.
- Preparation of logical Data model using Enterprise Architect tool.
- Identification of long running SQLs generated from AutoCAD Map3D, ESRI Arc GIS etc. using AWR report.
- SQL query tuning using different techniques like Explain plan, Optimizer hints, Parallelism etc.
- Partition of large tables.
- Baselining of SQL execution plan.
- Pl/SQL performance tuning using best practices.
- Creation of thousands of complex views as part Data mart.
- SQL and PL/SQL code review for the entire team before sending to QA team.
- Participation in UAT.
- Work distribution among the offshore team members.
- Preparation of weekly project status report.
Environment: UNIX - on Database Server, Oracle 11g PL/SQL, Enterprise Architect
Confidential, Rosemead, California
Technology Lead/Technology Analyst
- Understanding the Requirements and Analysis of the specifications provided by the clients
- Query Tuning With implementation-> Usage of Hints
- Monitoring the database health with STATSPACK Report and TKPROF
- Analysing of Indexes
- PL/SQL extensively for producing Billing reports and reports for statutory
- Design and Development
- Database management
- Testing - unit testing & integration testing
- Responsible for overseeing the Quality procedures related to the project.
- Exports, Imports and working with Global temporary and External Tables.
Environment: UNIX - on Database Server, Windows 2003 Server -on Application Server, Windows XP pro-on client machines, Oracle 10g and PL/SQL as Back-end and VB.Net
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked as a PL/SQL developer.
- Production support for FinOne product.
- User query handling and Fixing bugs and enhancements.
- Creation of new user interface using Oracle 10g Forms and Reports as part of minor release.
- Co-ordination with QA team.
Environment: UNIX - on Database Server, Red hat 4 Linux -on Application Server, Windows XP pro-on client machines, Oracle 10g and PL/SQL as Back-end and iDS as Front-end tool.
- Preparation of SRS document interacting with business team.
- Detailed level design document and approval.
- Data migration from MF COBOL to Oracle 10g using SQL*Loader.
- Creation of GUI using Oracle Forms and Reports.
- Creation and maintenance of multiple database schema.
- Leading and mentoring development team.
- Regular client interaction.
Environment: Red hat 4 Linux - on Database Server, Red hat 4 Linux -on Application Server, Windows XP pro-on client machines, Oracle 10g and PL/SQL as Back-end and iDS as Front-end tool.
- Production support for MMIS and AFRES module.
- Root Cause Analysis of production issues and providing temporary and permanent fixes for data as well as program.
- Develop PL/SQL Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Packages to implement business requirements.
- Worked extensively on different types of transformations like expression, union, filter, aggregator, update strategy, lookup, stored procedure, sequence generator, Normalizer and joiner.
- Built and maintained SQL Scripts, Indexes, reports and queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Understand requirements through regular interaction with business analysts and end users at client’s office.
Environment: Tru64 UNIX - on Database Server, Windows 2003-on Application Server, Windows XP pro-on client machines, Oracle 9i and PL/SQL as Back-end and Developer 2000 as Front-end tool.
- Understand games rules for Cycling, Diving and Judo events and convert into technical specification.
- Design and coding for the modified GUI.
Environment: Windows 2003-on Application Server and Database Server, Windows XP pro-on client machines, Sql Server as Back-end and VB as Front-end tool