A seasoned professional with over 22 years of experience in the information technology arena, with a strong focus on leadership, quality, end user and innovation in the business intelligence center of excellence. I aspire to build my career experiences around leveraging opportunities to champion the partnership between business and IT and how that relationship can be strategically complemented in the BI and data integration spaces.
Databases: ASE Sybase, DB2, MDX, Microsoft Analysis Services, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Red Brick, SAP BW, SAP HANA, Hadoop, SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL Server, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Sybase IQ, QMF, Teradata, IBM TM1.
Business Intelligence Technologies: Cognos Impromptu, MicroStrategy Desktop, MicroStrategy MobileMicroStrategy Architect, MicroStrategy Web, MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Command ManagerMicroStrategy Object Manager, MicroStrategy Enterprise ManagerMicroStrategy Office, MicroStrategy Visual Insight, Qlik View Desktop, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI.
Business Application Technologies: ABCFlowChart, CA - 7, Endevor, Google Docs, ISPF/PDF, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft AccessMicrosoft FrontPage, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft SharePointMicrosoft Visio, Microsoft Outlook, Prism Warehouse Directory (PWD), Prism Quality Manager (PQM), TSO, RockySoft, Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Project Management Methodologies and Technologies: Celoxis, Compatibility Maturity Model (CMM), HP PPM, Lean Six Sigma, Microsoft Project.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server.
Technical s: Lean Six Sigma Bronze Belt, MicroStrategy Solutions Engineer, MicroStrategy
Methodology and Methods Engineer, CA: 7 Developer.
Senior BI Architect
Confidential, Clearwater, Florida
- Responsible for defining and delivering the business requirements, formulas and timings needed to build out the four-year roadmap for the company’s global expansion of its various product lines.
- Responsible for developing the global network strategy that will support product growth in the year 2020.
- Responsible for the development and standardization of product transfer and regulatory driven reformulation processes within the Vogue International product center of excellence (CoE).
- Conducted weekly status meetings to update senior management on the progress of key initiatives being worked to align with the standardized product transfer and reformulation processes.
- Responsible for the development, deployment and support of key supply chain KPIs for the business.
- Responsible for developing new analyses for the Supply Chain organization and their publication throughout the Vogue International enterprise.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the Vogue International product unit/sales projections forecast and vendor fill rate analysis reporting by developing reporting visualizations and dashboards in various BI reporting tools such as MicroStrategy Desktop 10.10, PowerBI Desktop, QlikView Desktop 12 and Tableau 10.3.
- Responsible for the development of data cubes to help drive predictive analysis of product transfers to support dual sourcing initiatives and capacity management across the Johnson and Johnson/Vogue external manufacturer network.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing Vogue International reporting solutions via RockySoft and Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP systems.
- Responsible for development and end user of capacity management dashboards that enabled demand planners to do production planning at the external manufacturer and workstation levels.
- Responsible for the development and end user of inventory analysis dashboards which gave product planners the ability to analyze inventory on a weekly level by distribution center supplier and material group.
- Responsible for developing and publishing Closeout report for inventory that has been discontinued that can be sold to various Vogue International customers.
- Responsible for the development and end user of the master chemical database which details all chemicals and their associated data characteristics (packaging, pricing, supplier information, etc.) for all Vogue International products.
- Completed Microsoft SharePoint .
IT Manager/BI Architect
Confidential, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Provided technical leadership to a team of seven (7) developers who directly reported to me, along with leading an offshore development team to design, develop and implement MicroStrategy based reporting solutions for various value chains across the Confidential BI enterprise.
- Managed resources, cost center budgeting, organizing and facilitating of all MicroStrategy related status meetings and overseeing the process of project implementations from development into Production.
- Conducted peer code reviews of all MicroStrategy based project work and conducted weekly one on one meetings with development team members to foster a good working relationship, be available to address any employee needs that may arise and gain project status updates.
- Managed a MicroStrategy reporting infrastructure that supports over 6,000 reports and twenty-six (26) MicroStrategy projects that span across ten (10) different value chains across the Confidential enterprise.
- Served as the manager and project lead for all MicroStrategy development work for Confidential ’s Strategic Technology Solutions (STS) Center of Excellence.
- Managed a user base that averaged a little over 1,700 active users on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for the maintenance and support of the overall MicroStrategy reporting infrastructure in regards to system administration, configuration management and performance tuning of the Intelligence and Web servers for the Confidential PoC (Proof of Concept), Development, Staging and Production environments.
- Managed the upgrade efforts of the Confidential PoC (Proof of Concept), Development, Staging and Production MicroStrategy reporting architectures from versions 9.0.2 through 10.4.
- Managed the development and implementation of the Procurement Market Intelligence (PMI) dashboards that were designed to provide parts and cost analysis at the plant, manufacturer, supplier and commodity business levels.
- Managed the development and implementation of Nypro Packaging Reporting dashboards and reports that were designed to provide parts and commodity analysis for the finance, operations, quality, sales and distribution and supply chain lines of business.
- Managed the development and implementation of the Supplier Performance Report (SPR) dashboards that were designed to help Confidential and its suppliers understand their position as partners in business. These dashboards used SAP HANA as the backend reporting database. This analysis was done at the service, delivery and quality performance levels.
- Managed the development and implementation of the Procurement Intelligence Platform (PIP) MicroStrategy dashboards that were designed to integrate with the IBM Watson technology to provide Big Data and Analytics to improve supplier strategies and negotiation outcomes.
- Managed the development and implementation of the Confidential Green Point (JGP) Equipment Capacity Analysis MicroStrategy dashboards that were designed to facilitate the analysis of JGP revenue & available equipment with the user status and forecasted requirements of the JGP Equipment capacity for the next 12 months.
- Managed the development and implementation of the Direct and Indirect Reporting MicroStrategy dashboards that were designed to analyze direct and indirect material expenses on various supply chain characteristics over a period of time.
- Managed the implementation of the MicroStrategy self-service reporting and enterprise dashboards for the Enterprise Information Platform (EIP) project. These reporting products were designed to facilitate supply chain historical, current and forecasted spend analysis at the manufacturer and supplier business levels. The data was sourced from Microsoft Analytical Platform System (APS) and Hadoop databases.
- Conducted MicroStrategy Visual Insight self-service reporting end user in Singapore and Penang, Malaysia for Confidential Strategic Technology Solutions and Green Point centers of excellence (CoEs).
- Responsible for the development of the Confidential MicroStrategy Tutorial project which consisted of various reports and dashboards to assist in familiarizing the Confidential value chain business analysts with the MicroStrategy reporting software.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the BOM Design Measureables and CISCO customer integration MicroStrategy dashboards that gave senior management a high-level view of manufacturing parts supply and demand at the plant and material type levels.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the AMS (After Market Services) value chain MicroStrategy report builder and dashboards that gave senior management a high-level view of aftermarket spend analysis at the regional, site, supplier and commodity levels.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Environmental & Social Metrics value chain MicroStrategy dashboard that gave senior management a high-level view of carbon footprint analysis at the regional, site, activity and waste type levels.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Celoxis MicroStrategy Finance Report which is used by Confidential project management teams to review overall resource availability and employee time tracking activities and trends.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the SNC Reporting Suite which is used by Confidential external and internal clients for supply chain and consignment usage analysis.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Confidential CISCO SI Doc Tracking Reporting Suite used by Confidential ’s CISCO clients to manage and analyze it supply chain management activities.
- Completed Qlikview/QlikSense hands on workshop.
- Completed Tableau hands on workshop.
- Led proof of concept initiative to explore Microsoft’s Power BI toolset for self-service reporting capabilities visualizing our Confidential PMO data elements for reporting analysis.
- Led proof of concept initiative for the integration of MicroStrategy and the IBM TM1 database for Confidential financial quarterly sector review reporting.
- Led proof of concept initiative to explore MicroStrategy’s connectivity with Cloudera’s Impala for Hadoop Big Data integration for Confidential shop floor reporting analysis.
Senior Technical Consultant
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
- Provided technical leadership to a team of five (5) MicroStrategy consultants to design, develop and implement MicroStrategy based reporting solutions for various customers on a global scale.
- Managed resources, project budget, organizing and facilitating of all MicroStrategy related status meetings and overseeing the process of project implementations from development into Production of the United States Postal Service Retail and Customer Care reporting project.
- Managed the Retail (RDM) and Customer Care Reporting Module (RPM) projects for the United States Postal Service in Washington, DC and Wilkes-Barre, PA respectively. These two projects leverage the MicroStrategy architecture to facilitate business reporting needs for the United States Postal Service retail and customer service lines of business.
- Re-engineered Catalina Marketing’s Fingertip Insights dashboard reports to run successfully and efficiently in Flash mode in MicroStrategy Web version 8.1.2. The dashboard reports where originally developed to only run in Interactive mode.
- Created technical design documentation to support dashboard conversion of Catalina Marketing’s Fingertip Insights dashboard reports from Interactive to Flash mode in MicroStrategy Web version 8.1.2.
- Developed reports and associated technical design documentation in MicroStrategy Desktop version 8.1.2 and automated them using MicroStrategy Office version 8.1.2 for MicroStrategy Worldwide Services that were used to facilitate quarterly review processes for their professional services directors, managers, sales associates and directors. These reports were used to measure and professional consultant headcount, utilization, and sales revenue generated within MicroStrategy’s and Consulting Services departments.
- Responsible for the database, project and report design using MicroStrategy version 8.1.2 and associated technical documentation to develop the Acquisition Dashboard for the Department of Veterans Affairs, which detailed all purchase transitions and projects within their respective contracting and program office organizations of the VA department.
- Responsible for the re-design of the Aquilent ReportData SQL Server 2005 database into a star schema methodology. The re-design allowed end users of the Department of Veterans Affairs to do reporting at various levels via MicroStrategy Web version 8.1.2.
- Responsible for the database design, the creation of schema objects (attributes, facts, metrics) using MicroStrategy version 8.1.2 and associated technical documentation to develop the Recovery Act reports for the Department of Veterans Affairs, which detailed all recovery act acquisition projects within their respective program office organizations of the VA department.
- Created and maintained report technical design documentation for the PO Box Opportunity, PO Box Activity Summary and PO Box Payment Performance reports for the United States Postal Service Retail (RDM) reporting system.
- Implemented enhancements for the United States Postal Service MicroStrategy Assessment project for the APC Credit Exam Summary and PO Box Payment Performance reports that greatly improved query performance time and made their MicroStrategy schema and report objects more scalable for future reporting. These enhancements included modifying reports to use one single fact view as oppose to multiple aggregate views and the removal of conditional logic and aggregation done at the database level and having it done by the MicroStrategy analytical engine.
- Responsible for and completed an impact analysis of the United States Postal Service Retail (RDM) database to determine which views are currently being used and not used by MicroStrategy, their dependent views and the most current state of the view in the QA and Production database environments.
- Responsible for and completed the initial requirements for the United States Postal Service MicroStrategy Assessment Phase IV - Performance project. The requirement was to identify measures that need to occur to improve the performance of views associated with the Daily Retail Revenue, Retail Performance Scorecard Detail and Summary reports.
- Assisted the technical lead on the McCain Foods Project in Toronto, Ontario. Assisted the technical lead in understanding the pros and cons of leveraging the functionality of derived elements and intelligent cubes in the MicroStrategy Web version 9 product.
- Responsible for the database, project and report design using MicroStrategy version 8.1.2 and associated technical documentation to develop the Customer Care Reporting Module (RPM) system for the United States Postal Service, which detailed customer service request information at the national, area, district and retail unit levels.
Confidential, Oldsmar, Florida
- Served as the Lead Developer for the development, implementation and user support of various reports generated through MicroStrategy’s DSS Agent.
- The information in these reports was used by Nielsen internal and external clients and several major television network marketing representatives to aid in determining television network ratings trends and program line-ups.
- Responsible for coordinating the migration of the NPOWER/eNACT application components through the various phases of the project life cycle (Development - Test - Production).
- Responsible for the development of Grabix custom reports for the National business unit using the MicroStrategy’s DSS Agent version 6.1 and the extraction, load and transformation (ETL) processes of this data into development, test and production Informix Red Brick database environments.
- Completed advanced courses in MicroStrategy’s DSS Agent versions 5.x, 6.x and 7.x and DSS Architect versions 6.x and 7.x.
- Served as the Lead Developer in development of reports using the BrioQuery Intelligence Designer tool version 6.6.4 and the extraction, transformation and load (ETL) processes of this data into development, test and production Sybase IQ database environments. Internal Nielsen business analysts used the information in these reports to analyze ratings at the household and person detail report levels and assess viewership trends across various households and person characteristics.
- Responsible for the development of the PowerPlay Windows application using the Microsoft Visual C# .NET toolset. Internal and external Nielsen clients used the information in these reports to analyze television ratings and assess viewership trends across various households and person characteristics.
- Served as the Lead Developer responsible for the development, implementation and administration of the Mercury ITG version 6.0 and HP PPM version 7.x products; used to govern and align portfolio, resource, time, financial and project management processes across all Nielsen Company business units and delivery centers on a global level.
- Responsible for the development and enhancement of the Enterprise ITG/PPM Idea, Proposal, Project and Asset workflows, request forms and the ITG/PPM requests batch load process. I learned the XML loader utility and developed the templates used by end users to capture the data for import into the ITG/PPM system. I worked closely with the National and ITISS business unit users to support their batch load request needs and resolve all issues reported.
- Responsible for documenting the functionality of the custom (SOPs) portlets developed by Mercury for the Portfolio Management Enterprise release to help resolve user questions. I also learned the processes enforced in the Core, Engineering, ITISS, Local, National and Process Quality business units and successfully implemented these on the ITG/PPM project.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining requirements, technical designs and implementation tasks and features lists documentation for the ITG/PPM Enterprise project. I developed functional test cases for the migration of the software to new hardware environment (UNIX). I communicated effectively and efficiently with end users in meetings and via e-mail.
- Responsible for coding PL/SQL scripts to update and load resource information in the ITG/PPM Resource Management module and supporting the daily backup processes for the Production, Staging,, Test and Development environments housed on Oracle 10g databases.
- Responsible for the coordination and resolution of production support issues within the Enterprise ITG/PPM project.
- Completed DBA level courses in Informix Red Brick Data Warehouse version 6.x.
- Completed Project Management Seminar hosted by the American Management Association (AMA).
- Completed Introduction to Java Programming courses.
- Completed Microsoft Visual C# .NET courses.
- Completed Microsoft SQL Server 2005 courses.
- Completed Mercury ITG version 6.0 Base Configuration courses.
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
- Supported and maintained the IW Hotline Helpdesk database that documents IW user issues and data inquires.
- Wrote, enhanced, tested and executed JCL jobs to deploy the ETL processes in the development, test and production environments of the Information Warehouse.
- Wrote, enhanced, tested and executed COBOL application programs to deploy the ETL processes in the development, test and production environments of the Information Warehouse.
- Enhanced and supported Metadata system for the Confidential Information Warehouse. Successfully developed, tested and deployed several versions of the IW MetaData System to IW users in the Confidential Executive Office and Canadian Regional Office sites. Application was developed in MS Access.
- Project Manager for the implementation of Endevor in the Confidential Information Warehouse Production Support environment. Conducted class for fellow associates on the IW Support Team that outlined the inner workings of Endevor in the Confidential Change Management environment.
- Project Manager for the implementation of CA-7 in the Confidential Change Management Production environment. Assisted in conducting CA-7 class for fellow Confidential associates.
- Worked extensively with and supported Cognos Impromptu 3.5 and Cognos Impromptu 5.0 in the creation of reports and catalogs. Performed system testing for releases of Cognos Impromptu versions 3.5 (July 1997) and 5.0 (November 1999). Conducted Impromptu classes and one-on-one that introduces new users to the Impromptu application that allows them to query the IW and generate reports in an easy, quick, and efficient manner.
- Have completed CMM (Compatibility Maturity Model) project management methodology courses that have enabled me to become a more efficient and accurate project manager and to better streamline Confidential processes to better handle Confidential ’s business needs.
- Conducted systems testing for the Information Warehouse front-end applications (Cognos Impromptu and MS Access) and EDA/SQL middleware for ISPF/PDF mainframe environment and DB2 Version 5 upgrades.
- Created and modified Information Warehouse system job flows using Visio 3.0.
- Project manager for the Elimination of Summary Tables from the Information Warehouse development, test and production regions of DB2. The successful completion of this project saved Confidential over $27,000 in DASD cost.
- Worked with the data quality tool Prism Quality Manager (PQM) performing data integrity checks on the IW and Prism Warehouse Directory (PWD), a data repository tool used to store the metadata of the Information Warehouse.
- Completed formal in Oracle, SQL*Plus, and PL/SQL.
- Completed formal in Unix Shell Script Programming.
- Represented Confidential at the Ardent Software Datawarehouse Conference held in New Orleans, Louisiana. Evaluated various Ardent Software datawarehousing business tools, platforms and methodologies to discover new and innovative ways in which to enhance the Confidential Information Warehouse.