Over 17 years of experience in Application Support, Tools Architect, System and Network Administration, Network and Security Operations Management, Project Management, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Bug Tracking System (JIRA), Collaboration Software (Confluence), ITSM and ITIL. Middle - level techno-management professional offering formal in management. Strong communication, decision-making, team handling, analytical and project-management skills. Proficient skills for product evaluation and solution designing meeting business objectives. Well versed with trending technologies including Robotic Process Automation, DevOps, Microservices and Cloud Technologies.
Enterprise Tools: AppDynamics, Automation Anywhere, Splunk, CA-UIM (Nimsoft), CA - Spectrum, CA Service Desk, CA - Wily Introscope, CA - Wily CEM, CA - eHealth (TA and AR), CA-SOI, HP-SiteScope, Nagios, CA-CMDB.
Automation Tools: CA Workload Automation AE (AutoSys), IPSwitch MOVEit
Cloud Platforms: AWS, PCF, OpenShift
Config Management: Chef, Puppet
Virtualization: VMWare VCenter, Cisco UCS
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, DOS and Solaris
Network/Web Services: Apache, IIS, Tomcat, FTP, NFS, BIND (DNS), DHCP, Remote Access Services, Terminal Services, Virtual Private Network (VPN), Clustering
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, RIP, IGRP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, SNMP, IPX
Languages: JAVA, HTML, Pearl, Python, Ruby, VB Script, Java Script, Shell
Databases: Oracle, SQL server, MySQL, MS Access, Sybase, DB2
Confidential, Denver, CO
Manager Service Delivery
- Manage the Enterprise Monitoring tools including Unified Infrastructure Monitoring (UIM), HP-BSM, Splunk and AppDynamics for the Health Care division within Confidential .
- Design and Architect implementation of AppDynamics for dedicated customer environment and for On-demand shared services.
- Support Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Infrastructure platform for a big Retail client.
- Configuring bot ids, bot servers and managing access for bots across the infrastructure.
- Automation Anywhere platform support, managing Control Room Access, Credential and Locker Management and Device Management.
- Supporting integration between Splunk logs, MYSQL, and SharePoint.
- Accountable for management, planning and delivery of on-site Infrastructure Application Support including Application Monitoring, Infrastructure Monitoring, Job Scheduling, Transmission Automation and ITSM.
- Worked with Business Users to setup various Projects, Workflows and Dashboard.
- Developed business case studies and proposition for technology buy-outs. Ensured all deliverables are meeting deadlines and delivered within defined SLA.
- Met with internal/external customers to consult on technical solutions, project planning, issue resolution, and implementation assessments.
- Planned Data Migration strategies across multiple platforms for product upgrades and migration.
- Defined roadmaps and Capacity Planning for all the tools supported by the team.
- Created strategies for Tool Rationalization across the supported platform.
- Re-architected File Transmission Platform to ensure High availability and Failover.
- Re-designed queues and tunnels within UIM platform to ensure a better and robust event flow.
- Defined Integration strategies to in corporate new technologies into existing IAS platform.
- Managed Event Flows and Event Correlation workflow across the Monitoring Space.
- Implemented AppDynamics for PCF & OpenShift based Private Cloud platform.
- Defined strategies to align and integrate monitoring and automation platforms with Private & Public (AWS) cloud.
- Worked with DevOps team to write the cookbooks and chef recipes for automated deployment of monitoring probes and agent.
- Conducted regular team meetings to discuss projects, on-going issues, client concerns, tool implementation and upgrade strategies and to motivate and energize team.
- Assisted, guided and collaborated teams and colleagues during various implementation & upgrade.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Architect IT Monitoring Tools
- Lead architecture design, modernization, development, implementation, stabilization, and support for multiple Enterprise Monitoring Platforms and Solutions.
- Devise and execute IT strategies in alignment with organizational objectives.
- Direct project teams with up to 15 global resources through all lifecycle phases.
- Identify business requirements to develop monitoring solutions.
- Architected and implemented monitoring platform for new in-house Data Centers.
- Evaluated tools against set criteria on performance, productivity, features and other parameters.
- Defined the IT infrastructure monitoring target, standards and policies.
- Designed, built, tested and deployed monitoring solutions for clients.
- Managed and expanded existing monitoring platform managing the Data Center.
- Transformed performance and effectiveness of enterprise monitoring platform.
- Managed production support for Global Data Center Monitoring.
- Integrated tools with other Enterprise Applications and ITSM tools (CMDB, ServiceDesk, etc.).
- Developed custom scripts to enhance functionalities around the tools.
- Researched new technologies and planned proof-of-concept and production implementations.
- Spearheaded teams during various implementation and tools upgrade.
- Led transition of platform support to resources across America, Europe and India.
- Led offshore teams that supported Monitoring Tools and Applications.
- Worked as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all monitoring applications used within the organization.
- Developed custom Scripts (Shell/Perl) for enhanced functionalities.
- Performed Tools upgrades and monitor/troubleshoot any post upgrade issues generated in the system.
- Designed and Integrated new tools into monitoring platform based on business requirement.
- Supported peer technology teams during system integration and testing.
- Regularly interacted with internal client and external Vendors for meeting deliverables.
- Performed team reviews, delivery reviews and resource management.
Senior Technical Associate
- Actively participated and led team to support different client spread across multiple geographies for supporting Availability and performance monitoring systems.
- Identify Performance Modelling and Engineering Tools mainly measuring IT performance.
- Evaluate against set criteria on performance, productivity, features and other parameters.
- Develop business case studies and proposition. Design, build, test and deploy performance monitoring solutions for clients.
- Mentor teams and colleagues during various implementation and support.
- Led team to support Network Management Application Onsite.
- Worked as SME on NMS application.
- Researched and recommended new emerging technologies to the client to be incorporated into NMS platform.
- Implemented solution for integrating new platforms and technology into the monitoring tools.
- Supported all NMS application platforms used for monitoring the client’s Network Infrastructure spread across Europe.
- Provided day-to-day operations support for the platform.
- Evaluated new releases/version of software, test them in LABs and recommend for application upgrades.
- Developed Scripts for enhanced tools functionalities.
- Performed Application upgrades and fix any post upgrade issues generated in the system.
- Supported technology teams during system integration and testing.
- Performed Vendor co-ordination and management.
- Performed team reviews, delivery reviews and resource management for this resource outsourcing engagement.
- Analyzed client requirement and suggest NMS solutions.
- Prepared presentations on comparison of different NMS applications.
- Worked as Senior Consultant supporting CA eHealth product for different clients.
- Performed Impact analysis and provided upgrade roadmap for telecom client in Australia.
- Documented upgrade procedures and simulate the upgrade in test environment.
- Supported implementation team during system upgrade. Analyzed and fixed all post upgrade issues generated in the system.
- Prepared document and runbooks for upgrades and system changes.
Assistant Manager IT Projects
- Managed multiple projects with team size of 18 resources and managed vendor teams.
- Worked in Project Planning, Macro to Micro Detailing, Scheduling, Budgeting, Resource Management and Benefit Realization.
- Defined and developed the processes for the captive NOC/SOC.
- Worked on Vendor Identification, RFP, Scoping and Finalizing and conduct vendor reviews.
- Identified cost reduction measures for operations and projects.
- Prepared schedules for work, attended and facilitated conference calls to track project status and management reviews within the project.
- Implemented Guidelines and Policies for NOC/SOC. Performed periodic reviews and proposed changes in the internal network based on security implications.
- Worked with service providers to implement new or upgraded data network devices.
- Ensured project documentation, staff and signoff are aligned with SOW.
- Optimized Project Execution Time and facilitated Resource Optimization.
- Co-ordinated periodic reviews and calls with the offshore and onshore implementation teams. Managed Issue tracking and closures.
- Reported project progress and performed management reviews periodically.
- Facilitated User Migration Planning, Testing and Execution.
- Reviewed and finalized Workflows for implementation. Generated reports per the process defined.
- Prepared and conducted software demonstrations along with Sales team.
- Provided business expertise in processes and workflow analysis.
- Acted as technical resource and liaison between the sales force and customer.
- Worked with the Product Managers to discuss potential product development.
- Developed customer facing collateral and resources to support efforts as Solutions Consultant.
- Conducted customer webinars.
- Teamed with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals.
- Responsible for Remote installation, configuration and supporting servers for video streaming.
- Resolved RAID 50 related issues on the SCSI disks present in the Content Store.
- Performed System administration includes shell scripting, log monitoring for the various applications running for the Video on Demand Project.
- Performed troubleshooting for issues with Qlogic fibre channel switch.