- To secure a distribution management position where my ability to manage all operations, develop, retain and enhance employee relations which will reduce turn over, reduce operating costs, improve productivity, accuracy, and other measured activities are utilized. I possess excellent communication skills, superior customer service capabilities and foster high - quality internal/external customer relations. I am seeking a company that can demonstrate a forward-thinking business model which also includes the ability to change rapidly to meet the demands of customer satisfaction up to and including being willing to spend capital to achieve those goals.
Director of Special Projects
- Lead the move of ThinkGeek from Columbus OH to Shepherdsville KY and implemented new WMS operating system in less than two months. Managed the startup of operations at the Confidential Shepherdsville KY DC along with the installation of three-story conveyor picking tower. Successfully executed ThinkGeek’s first peak season at Shepherdsville KY DC by meeting and exceeding the established Service Level Agreement.
- Implemented Women’s Leadership Counsel at Confidential Shepherdsville DC where I taught classes on various subjects such as “How to overcome fear”, “Emotional Intelligence” and more.
- Lead the Employee Activities Committee and developed the “House Cup” challenge where distribution teams competed for House Cup points which will eventually lead to winning the “House Cup” at the end of the year.
- Subject Matter Expert on the WM system for the Louisville facility and corporate Product Manager for all WM system facilities.
- Successfully implemented Microsoft Navision in 7 international Confidential Distribution Centers and lead the onsite teams during and after go-live.
- Successfully lead the upgrade of PkMS to WM on an AS/400 platform.
- Formerly responsible for daily operations of both inventory control (2 shifts) and web (2 shifts) departments. 3 direct reports and 21indirect reports. Successfully implemented PkMS WMS system within the first 6 months of employment.
- Redesigned the web department four times and physically relocated the department within the facility three times within 3 years due to growth. Cross-trained in all first shift operations.
- Generated departmental standard operating procedure manuals. Implemented a PkMS documented issues and resolutions manual.
- Increased units shipped per hour from 18 to 33 in the web department. Annual physical inventories have been completed in less than 4 hours. Completed Dale Carnegie Management training classes and Six Sigma Greenbelt training.
- Received excellent annual review ratings each year of employment with Confidential .
- Responsible for all distribution operations including retail and direct distribution in a 400,000 sq. ft. facility with 12 direct reports and 75 indirect reports.
- Improved retail operations with installation of in line overhead scanner and implemented wave picking which resulted in reduction of transportation and internal labor costs of 10%.
- Implemented additional small package carrier to the direct operation, which reduced shipping costs by 8%.
- Championed and lead the opening of the outlet store on site, which resulted in quick inventory liquidation and ranked among the top 25 stores company wide for sales. Conducted the local marketing campaign, which tripled the weekly sales from opening to present.