- Highly experienced, commercially focused leader with deep expertise across technical and team leadership arenas, with concentrated experience in lending and banking services; dual - officer serving multiple banking entities.
- Results-driven technical expert focused on implementation of innovative and industry-standard platforms that drive revenues, define and improve straight-through-processing, and reduce costs.
- Track record of success leading technology teams through inception, planning and execution of large-scale projects and programs in fast-paced, complex environments.
- Skilled troubleshooter and problem solver sharply focused on identifying, isolating, resolving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues.
Hardware: Multiple distributed platforms, IBM mainframes
Head of Corporate and Finance Technology
- Defined and executing on strategy to establish global best-of-breed platforms for Product Ordering and Billing while eliminating legacy and redundant platforms
- Successfully delivered the Quote-to-Cash and Virtual Back Office programs focused on standardizing product offerings, pricing models, data/usage collection, and functionality to improve cross-selling opportunities while accelerating time-to-market for global lines of business
- Redefined and implemented modern Contract Life Cycle Management, Revenue Recognition and core Financial processing platforms
- Defined joint-ventures with software service providers to create “Powered by D&B” services and branding for contracting, supplier, procurement and financial processing platforms
- Worked closely with COO to drastically improve quality of the Data Supply Chain utilizing RPA to expand data sourcing, scoring, and evaluation capabilities while lowering operational costs.
- Modernized the CFT team by identifying and installing new leadership, insourcing key technology and domain knowledge, establishing and staffing a “captive” location and implementing a capacity-based delivery model to service the technology needs of the organization
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify, assess, and streamline processes to drive business operations. Identify and execute on technology opportunities that promote growth, capacity, and efficiency. Evaluate industry and technology trends and threats to improve capabilities and performance. Manage vendor and partner relationships.
- Manage a high-performing global technology team consisting of developers, business analyst, QA, and support staff based in US, Canada, UK, and India to delivery internally developed and purchased software and services.
- Transforming antiquated Loan Servicing and Funding tasks to state-of-the-art fully-automated procedures utilizing fpML, Loan IQ, STAX, and MarkIT infrastructure, driving capacity and improved client servicing.
- Implementing Fund Transfer Pricing using Java, DB2, and MQ to execute, manage and mitigate interest rate risk transfers at loan level across Loan, Risk, Treasury, and Finance platforms - reducing firm capital exposure.
- Conducting a POC utilizing Ethereum smart-contracts to accelerate Resi Loan cash-transfer and settlement times.
- Modernizing manual loan origination and recording by using Extractor RPA and Workfusion ML technologies to digitize, categorize and load credit agreements into Loan IQ, reducing error rates and manual servicing cycles.
- Conceptualized, architected, and executed $32M program that rationalized and transformed firmwide lending platforms. Using PEGA and common-services-based architectures, integrated or eliminated redundant capabilities/functions and modernized technologies; efforts resulted in increased capacity and revenues, faster processing times, simplified architectures, and a lower cost of ownership.
- Designed and deployed data management technologies that fostered the global Loan Data strategy and governance for all front-to-back functions. Using MarkLogic, DB2, and Sybase databases, layered by a set of internally developed common services (APIs) that manage publication, retrieval, and entitlements, the container sources data and serves the needs of multiple groups that require the consistent content and lineage of related loan data at any time point.
- Digitized and exposed collateral management processes using KDB, MarkLogic, and Angular JS to expedite and improve client funding experiences for Secured Lending clients.
- Reduced settlement time by 50% and increased trade processing through-put by 300% by using fpML and MQ to automate corporate lending trade processing, allocation, settlement, inventory reporting, and CLO data references.
- Introduced Agile methodologies and a combined operating model to increase flexibility, transparency and predictability for project planning, execution, and delivery.
- Adopted usage of JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, Docker, and other DevOps tools for team development efforts and deployments to ensure quality and stability for software releases. Standardized tech-stacks slashing developer error rates by 80%
- Slashed regression testing time 75% by using UFT/QTP to automate testing - improving quality, stability and client satisfaction.
- Virtualized and consolidated development/test environments resulting in 28% cost reduction of infrastructure costs.
- Consistently achieved overall 'highly satisfactory' departmental ratings (above 80%) on employee satisfaction surveys.
- Determined, negotiated and managed annual technology budgets ($22M) to align with client demands and priorities.
- Define metrics and KPIs, and ensure compliance to governance models, standards, and industry regulations.
- Architected and delivered tax withholding and reporting systems for Equities, Fixed Income, and Derivative Groups in Retail and Institutional Divisions
- Developed industry-leading platform using Java and J-Rules to consolidate multiple tax withholding/reporting solutions onto single platform, ensure compliance with new IRS and International regulatory requirements. Realized $5M in annual savings and drove error rates down to an industry-leading rate of less than 3%.
- Devised and oversaw a “follow-the-sun” support model to support all functional and technology areas
Vice President/ Delivery Manager
- Recruited and led teams of 22 staff across development, operational, and functional groups to develop and implement new business initiatives with $17M value over three years.
- Identified and architected integration points for Confidential, PeopleSoft HR, corporate directories, GL and AP systems, capital budget systems, Peregrine Service Center and Asset Center.
- Conceptualized and deployed global support model for 60K users.