- Accomplished and enthusiastic Financial Systems Professional with 14+ years' combined experience in large law firms and organizations.
- With a framework in Lean Sigma Process Improvement and SCRUM methodologies, I excel as a subject matter expert in financial systems process analysis and am able to quickly manage challenges and maximize successful implementation of solutions.
- I hold myself to a high ethical standards and live out a people - orientated drive to accomplish organizational goals.
- I work to not only deliver solutions, but to prove to the business the impact of their changes in terms of process improvement and how these changes are giving back to their business and staff.
Manager of Financial Systems
Confidential - Belle Plaine, MN
- Manage the configuration and maintenance of key financial system Oracle and auxiliary systems (Concur, SoftCo, FAS, Board, Business Objects)
- Manage and create internal controls surrounding user security, chart of accounts, financial statements (Balance Sheet, P&L, Revenue Statement, etc.)
- Coordinate and support the month-end process. Worked to build a dashboard of interactive month-end close processes and gauges to drive completion of task leading up to month end and post month-end close success
- Participate as business lead for 4 tracks of SCRUM (ATC, P2P, OTC, DSM) daily stand ups, sprint review and planning, and coordinate sprint releases with the business
- Created recurring entry and allocation templates for FTE data, SQFT calculation journals for P&L and utility allocations
- Created workflow enhancement for mass journal drafting, to include submissions, review, approvals and posting
- Developed and implemented the company-wide AP expense invoicing automation software SoftCo and centralization of AP processing from over 30 locations to 1.
- Developed and released company-wide budget entry process and operational expense reporting bursting within BOBJ
- Develop and map budgetary review and loading processes. Integrate budgets to Operational Expense Reports and facilitate weekly expense awareness and monthly expenditure review
- Mentor and provide guidance to finance systems report writer and finance product owners
- Create and extend FX Revaluations process for US and new Canadian entities
- Assist in upgrades to Board Financial Reporting Suite and Thompson Reuters OneSource tax products
- Crated processes to resolve issues in ETL to EDW universe translations and a demand for consistent data integrity
Financial Systems Analyst & Product Owner
- Responsible for planning and execution of DB system enhancements, bug fixes, and system migrations
- Creates valuable solutions, procedures and best practices for all levels of finance staff and functions for new 3E platform
- Guide development team members in successful execution of business needs as they relate to IDE, Integration and data process implementations.
- Prioritize and manage the backlog of development items for the finance team executive committee members. Providing bi-weekly reporting and visibility of progress.
- Extract data via SQL/MDX/Access DB query from various accounting and information systems for use in financial, cost accounting, process and/or pricing analysis needs including interpretation of data in meaningful and concise terms and to support process change
- Master in GL reconciliation and chart of accounts implementation and GL masking change
- Key innovator for billing documents and reports
- Assisted to develop and proctor changes for successful and efficient financial month-end close procedures and generate financial reports for management
- Mentor and provide guidance to Jr level FST team members and jr developers
- Manage implementation steps between system environments and oversee QA testing to ensure sound deployments
- Implemented FX Revaluation processes after transition of finance systems to 3E
Firm Billing & Collections Coordinator
- Support the firm-wide national billing and collections representatives on process and procedures, and support the firm's attorneys on billing and collections issues
- Create and advise all firm billing, accounting, staff, office managers and attorneys regarding; billing and collections procedures and policies, best practices, client guidelines, time entry, billing software
- Review of billing progress for firm, including compiling reports for all offices and analysis of billing statistics
- Review and analyze best practices, formulate and execute changes
- Assist eBilling Coordinator with onboarding of e-billed clients, including granting user access, password maintenance, vendor site and eBillingHub training and assist in adding, updating and verifying correct firm and timekeeper data on vendor sites
- Conduct all training for all time and billing software users
- Maintain and update billing training manual and related presentations
- Respond to frequent requests from attorneys, staff and clients for ad hoc review and reporting of AR, cash and billing details
- Creation and ongoing updates of all billing formats
- Field support calls from staff and advise IT department on troubleshooting Aderant/billing issues
- Assisted in development of firm wide emailing of invoices initiative and process/macro development
- Assisted in analysis and implementation of "Proxy Time" process to eliminate time entry for immigration practice group timekeepers for flat fee matters
- Assisted in creation of controls for timely billing of flat fees and client retainer agreements
- Assisted to implement Progress billing abilities in Aderant
- Performed major reconciliations for top firm clients spanning 10+ years of data to save client relationship
- Conducted analysis of local law firm billing organization structure