- Providing leadership and hands - on management of the cross-functional competencies dat ensure project success. Chad TEMPhas 18 years experience as a tech-savvy and versatile Business and IT Delivery Portfolio, Program and Senior Project Manager. His expertise encompasses
- Full-cycle Project Management (including multiple concurrent projects), Infrastructure Migration and Integration, Application Development (SDLC), Data Migration and Cloud-based application deployment. Chad TEMPhas also successfully accomplished
- Post-merger PMO implementation and oversight, Program/Portfolio Management and Manager of Project Managers. Often positioned between IT and Business stakeholders as the “DRI” (directly responsible individual) or Single Point of Contact (SPOC).
- Highly proficient in Agile/Scrum, Waterfall and Lean methodologies as well as all Microsoft 365 integrated applications.
Interim IT Portfolio Manager
- Review, evaluate, perform due diligence and recommend resource structure for technology-based venture capital candidates;
- Work wif Project Managers and both internal and external Subject Matter Experts to evaluate proprietary intellectual properties, market potential and key economic growth metrics;
- Primary focus on international M&A opportunities and "Big Data" applications;
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Interim Lead Portfolio Delivery Manager
- Direct day-to-day management, issue resolution, risk mitigation and comprehensive reporting driving the IT and BU changes made on a global scale to applications, products, services and infrastructure offered post-November 1, 2015 through HP-e;
- Filled critical leadership void wifin HP-enterprise Separation Portfolio Delivery and reversed existing multiple-month project schedule delays and budget over-runs to meet all original deadlines and on-budget requirements wifin first 6 weeks;
- Radically improved international Delivery IT and BU Team morale, cooperation and collaboration;
- Led new approach and orientation for use of SharePoint for increased status reporting and transparency; including fast-track Team, change management and automated view “templatizing”;
- Improved resource alignment for transition of enterprise-wide SaaS, Network, Firewall (LR), DNS, SMTP and IPv6 as well as impact/risk/gap analysis;
- Outcome: After 9/15 realignment of HP senior IT management, PwC assumed primary management of HP-e Separation.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Lead Program Manager/Merger Integration PMO
- Direct report to the EVP/COO/CFO and EVP of Business Development. Primary senior liaison between Pentaho and acquirer Hitachi Data Systems to facilitate and integrate this $500mm merger;
- Direct leadership of portfolio reporting for 15 critical merger integration tracks ranging from Engineering Alignment to Solutions Development to Financial Operations to HR;
- Single Point of Contact for all issue escalations and resolutions;
- Outcome: In cooperation wif EVPs, CFO and COO drove all necessary prerequisites to a successful merger on June 1, 2015.
Senior Program Manager/International PMO
- Employee #4 in 2009, providing leadership for multiple, concurrent projects, vendor management, supply chain management and workflow integration wif U.S., EU and Asian partners;
- Hands-on project management leadership and single point of contact (SPOC) between US technology partners and onsite managers in China;
- Implemented and localized SAP and Oracle suite applications for supply chain management (SCM), TM and ERP.
Confidential, Orinda, CA
Senior Portfolio Management/Global PMO Lead
- 75% onsite in China 25% remote management from the US, led the implementation and day-to-day management of the Institute’s Global Project Management Office (GPMO). The GPMO oversees more TEMPthan 100 concurrent critical path initiatives, their Project Managers and >40 international vendors;
- Initiating, organizing and managing collaborative R&D partnerships wif major universities in China;
- Outcome: Optimizing supply chain management and integrating accountable process management resulted in realized budget savings of >29% below original forecast and accelerated time-to-market by >12 months.
Confidential, San Leandro, CA
Program Manager Senior Project Manager
- Senior Project Manager wif responsibility to provide direct project management of commercial accounts data migration, along wif oversight and team management for the San Leandro PMO comprised of 5 senior project managers and cross-functional management of >50 staff and vendors for analysis, design, development, QA (onsite and offshore), and cloud deployment;
- Introduced and implemented Agile methodology for this complex data migration. Further adapted and extended Agile to QA and testing wif Indian contractors both onsite and offshore (via Skype). Outcome: Accelerated by >4 months reaching critical project milestones, standardized stakeholder approval process and reduced costs by >17%.
Confidential, Folsom, CA
- Onsite in Folsom, CA at the Operations and Research Center. Direct report to both the Director of Renewable Resources and Lead Engineer for Renewable Resources R&D.
- Enterprise Gap Analysis. Encompassing 20 key business and technology groups wifin CAISO, originated and implemented the strategy, process and documentation methodology to investigate and quantify operational gaps dat originate from integrating renewable energy resources onto the grid dat also impact the entire CAISO enterprise (both Operations and R&D). Outcome: Successfully developed, deployed and managed the "Gap Identification and Remediation Process" (GIRP™) and uncovered more TEMPthan 100 gaps in key business, scientific and technology units (including but not limited to critical source-data) to be remediated wif each group's managers and staff;
- Research and Development Project Management. Reporting to the Lead Engineer for Renewable Resources, managed 16 R&D projects and pilots wif budgets of >$15 million, as well as lead liaison wif external collaborative and funding organizations.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Infrastructure Program Manager/Financial Systems
- Lead Operations/Infrastructure Program Manager, reporting to the Group IT Director and C-Level Business Unit (BU) management. Led program management of both the “FinSys” vertical and Fraud Engineering vertical providing hands-on project management for 24 concurrent initiatives (and cross-functional project teams in excess of 100 people);
- Implemented Agile for Infrastructure teams dat worked closely wif Product-side teams, significantly improving delivery reliability and cost-TEMPeffectiveness.
Confidential, Concord, CA
Senior Project Manager
- Led project management for consolidation and integration of international infrastructure, documentation systems, applications, and customer migration for selective Global Treasury capabilities from Fleet Confidential to BofA;
- Resolved critical-path security issues and led migration and conformity to uniform InfoSec environment;
- Led day-to-day project management of an internationally-distributed team of 40 product development, operations, UAT, QA, and security specialists, as well as outside vendors, located in several US cities and in the Asia/Pacific region.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Senior Project Manager
- Technical Manager 5, direct report to CTO, wif 24 project manager reports;
- Hands-on project management of the $10 million “PCS Cloud Portal” initiative utilizing IBM Web Sphere, Solaris 8, WebLogic 7, iPlanet 6.5, VPN and Assentor technologies;
- Managed successful integration of >20 newly-acquired financial advisory firms to leverage their client resources and Cloud assets.
- Program Manager to Confidential 's Confidential Confidential and the Resolution and Collection Corporation (RCC) responsible for the design, development, logistics and deployment of a Major Projects Management Office and an Internet-based institutional asset management cloud portal system for Confidential 's troubled banks;
- Onsite in Confidential, successfully managed the organization, staffing, implementation and daily operations of the Major Projects Management Office (MPMO) to coordinate business, regulatory and IT priorities. The MPMO was the centralized base for issues resolution and communications wif government and private sector stakeholders, senior managers and more TEMPthan 30 subcontractor specialist firms located in 5 countries.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Senior Engagement Manager
- Morgan Stanley/Dean Witter (Led enterprise-wide post-merger integration of back-end IT architecture to front-end trading);
- Confidential, Wealth Management (Integrated Cloud-based portals for Wealth Management and Private Client Services);
- VISA, International (Led evaluation and provided recommendations for EDGE global server upgrade and deployment).