- Delivered Multiple Dimensional Data Warehouses using primarily SQL server as the database and Various ETL tools Such as Informatica, Abinitio and SSIS.
- Developed a Road Map and Data Strategy for the Re - platforming of the Current Reference Master Architecture (Security/Pricing/ Corporate Actions) Architecture.
- Designed an Integration Architecture Between Legacy Systems and the New Platform.
- Evaluated Vendors for Both New Reference Master and New Investment Accounting Products and Ran Multiple Proof of Concept Projects Successfully.
- Started Developing Analytical Processes for Early Detection of Client Dissatisfaction.
- Designed and the Architecture of the Asset management data warehouse, Managed a team of 3 Developers and Business Analysts
Data Warehouse: Design/Architecture, Dimensional Modeling, ODS Modeling, Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema
Cloud Architecture: Microsoft Azure
Business Intelligence Tools: Microstrategy 9, PowerBI
Data Modeling Tools: ERWIN All Fusion r7.2, ER Studio 8, Visio
ETL Tools: Informatica 5.x and 6.x, Abinitio GDE 1.14.33/2.14.102 , SSIS
Relational Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/20162018 , SQL Agent, Oracle 8.i & 9.i, 10G, Toad 11
Data Warehousing Methodologies: Kimball, Bill Inmon
Statistical Software: SAS, SPSS
Exposure to: Python with PyTorch and SciKit Learn
Confidential, Farmington/NY, CT
- Working with Developers in Singapore to Define and Redesign the Existing Datawarehouse Architecture in SQL Server and SSIS.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Director, Data Architecture
- Was Responsible for setting the EDM (Enterprise Data Management, Security Master, Pricing Master etc.) and Data Warehouse Data Architecture/Data Science Strategy for Confidential
- Security Master and Data Warehouse Product Selection/Current Vs Future States
- Analyzed the Current Reference Master Data Architecture and Identified the GAPs
- Developed Data Architecture Roadmap for Reference Master and Data Warehouse Implementation for the Replacement of the Current Architecture
- Proposed a Future State Architecture Based on Current State Architecture Assessment and Recommended Off the Shelf Securities Reference Master Platform
- Request for Proposal and Requirements Definition for the Vendor Proof of Concepts
- Created an RFP by Meeting with Various Groups within Confidential
- Defined Requirements and Success Criteria for the Proof of Concept
- Answered Vendor Questions to Ensure Proof of Concepts Requirements and Success Criteria were Well Defined
- Vendor Proof of Concept Set up/Requirements Definition
- Coordinated Multiple POCs with Various EDM (Enterprise Data Management) Vendors, These POCs were Set up Either on the Cloud or on Site
- Defined Requirements
- Worked on Developing a Predictive Model for Early Identification of Confidential ’s Clients’ Dissatisfaction
- Started Working on Last 10 years of Holdings Data to Identify Trends in Client AUM and Correlate that to Client Retention, so that Flags can be Raised Early Before a Client Leaves Confidential
Confidential, New York City/Wilton, CT
Data Architect Manager
- Responsible for Defining Data Strategies and Implementation of a Valuation Data Mart using Confidential ’s Investments Data.
- Designed and Developed Tools to Use this Data Mart to Support Reconciliation of Confidential ’s Fixed Income and
- Designed a Staging, an ODS and Data Mart Architecture for the Pricing data Mart
- Designed and Architected Various Daily, Monthly and Quarterly Reports that were Created from this Data Mart
- Designed Fact-Less Fact Tables and Integrated Degenerate Dimensions into the Fact Table for Quick Reporting and Analysis
- Daily Trade Blotter Report Design, Architecture and Development
- Designed and Architected and Implemented in SQL Server 2008 an Automated Daily Trade Blotter Report for Post Trade Compliance Purposes
- The Blotter Report Compared the Golden Copy Price to the Trade Execution Price to Look for Exceptions
- Designed and Integrated Complex Rules for Structured Products such as CMBS, RMBS and CLOs and Back Dated Trades
- Data Integration, Transformation and Standardization for Valuation Architecture for the Data Mart
- Developed and Designed Data Integration & Transformation Architecture Among Various Data Sources - such as the Security Master, the Pricing Master Data, Several Other Pricing Databases
- Designed and Developed Multiple Pricing Reports with Complex Business Rules and Pricing Hierarchy Based on Various
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation, Data Audit & Controls
- Multifaceted/Multilevel 10K/10Q Reconciliations by Asset Class: Created a Multi-Step Process that Reconciled the Marked to Market Fixed Income and Equity Securities from an Unadjusted Month End Market Value to the Adjusted Market Value that Reconciles to the 10k/10Q Market Value
- Market Value Reconciliation: Identified the Factors needed (in addition to Price and Notional) to Validate the Market Values in the Data Warehouse.
- Sovereign Short-Term Bonds Analysis & Price Derivation
- Identified the Short Term Corporate and Emerging Market Bonds that might have had an Out of Tolerance Price
- Used Algorithmics’s Risk Watch Software in Conjunction with SQL Server to Derive a Price for these Securities
- Calculated the Impact of Due to Pricing Anomalies and Checked the Impact Against Tolerance to Identify Trades that Needed to be Looked at
- New FAS 157 Rules Engine Development and Impact Analysis
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Designed Staging Area, ODS, Data Warehouse, Data Mart for State Reporting
- Created Data Warehouse Architecture containing Dimensions, Facts, Fact-Less Facts & Degenerate Dimensions
- Designed and ODS architecture that is more normalized that enables us to store detailed member information
- Designed a “Switch Table” technique to Convert Source Data into a Star Schema
- Designed a normalized (Snow Flake) member dimension