PRPC WORK EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- I documented and demoed solution to the Director of Servicing Capabilities.
- Created an activity based procedure to first each decision table via Obj - Browse method where business logic was coded and then proceed to retrieve all the potential scenarios where the logic was faulty.
- After that I used correspondence rules and jsp tags to render the output into a word document. As an alternative method to dynamically update the cells in the decision tables with issues, I created a screen flow to let the user find a given property, update them, and then commit the change into the PEGA DB.
- Also after the change was completed the user had the option to receive an email - using EMAIL service rule- containing a report on all the changes effected.
- Saved this reusable code in a dedicated Ruleset and RuleSetversion.
- Creation of SOAP Connect and .NET Connect rules for cc and credit rating data with web service security
- Creation and update of Data Tables
- Localization of rules for the US and the UK markets
- Activities using Show - Stream, -Work.Show-Harness methods to render UI via Harness and other using API Engine activities
- Wrapper sections, flow actions, and local flow actions
- Rule Declare Expressions, Decision Tables, Data Transforms
- Proposal of model for identification of business rules by using decision tables, activities, list views, and designated rules
- Setup the rules to deploy IAC for WSP
- Unit tested in Development (E0), Integration (E1), LinuxServer (E1) and checked the client-server request-responses were successful
- Used SOAP UI to test communication with external server using new credentials
- Debugged errors using the PEGA logs, Tracer and implemented fixes.
- Utilized Log-Message method and Java APO oLog to calculate the server response time when requesting data from service and parsing the response to clipboard Int- class properties and later on to Data- class properties
- Created Product Files - which also contained data elements-, locked Ruleset Versions
- Created Ruleset, Ruleset Versions and Classes for the Business Rules Team
- Monitored regularly the RuleSet Version prerequisites of the RuleSets used on each sprint and updated the RuleSet Stack of each Application Version accordingly
- Created new operator IDs for new developers joining the team
- Assisted the Data Warehouse team and several other stakeholders with the implementation of a Data Mart to capture Business Intelligence from an existing Rules Engine solution coded in PRPC.
- Captured all data elements needed from the application to extract meaningful information, designed project-critical database schema and relationship diagram.
- Drafted database relationship diagram in MS Access 2007 for 266 data elements located in different classes within ROADS PRPC application (Work-Folder, Work-Cover, Covered Work Object)
- Assisted with the analysis on best methodology to extract the data from PRPC ( .csv vs. xml)
- Drafted SQL QUERIES in SQL Server 2008 used to retrieve data successfully stored in the Data Warehouse for users to consume
- Created Data-Extract rules
- Led and managed systems support team.
- Formalized metrics to measure delivery of fixes and recurrence of defects.
- After a month, the rate of successful fixes tripled and the recurrence of defects decreased by 60 %.
- Later, I released a solution to systematically document changes so that stakeholders keep rigorous track of the undergoing changes to the application; perceived by other departments as a successful reshape of my client’s image.
- Optimized client organization to prevent potential synchronization issues across 3 different platforms that were not compatible technologically but had to work in unison to manage Confidential credit card dispute process.
- Spun off the ROADS Support Team to handle bugs production bugs and deploy fixes in a biweekly basis
- Creation of the Release Manager role. I was assigned to this role in August 2011
- Creation of Decision Tables, Rule Declare Expressions, use of JAVA functions
- Update of Data Tables
- Creation of properties
- Creation of RuleSet Versions
- Creation of customized Document Wizard for the client to report of all the decision tables created per release. The code was stored in a designated RuleSet Version to be reused across Confidential PRPC’s applications
- Creation of customized Automated Unit Testing application to assess the sequence of decision tables executes correctly and report the results to testers by email
- Creation of Amex Pega utilities to systematically read, insert, modify, and delete entries in bulk in existing Database Tables linked to different Pega applications.
- Packaged rules in separate RuleSet and deployed into Pega systems as a Component Application.
- The main activities of this tool use Obj-Browse, Obj-Open/OpenByHandle, Obj-Delete-by-Handle, and Commit methods to execute the mentioned actions.
- These activities are called from a Rule-Service-File rule that reads an excel/csv file that contains the name of the tables, the data elements to query, and the action requested for each row in the file. Added steps in File service and Activity rules to handle exceptions and log messages in case of errors.
- Users used File Service unit test feature to execute procedure; however, for full automation, I added a File listener pointing to a server folder where the incoming csv files were uploaded.
- Unit tested in Development (E0), Integration (E1), and User Acceptance Testing (E2) and participated in E2, and Production deployment and testing meetings
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- We presented the client with a new application to replace its existing credit card dispute system.
- The application was coded atop PRPC’s Smart Dispute framework for Acquirers version 5.5.
- I customized the main decision tree and decision table rules, updated CONNECT SQL rules and log in screen UI
- Deployed PRPC 5.5 on Apache Tomcat 7 with Oracle 9i. To feed the framework with new data, created a SQL store procedure to insert values on the database tables consumed by the framework
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Setup on Apache Tomcat 7 with SQL Server 2008 and PRPC 6.1 for E0
- Architected classes using a Folder and Cover and creating circumstance rules based on state specific policies
- Created the main flow rules
- Created Flow Action, Validate and Section Rules
- Utilized activities to execute ETL and later process the data according to the business requirements
- Used File Service Rule XML and File Listener to consume data and parse it into the clipboard for further processing. Alternatively, used the File Service for CSV files and fixed column TXT files
- Developed a series of declarative rules (Declare Expressions, Declare on Change, Decision Table, Decision Tree, Map Values) to code the state policies. Utilized custom Edit Validate Rules and JAVA functions to assess the content of the data elements processed within the declarative rules
- Created SOAP connect rules and activities to send the amended information to the respective insurance departments
- Customer Service Dashboard is an application for a consumer good product companies to manage customer, inventory, ordering and payment transactions.
- I participated in two use cases: Search and Retrieve.
- Setup on Apache Tomcat 7 with SQL Server 2008 and PRPC 6.1 for E0
- Created SOAP CONNECT rules
- Created the main flow and flow action rules