- Over 7+ years of IT experience in software design and implementation and support on Workday Human Resource Management System.
- Workday Integration with more than 5 years of experience in understanding the Business Process Flows, Case Tools, Business Analysis and transforming them into Workday designs.
- Proficient in Workday modules like Core HCM, Benefits, Compensation, Staffing, Payroll interface, Security Groups, Business Processes, Absence Management.
- Expertise in Requirement gathering, Documentation, Writing Use Cases, Functional specification, Business Case analysis, Quality Assurance and Testing including Cloud Connects, Core Connectors, EIBs and Workday Studio.
- Extensive knowledge of Object - Oriented Analysis and UML Design using Rational Rose, Caliber RDM, MS Visio and have created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Swim Lane Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Wireframe Diagrams, and Entity Relationship Diagrams. Experienced in Workday Integrations, iLoad, Data Migration and Reporting. Workday includes Fundamentals, Simple Inbound/Outbound Integrations, Business Processes, Calculated Fields, Report Writer, and Security Fundamentals.
- Involved in Workday Functional HCM with responsibilities including Staffing Models, Job and Positions, Compensation, Defining Business Processes and Security Groups, Customized Report Generation and iLoad’s.
- Experience with data flow and object modeling, case analysis, workflow analysis and functional decomposition, customization, data migration, testing and services.
- Proficient in creating BRD (Business Requirement Document), TRD (Technical Requirement Document), FSD (Functional Specification Document) and UAT Documents, Use Case Narrative & Use Case Diagrams. Worked on HPQC, ITSM, Solutions manager, Service Now, share point and other tools to collect and track the defects during Integration and pre - production testing. Good working experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Workday Modules: Workday Core HR, Compensation, Recruiting, Benefits, Time Tracking, Payroll and Security, PeopleSoft HR, NA Payroll, Benefits, Manager Self-Service, Employee Self-Service modules.
Tools: EIB, Document Transformation, CCB, Core Connector/Cloud Connectors, Workday Studio, XML, XSLT, XPath, Report Writer/Designer, Web Services SOAP & REST, DT, loads, People Tools.
Configuration Tools: Business Process Configurations, Custom Validations, Calculated Fields, Custom Objects, Routing RulesJava Technologies: Java/J2EE Technologies, Java Bean, Web Services.
Reporting Tools: Advanced, Matrix, Nbox, Search, Transposed, Trend, Composite.
Version Control Tools: TFS, GIT.
Document Processing: MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Web, MS Excel.
Databases: Oracle, SQL, MYSQL, PL/SQL.
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, RedHat.
Testing Tools: Load Runner, QTP, QC.
Methodologies: SDLC Waterfall model, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Scrum.
Miscellaneous Skills: Workday HCM and Integration, Workday conversions, iLoad's, Workday Report Writer, Workday Report Designer, EIB, Core Connectors and Workday Studio, Workday Technical Integration, Custom Reporting, BIRT Reporting, Workday Web services, ABAP Reporting, Scripts, Smart forms, Dialog Programming, BDC, ABAP Query, BAPI, BADI, HP Quality Center, Manual Testing, IBM Rational Clear Case/ClearQuest, JIRA.
Sr WORKDAY HCM CONSULTANT
Confidential, Costa mesa, CA
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Performed data conversion from legacy HCM (HR, Payroll, Base Benefits, Benefits Administration and Time & Labor) to Workday HCM modules.
- Worked on payroll and Worked with time tracking, absence management. Assist the client in testing the Workday solution and compensation set-up, security configuration, condition rules and notifications, Time Tracking and Recruiting /Talent Management.
- Configuring Outbound/Inbound Integration with different application interfaces according to the requirements. Managing Data conversions, HR and Compensation related Custom Reports, Security Management, Business Process configuration. Created reports in various functional areas such as New Hires, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll and Recruiting.
- Created advanced reports and attached to the dashboard in the Workday. Modified Merit and Pay statement performance review report using Workday Report Designer (BIRT) for client requirements. Configured a set of integrations to integrate Workday HR with Recruiting system.
- Designed and developed integrations to load and maintain data to health care, insurance, financial partners.
- Gathered Business Requirements by interacting with the stakeholders, conducting JAD sessions, working sessions and other requirements eliciting techniques.
- Used functions such as ETV/XTT to do XSLT file transformations for integrations on Workday Cloud, proficiency in understanding SOAPUI, WSDL, XML, XSLT languages.
- Configuration of Workdays business process framework configured conditional rules to guide workflow or validate data as required to accommodate desired outcomes.
- Configured Workday compensation packages including salary, bonus, allowance, commission, and merit plans for multiple countries including merit and bonus plan processing.
- Plan and create various reporting documents for End Users module guides, Setup and Configuration guide for SME's, process operational guide and manuals for operations users and other as needed.
- Wrote reports using BIRT (Business Intelligence Reporting Tool) that extract Workday data and manipulate it in other formats (Excel) for various needs. Participated in implementation in Talent Management and Recruiting modules. Worked in projects using Agile/Scrum and Waterfall Methodology.
- Created Leave of Absence Rules for defining worker eligibility requirements and validation for leave of absence. Created and modified Components, Pages, Records, Sub records, Fields, Process Definitions and registering Components in Portal, Menu and Permission Lists.
- Involved in online changes to the delivered pages, components, menus, translate values, and prompt table. rote reports using BIRT (Business Intelligence Reporting Tool) that extract Workday data and manipulate it in other formats (Excel) for various needs.
- Involved in full-cycle implementation and Development, Enhancement, and Maintenance of HR, Benefits, and Payroll. Created Security groups for the integrations like benefits and payroll and maintained them with other groups like employee as self and intersection type security groups.
- Worked and configured, testing and implementing of payroll system in Workday like (Workday Payroll & Workday Time Tracking). Developed Integrations using EIB, Core Connectors and Studio integrations to integrate with third party systems.
- Converted XML to XSLT files using XSLT transformations and integrated with third party applications for data exchange. Worked in Payroll work stream, completing activities in design, configuration, testing and deployment of Workday Payroll solutions.
Sr WORKDAY HCM CONSULTANT
Confidential, SAN-JOSE, CA
- Involved in full cycle of implementation of Workday HCM for Design, Build, Test and Deploy. Configured planning for Workday functionality, requirement analysis, data privacy, data validation, testing of business processes and integrations, payroll and hyper care as part of full life cycle implementation.
- Configured Workday HCM, Time Tracking and Absence business processes including validation rules, calculated fields and other components.
- Developed Payroll ADP Integration ADP Tax Monthly, ADP Tax Quarterly, ADP Periodic using Connectors which are pre-delivered by Workday.
- Perform delta testing to ensure that full Payroll data has been extracted, cleansed, calculated and uploaded.
- Worked on various Mass data loads using EIB's in named Bonuses, Allowances, rmation, hire employee, terminate employee, and change in work location, Change in Organization.
- Developed custom integrations to load new hires from people admin. These also include internal hires, contingent workers, and additional jobs. Worked in projects using Agile/Scrum and Waterfall Methodology.
- Developed different custom reports including matrix reports, advanced reports, composite reports on all modules, which includes Compensation, Benefits, Core HR and Payroll. Building Core Connectors.
- Build Custom Security for Fusion HCM which includes Create/Modify Data roles and its Security Profiles, Job Roles, Application Roles and Duty Roles.
- Developed monthly payrolls/bonus reports and data audit schedules and check sheets. Performed employee retention analysis, audits, assessed needs and analyzed performance reviews for succession planning.
- Worked on Workday report development, testing and validation; Excel and Microsoft Reporting services reporting. Day to day support of Workday HCM, Security, Compensation and Reporting issues.
- Created, enhanced existing reports. Worked with standard and Custom Reports, assigning security to the reports primary and related business objects.
- Manage business application implementations, changes, enhancements, and process Improvements. Configures Workday core HR, time and pay structures, benefits, absence Management, Compensation structure, and integrated talent management.
- Managing Data conversions, HR and Compensation related Custom Reports, and Security Management, Business Process configuration and, configuring the application according to customer requirements and developing system Integration.
- Analyzed the existing HR Organizational Structure and took part in Fit/Gap Sessions to Identify Gaps worked with end users on field requirements and field mappings and updated Configuration Workbooks.
- Analyzes future Workday releases to understand impact and capabilities of new features, specifically within the existing Workday configuration.
Confidential, SAN-RAFAEL, CA
- Building reports in different functional areas such as Benefits, Payroll, Compensation, Time Tracking, Absence Management, and New Hires.
- Created custom reports for integrations team which are used as an input to build different integrations such as EIB, Core Connectors and Studio.
- Actively involved in full cycle PeopleSoft to Workday implementation project and involved in design of process flows in workday and the fit-gap analysis of the existing HR Business processes in the On-Premise PeopleSoft and Workday.
- Created Run books for integrations which includes - Integration Design document, Document sign off, Business requirements, Data mapping, file specification, Launch parameters and Integration attributes.
- Worked with Workday vendor team to prepare the design of Sync between PeopleSoft and Workday. Responsible for developing custom reports in Payroll, Benefits, Business Transactions, Action Events, and Financial reports. Created advanced reports, Calculated Fields, Matrix reports, Composite and Integration reports.
- Responsible for loading Newly Merged Employee Data, Compensation Data, Commissions Data etc. to Workday using inbound Confidential 's and Web services.
- Setup Compensation Eligibility Rules based on compensation grades and job profiles. Worked with key stakeholders to confirm requirements, consider design alternatives, facilitate discussions and ultimately drive requirements sign-off.
- Created Supervisory Organizations, Cost Centers, Cost Center Hierarchies, and location hierarchies' maintenance, and modification of Workday Business Processes and definitions. Worked in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Configured Workday compensation packages including salary, bonus, allowance, commission, and merit plans for multiple countries including merit and bonus plan processing. Configured Workday benefits including groups, plans, coverage types, event types, and eligibility rules for multiple countries.
- Implemented Workday performance management including goal setting, midyear, and year end processes and performed regression testing efforts to support release management and phased rollouts indifferent geographic regions.
- Configuration of Workday's business process framework configured conditional rules to guide workflow or validate data as required to accommodate desired outcomes.
- Created couple of EIB's to Hire, Terminate, Retire Workers and create applicants before hire by skipping the approval process. Served as data management expert in data migrations from Success Factors HCM to Workday and delivered data mapping and transformation documents.
- Created standardized data definitions and developed data dictionary for the migration/integration effort. Communicated with customer to coordinate system and user acceptance testing of interfaces
- Worked closely with customer to effectively transition integrations after deployment. Maintains standard reports inventory, updates and revises as necessary to ensure reports are relevant and provide value
- Worked as a core member of Workday Update team and providing feedback and documenting the process to help in future updates of the system.
- Participated in PI Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Retrospective and Daily Scrum meetings.
- Coordinated and participated in estimation meetings to provide high-level estimates (story points) for Backlog items.
- Removed team issues, impediments, defects, observations impacting the team daily to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals and deliverables.
- Worked with key SMEs and business unit stakeholders to identify requirements and translated them into flow charts and Activity Diagrams in MS Visio and wireframes to assist in technical design
- Performed GAP analysis of the functional requirements to ensure they aligned to Business requirement.
- Coordinated with the Product Owner for Business Requirements. Coordinated dependencies across multiple Teams within the Release Train.
- Working in Agile scrum-based environment in designing and developing BA and Testing related documents.
- Work with developers or peer analysts to re-engineer or analyze the existing system. Work with the developers to ensure requirements are being implemented to meet business need and in-line with standard practices.
- Work with Testing team to clarify the requirements and participate in the Test Plan/Review meetings. Ensured the system meet the needs of the Business Unit through User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Responsible for instructing, directing and checking the work of other Business system analysts including quality assurance reviews.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the database for Data Validity and Data Integrity.
- Documented the System Requirement Specification and Functional Requirement Specification and given walkthrough to Business stakeholders, developers, testers took sign-off.
- Documented functional requirement including objectives, in-scope, out-of-scope, risk dependencies, impacted system, source to target data mapping, As-Is and To-Be process flow, error handling rules, file layouts, and table structures.